IGNORED

New to the ST, need help with E-Bay Satan Drive

Hi all,

After being an Atari 8 bit person since ever, finally got a 1040STf, got it with the monitor an a 20 Mb drive, all work. Got an E-bay Satan drive which I cant get to work. SD card contents read on PC, when I press reset, drive goes from a red to green led but nothing afterwards, anyone ran into a similar situation? Thanks

You have to install the driver to the boot sector and set the partition's boot flag, then hddriver.sys will be loaded from the root of C:

Does the card have HDDRUTIL.PRG on it? That is what you need to install the driver.

Make a floppy with HDDRIVER.PRG in the AUTO and have HDDRUTIL.PRG on A: somewhere. When the floppy boots, the driver in auto will run and should pick up the satandisk. then you can run HDDRUTIL and install the driver to C: and set the boot flag.

Edited by TheNameOfTheGame

Ha

You have to install the driver to the boot sector and set the partition's boot flag, then hddriver.sys will be loaded from the root of C:

Does the card have HDDRUTIL.PRG on it? That is what you need to install the driver.

Make a floppy with HDDRIVER.PRG in the AUTO and have HDDRUTIL.PRG on A: somewhere. When the floppy boots, the driver in auto will run and should pick up the satandisk. then you can run HDDRUTIL and install the driver to C: and set the boot flag.

Do not see that .prg, do you have a download link? Thanks

Can you get files onto a floppy from your pc? If you have a built-in 3.5 drive on your pc (no usb drives), you can follow these directions http://8bitchip.info/atari/floimgd.php to be able to write floppy images.

I use MSA Converter to make .MSA disk images to copy using FLOIMG. Here are some other options, http://www.atari-wiki.com/?title=Disk-Imagers

Sorry if you know this already. Not sure how far along you are getting the ST ready. :)

Edited by TheNameOfTheGame

Can you get files onto a floppy from your pc? If you have a built-in 3.5 drive on your pc (no usb drives), you can follow these directions http://8bitchip.info/atari/floimgd.php to be able to write floppy images.

I use MSA Converter to make .MSA disk images to copy using FLOIMG. Here are some other options, http://www.atari-wiki.com/?title=Disk-Imagers

Sorry if you know this already. Not sure how far along you are getting the ST ready. :)

yeap, in fact I got an ASrock motherboard for my AMD FX-8350 that had a floppy controller so i could write floppies, will check out the links, thanks

You can download a preset img to an SD card

http://atari.8bitchip.info/DiskImgPP1.html

If you purchased the Satan drive off ebay and it came with a 2gb cards already. Assuming its from the seller in Poland then once your ST boots up to desk top you will need to hit the reset button. This will load the drive select option on the reset. The cards he sells with them already have the disk image from the site I linked above and it had all the appropriate drives. If you didnt get one from that seller then just follow the instruction on the site linked above.

Hello TheNameoftheGame & Indus GT,

Can you be kind to tell me what version you have for your HHDriver software ? As for my TT030, I seems have a problem to installing any partitions types. My TT030 refused to let me to installed any software or HHDriver Driver on Partitions C. I did typed "TOS" ,blank, "$06", "DGM" types and nothing works ! Did I miss something ???

I DO NEED AN HELP ! :grin: and ;-)

I am using internal SCSI 1.2 GB HDD on TT030

Edited by Caterpiggle

It's not true that UltraSatan needs min TOS 1.04 - it can work with 1.00 and 1.02 too. But there are some restrictions with them.

"SD card contents read on PC" - can you say more details ?

wanted to upload it but the system wont let me, let me try something else

Edited by IndusGT

i had that same issue with my 1040f and upgrading to 1.04 rainbow TOS fixed it you can try to load a img on to the sd card using imgburn there are a couple out there already set up, if you need to know where one is, just pm me and try it, but i suggest rainbow tos.especially since the one you would have bought off ebay isnt jookie's one, but someone who used the original as a template and then modified it. which i am happy he did, he made it work off 12v so i could plug it directly into my secondary power connector in my Mega ST4 without having to use resistors or make a power limiting board to plug it in, like jookie 8v version (which i have on my STE).