IGNORED

The Jag Bar

btbfilms76

Yeah this guy is great! We need to do a combo show, I'd love to have a few drinks with this guy!

Yeah, if you paid his ticket from Australia he'd probably come!

Nice to see you two get some digital dirt stains on you knuckles playing some mad super-X! I got the game recently, but haven't yet gotten the time to sit down and play it (my two kids are working in shift to stop me; maybe trying to save me). Thanks for a good episode.

• Like 1

Supercross 3D - you have been warned...

I thought this was going to be my least favorite episode. I really hated this game. It turned out to be my favorite.
I think your design assessment rang especially true: 1) It needs to be brown, 2) it needs to have dirt you can drive on, 3) it needs to have dirt you can’t drive on.
BTW - Uganda is now sponsored by Mountain Dew. It happened after the 'Battle for Migingo’ between Uganda and Kenya. You really nailed your Ugandan dirtbike history! Sucked in the 90s, but they're killin' it now!
/Schmüdde
  • Like 1

I thought this was going to be my least favorite episode. I really hated this game. It turned out to be my favorite.
I think your design assessment rang especially true: 1) It needs to be brown, 2) it needs to have dirt you can drive on, 3) it needs to have dirt you can’t drive on.
BTW - Uganda is now sponsored by Mountain Dew. It happened after the 'Battle for Migingo’ between Uganda and Kenya. You really nailed your Ugandan dirtbike history! Sucked in the 90s, but they're killin' it now!
/Schmüdde

Ha Ha!! Mountain Dew - thats perfect!! Off the top of my head how many other un finished games did the Jaguar pawn of to us, Supercross is one, and club drive is such a tech demo sold as a game its not even funny. Too many sloppy games turned me over to the PS1.

As bad as Motocross Championship on the 32X is, Supercross 3D looks much worse.

The thing is, I had hat one too! I got that first and it actually plays better, the frame rate is better and you can punch. I was thinking, hey Motocross wasn't that bad on the 32X Supercross must be awesome - it's in 3D and its 64 bits, not 32 BUT 64 so it must be better then Motocross… NOPE!!

• Like 1

The thing is, I had hat one too! I got that first and it actually plays better, the frame rate is better and you can punch. I was thinking, hey Motocross wasn't that bad on the 32X Supercross must be awesome - it's in 3D and its 64 bits, not 32 BUT 64 so it must be better then Motocross… NOPE!!

I've still got Motocross and all my 32X games...I have Supercross on the Jag but haven't played it yet. I'm not sure I want to, that frame rate is downright horrible. Motocross did cheat a bit by shrinking the actual play area, but I'd rather have a smaller play area with a respectable frame rate than full screen with 1/2 frame per second. My heart goes out to any kid who spent his allowance on that game at full price.

• Like 3

I've still got Motocross and all my 32X games...I have Supercross on the Jag but haven't played it yet. I'm not sure I want to, that frame rate is downright horrible. Motocross did cheat a bit by shrinking the actual play area, but I'd rather have a smaller play area with a respectable frame rate than full screen with 1/2 frame per second. My heart goes out to any kid who spent his allowance on that game at full price.

For what ever reason in my area the Jaguar games were very expensive. The shops that did stock Jag games prices them at around 70 bucks, some were regular price like maybe 50 but some were 70 and up… And I believe Supercross was a 70 dollar game, can you believe that?! And when you're spending your own money on shit like that, it gets old real quick.

For what ever reason in my area the Jaguar games were very expensive. The shops that did stock Jag games prices them at around 70 bucks, some were regular price like maybe 50 but some were 70 and up… And I believe Supercross was a 70 dollar game, can you believe that?! And when you're spending your own money on shit like that, it gets old real quick.

Cartridge are more expensive?

For a game like Flip out!, a small game with maybe shorter development, or a port with no new game development, both could be charged cheaper in the end. A game like Supercross that's an exclusive for the system, both needed to be developed and sold on a cartridge for a higher price, even though it's a crappy game (which is subjective, even though lots of us agree it sucks).

One of the virtues of CD games, next to being capable of storage more data, is cheaper to create compared to cartridges that includes hardware - chips and dots and deods (?) and all, maybe even strings of gold, I don't know. But more expensive it is.

Cartridge are more expensive?

For a game like Flip out!, a small game with maybe shorter development, or a port with no new game development, both could be charged cheaper in the end. A game like Supercross that's an exclusive for the system, both needed to be developed and sold on a cartridge for a higher price, even though it's a crappy game (which is subjective, even though lots of us agree it sucks).

One of the virtues of CD games, next to being capable of storage more data, is cheaper to create compared to cartridges that includes hardware - chips and dots and deods (?) and all, maybe even strings of gold, I don't know. But more expensive it is.

That all makes sense. I think back in the day 93-95 shops were jacking up the prices big time because the system was 64 bits and not Nintendo, or Sega - you want something new you got to pay the price… and I did. Remember these games I'm reviewing were my own, once I go through all of them the show will go out and get the games I don't have.

That all makes sense. I think back in the day 93-95 shops were jacking up the prices big time because the system was 64 bits and not Nintendo, or Sega - you want something new you got to pay the price… and I did. Remember these games I'm reviewing were my own, once I go through all of them the show will go out and get the games I don't have.

The N64 carts were expensive too, cost about $65 - 75 when new, where I lived. CD games were a little cheaper in general.

Awesome, to review the ones you got, and then start collecting new games. It's all about the experience. Maybe you'll go huntin' for post-Atari releases 1997 and forward, maybe hunt for the holy grail... Battlesphere, who knows. Then and there you might tell us a little about the actual hunt as well, ebay digging.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe Jag bar should go the Amsterdam coffee shop route, and see what happens...

Jokes aside, Ultra Vortek is a fun game with a fun humor to it that I like no matter if the controls are tight or not. Its a bit stiff, but it adds to the whole, retrospective. I like the few but characteristic characters and all the MK ripping is in my eyes a strong point of the game. Like to watch the similarities. And the secrets like extra speed, extra level and such is fun. The game make sense compared to the other fighters on the system.

Alos always like the mix of filmed graphics along with rendered graphics, it gives a B mood to it that I like.

It is totally true. Shrinking the screen was definitely worth for the 32X game. Motorcross was an enjoyable racer for the 32X. I wonder if it would be possible to hack Supercross -- to either reduce the resolution or cut the screen in half. The biggest problem that I personally had with Supercross was with the sluggish controls and awful frame rate. Running it at a lower resolution might actually fix what IMO was broken with that game.

For a moment I thought you might both complete Myst inside 15 minutes (if you see what I mean). And you pulled off keeping up my interest for those 15 minutes. Man that is one time consuming game. In the end I had to use the walkthru to complete it; or risk dying from old age. Maybe Jamie can return in a future episode to play Elansar and Philia!

• Like 1

For a moment I thought you might both complete Myst inside 15 minutes (if you see what I mean). And you pulled off keeping up my interest for those 15 minutes. Man that is one time consuming game. In the end I had to use the walkthru to complete it; or risk dying from old age. Maybe Jamie can return in a future episode to play Elansar and Philia!

Thanks so much, yeah its a slow slow game, I did my best to keep it moving. Just recently I edited the Flashback episode that will be aired on a later date and I ran into the problem that - One, it has no in game music, and two its slow and boring… So that episode is only 10 min, nothing good was coming out of that game, filming wise. One day of filming trying to show everything is not worth it for a 15 min episode. Its more about showing off the system to a new person with a few drinks in hand. Any time I have a beautiful woman stop by the Jag Bar is a good episode.

• Like 1

I could never get into Myst, I remember it being hugely popular but it never piqued my interest. A few months ago I had a female friend over and she saw my Jag Myst demo CD sitting out and she talked about how she loved that game. Clicking on a bunch of still pictures never did much for me.

I could never get into Myst, I remember it being hugely popular but it never piqued my interest. A few months ago I had a female friend over and she saw my Jag Myst demo CD sitting out and she talked about how she loved that game. Clicking on a bunch of still pictures never did much for me.

You're just not clicking on the right set of still pictures my friend... ;-)