IGNORED

Lynx lcd /Vga console repairs, & mods

crans

Alright so the 64gb USB is already FAT32. I tried clearing it and loading one folder with a GDI image in it and all the .bins etc. Did not work. Still said no files on drive. I cleared it and was using 'command prompt' to format it as FAT32 again (I have Windows 7). Currently it is verifying that the drive is FAT32 (8% and slowly crawling). I don't really think this will help but I am hoping for the best. Is there anything I should know about the types of drives to use?

Meh I just wana DC off an HDD!

Why not download and use the format software that was sent to you via email and choose 64k for allocation? One of the drives I tested with the USBGDROM is a verbatim 150gb usb HD from 2007 and it worked perfectly. So if you already did set an allocation size of 64k and formatted the drive for FAT32 then it must be the drive itself.

These two options work. The SanDisk cruzer is what I'm currently using without an issue: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TKFCYP0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3IDPWO1MEMM80&coliid=I1JAYJFUAOUOSO&psc=1

This one will also work : http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L4KYPCE/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3IDPWO1MEMM80&coliid=I1DTKTWYYVH795

• Like 1

Well I initially formatted my 1TB WD My Passport with 32K allocation sectors and I noticed some significant slowdown in loading and occasionally in the first few games I tested but I re-formatted it with 64K and I only noticed a tiny bit of slowdown in opening cinematics in the same games I tested but the games play fine. I love this thing. Does it have an easy way to get to the menu where I can check what's on my VMU's? So far I've had a second DC hooked up to do it but I also discovered if I try to load a game that won't work with VGA it defaults back to the DC menu (the DC I am installing this on is modded for VGA).

I was also wondering what format of ISO will work with this device? I had a Nero disk image and it wouldn't work. Just wondering.

Well I initially formatted my 1TB WD My Passport with 32K allocation sectors and I noticed some significant slowdown in loading and occasionally in the first few games I tested but I re-formatted it with 64K and I only noticed a tiny bit of slowdown in opening cinematics in the same games I tested but the games play fine. I love this thing. Does it have an easy way to get to the menu where I can check what's on my VMU's? So far I've had a second DC hooked up to do it but I also discovered if I try to load a game that won't work with VGA it defaults back to the DC menu (the DC I am installing this on is modded for VGA).

I was also wondering what format of ISO will work with this device? I had a Nero disk image and it wouldn't work. Just wondering.

One drawback is that no one has developed a tool for USB GDR which patches the games for VGA. I don't think it's that hard to do it manually by modifying one of the small bin files I believe. At present, all GDI images should work. CDI is not fully implemented, and your ISO probably has CDI inside. As for VMU's no you'll have to rely on the default DC menu to do that.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...