IGNORED

This is what Mega Man on CV could look like... :)

Pixelboy

I was in the mood to work on some 8-bit graphics yesterday, and I did something I've been meaning to do for a long time: I worked on scaling down Mega Man sprites to ColecoVision standards, by making all animation frames fit in 16x16 squares, with no more than two colors per frame.

I'm pretty happy with the results, so I decided to share them with you guys. I'm not looking to make an actual Mega Man game on ColecoVision, at least not this year, this is just a sprite scaling test.

Can anyone guess what the Robot Masters are from the weapons menu in my mockup screenshot? :D

post-7743-0-60375100-1426119387_thumb.png

• Like 15

I was in the mood to work on some 8-bit graphics yesterday, and I did something I've been meaning to do for a long time: I worked on scaling down Mega Man sprites to ColecoVision standards, by making all animation frames fit in 16x16 squares, with no more than two colors per frame.

I'm pretty happy with the results, so I decided to share them with you guys. I'm not looking to make an actual Mega Man game on ColecoVision, at least not this year, this is just a sprite scaling test.

Can anyone guess what the Robot Masters are from the weapons menu in my mockup screenshot? :D

really nice

we gonna have bomber man and mega man on the cv

That looks really good! I'd love to see something come of this.

The only other comment I have is that the face area looks like he has a deformed eye. I see what you were going for with the helmet, but I can't get away from seeing it as a deformation. I put together a few alternate takes on it and it's definitely difficult to get it looking just right. No matter what, a lot of compromise has to be made.

My favorite is starred:

post-9364-0-26508500-1426168696_thumb.png

Very nice:), the only little problem i can see (i look at it very quickly so may be i 'm wrong) but i think where you placed the ladder prevent the game to have smooth horizontal scrolling. Except if you plan to use sprites for the ladder , but you would have of problem then.

Very nice:), the only little problem i can see (i look at it very quickly so may be i 'm wrong) but i think where you placed the ladder prevent the game to have smooth horizontal scrolling. Except if you plan to use sprites for the ladder , but you would have of problem then.

I didn't think about scrolling when I made that screenshot. I just wanted to insert the sprites in an actual game screen just to see what it looks like.

I didn't think about scrolling when I made that screenshot. I just wanted to insert the sprites in an actual game screen just to see what it looks like.

I just assumed you were thinking of multi-screen style instead of scrolling... like in that animated gif you posted a while back of the ninja running from screen to screen. That looked absolutely awesome, btw. Reminded me of a dream game design I had when I was younger.

I don't like your new business model Pixelboy of teasing us like this and not producing. :)

LOL! I'm busy enough as it is, believe me. ;)

I just assumed you were thinking of multi-screen style instead of scrolling... like in that animated gif you posted a while back of the ninja running from screen to screen. That looked absolutely awesome, btw. Reminded me of a dream game design I had when I was younger.

That ninja demo was not mine. I think it was done by bfg.gamepassion...