IGNORED

The Jag Bar

btbfilms76

Well I'm throwing my hat into the ring… Here goes nothing. This is a sneak peek of what's to come on my new Web series dedicated to the Atari Jaguar. Should have the first episode up and running at the end of this week. Here we go folks!!

The first episode I introduce a guest to Kasumi Ninja for the first time.

• Like 11

Looks cool.

Hope you manage to keep the positive goggles on, since people talking trash about games they've played for 3 minutes is just so 2007!!

Hope you can coach new gamers beyond them saying the games is trash, since a game takes more than 3 minutes to get into. Often their bad first impression "reviews" has more to do with them selves sucking at the game, than what the game has to offer.

You seem to have the ambition to give the games more of a deep and objective kinda review, right? I hope so...

• Like 2

Looks cool.

Hope you manage to keep the positive goggles on, since people talking trash about games they've played for 3 minutes is just so 2007!!

Hope you can coach new gamers beyond them saying the games is trash, since a game takes more than 3 minutes to get into. Often their bad first impression "reviews" has more to do with them selves sucking at the game, than what the game has to offer.

You seem to have the ambition to give the games more of a deep and objective kinda review, right? I hope so...

Playing a lot of jag games for 3 minutes and then trashing them tends to show you have a fairly good understanding of the game to be fair.

Well lets be honest. There are some great games for the system, original stand out games. And there are some really bad ones - there are going to be some bad reviews and some great reviews.

The great games still stand up to the test of time, the bad ones however don't.

This is MY real collection, not a collection I got after the fact, NO, this was what I was spending my money on from the first job I had in High School, so spending 70… yes 70 bucks on a bad game was not cool.

The bad games out weigh the good ones and I have a feeling Im not the only one who got burned in the 90's, this is probably one of the factors of the failure of the system. Too much club drive not enough AVP… Nuff Said.

• Like 2

Well I'm throwing my hat into the ring… Here goes nothing. This is a sneak peek of what's to come on my new Web series dedicated to the Atari Jaguar. Should have the first episode up and running at the end of this week. Here we go folks!!

The first episode I introduce a guest to Kasumi Ninja for the first time.

This is how I imagine you look Sh3.... cool, calm and collected ;)

Nice idea! I'll be following. First thought was that this was a get together to play Jag down the local boozer.

This is how I imagine you look Sh3.... cool, calm and collected ;)

Nice idea! I'll be following. First thought was that this was a get together to play Jag down the local boozer.

Odd, I thought that was Linko. All it needed was a bike mounted to the wall behind him :P

• Like 3

Maybe the top titles and the crap titles together gets ALL the attention.

Lets make some room for all the games between top and crap, the actual gallery.

Those plenty mid-games needs more than 3 minutes to analyse. Make it happen!

Yeah that is the plan, Im gonna go through all my original games, the ones I actually purchased in the mid 90's - 26 give or take and then I will start collecting for the show the ones I don't have.

Maybe the top titles and the crap titles together gets ALL the attention.

Lets make some room for all the games between top and crap, the actual gallery.

Those plenty mid-games needs more than 3 minutes to analyse. Make it happen!

Yeah, we don't need another video where someone complains about Club Drive or how impossible it is to control your car in Checkered Flag. I like the Classic Game Room reviews of Jag games that he pointed out in the beginning, but it'll be interesting to see other peoples perspectives on the games. A pinball game shootout video would be fun too, or maybe back-to-back episodes if you're looking to get it a 1:1 ratio of videos to games.

• Like 1

All valid points, you're right we all know the flaws of some of the games but there are other games on the system that are real gems. The first episode will be done very soon, I have been involved in film for about 16 years and this is a very different beast. We shot for about 3 hours so that about 4 hours if you include the game play footage, so right now Im just managing my footage and cutting it all down to 15 min… easier said then done. It will be posted mid week but I will let you all know. Im shooting this thursday and introducing Tempest 2000 to my guest for the first time, can't wait to pump up that music.

• Like 3

I can't wait, and not that it matters, actually T2K is probably the best start to the series, but didn't you say Kasumi Ninja was to be the first? Any reason other than T2K being a better game, that you made the change?

I can't wait, and not that it matters, actually T2K is probably the best start to the series, but didn't you say Kasumi Ninja was to be the first? Any reason other than T2K being a better game, that you made the change?

I actually planed on AVP to be the first but scheduling changes forced me to turn things around. My guest for KN is a very talented character actor and all around fun guy so I though we could get some laughs out of KN. Thats a game that had every intent on being a great game but fell short. Its like your favorite bad cult movie, the filmmakers never intended it to be a bad film it just is and you love it for that fact. So I think T2K being next will balance the fun we poke at KN, and that might be the way I go sort of a good and bad path. I think I have more good games then stinkers, but I do have White Men Cant Jump…. So that should be a good one. Honestly this is my first time out so the first few episodes might be me working out the kinks, learn as I go.

That was good, I like the format with the wrap-up at the end. The only thing I would add is that it rubs me when people don't read a manual for a game and then complain about how they don't know how to do anything. That's not really a legitimate criticism...although with Kasumi Ninja even if you know what buttons to press it doesn't really help. I'm looking forward to the next episode.

That was good, I like the format with the wrap-up at the end. The only thing I would add is that it rubs me when people don't read a manual for a game and then complain about how they don't know how to do anything. That's not really a legitimate criticism...although with Kasumi Ninja even if you know what buttons to press it doesn't really help. I'm looking forward to the next episode.

I had the footage but cut it for time, but I was reading the manual to figure it out and this is what it said - "Press and hold the C button + joypad or buttons for special moves" "Note: There are many different moves to be discovered. Experiment!" Ha Ha, not much help there.

Cool concept. I watched the intro episode and will subscribe when I'm back on my laptop.

About to watch the kasumi ninja episode and I was reflecting on how every KN review ever contains some variation on this statement: "and there's even a Scottish guy who pics up his kilt and shoots flames out of his crotch!!" Hoping you were able to avoid that KN review trope ;)

Edit: Ha I knew you wouldn't be able to resist mentioning the flames. Nice classy format. Kasumi ninja always surprises me with its graphics. The Jag would've handled MK3 just fine. Control is not that bad, though not as tight as Ultra Vortek. I'd suggest brushing up on controls before your next review so we can see the best the game has to offer. Also, people new to the jag make poor reviewers generally (this controllers a brick...durp!) Though I understand that first impressions are fun. I like the idea of contrasting a first impression with someone who's been practicing up and can demonstrate the game is fun and playable.

Edited by travistouchdown

I liked the sophisticated style.

You guys seem to have lots of fun, playing this game, and that is a quality in itself. =)

Fun-good, fun-bad = a good time, a few laughs. A couple of drinks.

You got it, its all about having fun with my pals and having a few laughs along the way.