IGNORED

Atrai Cassette drive belts available

Magic Knight

Hi All

Just a note to say that i have some various Cassette belts avialable for sale for the following Drives:

410 kit (all three play, rewind, FF)

1010 - Japan, Orange label type

1010 - Hong Kong Silver label type

XC12

All are new and were manufactured less than 2 years ago, so there will be no brittleness etc from age.

Ive got these listed on ebay, here http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sandimas666/m.html?item=121596841521&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Ive also designed a S-video board for the 7800, which details are found here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/236273-new-7800-s-video-board-available/

If anyone has any questions, please aks or pm me if preffered,

cheers

Richard

• Like 4

Update:

1050 Belts remain elusive as yet in Europe especially as its an uncommon spec with little other drives made with same belts.. As there are two types made in the History of the 1050's lifespan, this hasnt helped. I will keep my feelers out however.

MSX Bitcorder is even rarer...!

• 10 months later...

Hi All

Just a note to say that i have some various Cassette belts avialable for sale for the following Drives:

410 kit (all three play, rewind, FF)

1010 - Japan, Orange label type

1010 - Hong Kong Silver label type

XC12

All are new and were manufactured less than 2 years ago, so there will be no brittleness etc from age.

Ive got these listed on ebay, here http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sandimas666/m.html?item=121596841521&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Ive also designed a S-video board for the 7800, which details are found here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/236273-new-7800-s-video-board-available/

If anyone has any questions, please aks or pm me if preffered,

cheers

Richard

Hi Richard,

Just pulled my non-working 1010 drive apart and found a loose snapped belt in there which is just melting away.

Great to see you still have replacements listed as above. I have a HK unit but the belt looks like the JP one - it's only about 3mm wide, a lot narrower than the one in the HK picture on ebay, it is also about 245mm long

Can you confirm which belt is the correct one please?

Cheers

Aaron

Hi Richard,

Just pulled my non-working 1010 drive apart and found a loose snapped belt in there which is just melting away.

Great to see you still have replacements listed as above. I have a HK unit but the belt looks like the JP one - it's only about 3mm wide, a lot narrower than the one in the HK picture on ebay, it is also about 245mm long

Can you confirm which belt is the correct one please?

Cheers

Aaron

Hi

If the belt that's broke is 'square' then it's a JP belt. And your size also indicates this also.

Odd that it is a HK unit marked on the chassis (silver square in the tape area above the rollers too?), I'm guessing its up mechanism from Hk put in the plastic chassis at the factory because there was some available to use up or a homebrew transplant/mix up with units.

Richard

Hi

If the belt that's broke is 'square' then it's a JP belt. And your size also indicates this also.

Odd that it is a HK unit marked on the chassis (silver square in the tape area above the rollers too?), I'm guessing its up mechanism from Hk put in the plastic chassis at the factory because there was some available to use up or a homebrew transplant/mix up with units.

Richard

Thanks for the quick reply Richard,

The unit I have is original, from new, in original packaging so something weird happened in a factory somewhere!

Pictures attached for reference if it helps.

Cheers

Aaron

P.S. It's only now I spot the typo in the title of the thread :)

post-45047-0-03162000-1454704361_thumb.jpg

post-45047-0-21580100-1454704362_thumb.jpg

post-45047-0-45124600-1454704363_thumb.jpg

post-45047-0-89659300-1454705512_thumb.jpg

Edited by vfrvulcan

Thanks Aaron,

I'll get it sent out to you today,

Richard

Thanks Richard,

Strangely I only have one blank tape to try this out with :-)

I had a bunch of tapes years ago but can't find any of them so I'll settle for booting the 800, writing a simple proggy and doing a CSAVE/CLOAD to confirm it's still working.

Cheers

Aaron