IGNORED

Sean Kelly ColecoVision Multi-Carts

HkryCrkStudio

Does anyone know anything about the multi-cart that John Lester is playing with in this video?

It appears to be by Sean Kelly, but John says it's got 154 ROMs on it, and on the menu screen we see "The Ultimate Multi-Cart". John says he picked this up at the Vegas CGE (I assume the 2010 expo). This particular multi-cart is not listed among the multi-carts in NIAD's Collector List so I just want to know if this is a previously undocumented product, maybe a CGE exclusive, and/or if it's a Sean Kelly creation.

Interestingly the menu screen has the same layout as the "All-in-1" except minor differences with the "All-in-1" version below and this one are "CVR8" (or is that an "S"?) replaces "ColecoVision Presents", and "The End-All Multicart" replaces "The Ultimate Multi-Cart". Small differences sure... perhaps this was a revised version of the "All-in-1". I suppose only Sean would know for sure. He probably made 100 different versions...

post-39300-0-75111800-1426418757_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know anything about the multi-cart that John Lester is playing with in this video?

It appears to be by Sean Kelly, but John says it's got 154 ROMs on it, and on the menu screen we see "The Ultimate Multi-Cart". John says he picked this up at the Vegas CGE (I assume the 2010 expo). This particular multi-cart is not listed among the multi-carts in NIAD's Collector List so I just want to know if this is a previously undocumented product, maybe a CGE exclusive, and/or if it's a Sean Kelly creation.

Hi man, Yes I did indeed pick this up at the CGE 2010 show. The game does have all 154 games on it, though to be honest lately I haven't been able to get any of them to load…which is a shame, because when it did work, it was pretty amazing! I'm not sure if it was a CGE exclusive, but he was also selling a multicart Vectrex cart too at the show, which I also picked up. ;)

• Like 1

Yep, there is no reason to buy one of these older Sean Kelly CV MultiCarts ever since Steve Tucker released his 128-in-1 USB and then Ultimate SD MultiCarts. The only reason left would be as a collectible if you didn't already buy one back when they were being made and the only MultiCart option.

As many are finding out, they were not built to stand the test of time... either that or just poor soldering.

Hi man, Yes I did indeed pick this up at the CGE 2010 show. The game does have all 154 games on it, though to be honest lately I haven't been able to get any of them to load…which is a shame, because when it did work, it was pretty amazing! I'm not sure if it was a CGE exclusive, but he was also selling a multicart Vectrex cart too at the show, which I also picked up. ;)

Very very interesting, and also interesting about the high failure rate of these carts. I am asking purely out of interest as I do have an Atarimax Ultimate SD which is my go-to cart for almost everything, but if I ever did come across one of these I'd likely pick it up, working or not. I'd bet the failures are due to sub-standard soldering.

Hey John,

You can send that multi-cart to me, I promise to get it working and send it right back :twisted:

• 5 years later...

Sorry about the necropost.

He made several different versions. Not sure if that is the actual "All-in-one". The "All-in-one" brought trouble from copyright holders and he had to put a disclaimer on the cart that said "not for sale or trade etc" I will post a photo if I can find one but I might have to dig it out (a lot of my old cart photos are used all over the internet now...).  There werent very many of them made. Atarimax is better for playing your games but the all-in-one is for serious collectors only, so much so that most have no idea.

p.s. actually that's my photo of my actual cart on this page lol: http://www.colecovision.dk/kelly.htm  Cant really read there but the disclaimer is the smaller text on the top of the label.

Edited by kelman66