IGNORED

The Jag Bar

btbfilms76

Am I the only one that enjoys Kasumi Ninja then?

Nope, I quite like it myself! :)

Wasn't as enamored with it when it was first released, but the game really grew on me. IMO, there have been a ton of mediocre fighters across all platforms that have come and gone since then. For me, this one lasts partly due to its personality and uniqueness, but once you get the hang of the controls, really not that bad of a game. Good visuals, music and sounds effects too. I think it's one of the better original Jag games, but know I'm in the minority on that one. haha

Kasumi Ninja is pretty terrible.. but in a good sort of way and has a sort of charm to it.. but maybe it's nostalgia too, since it was one the earlier games I bought for the system back in the mid 90's. Probably my favorite fighter on the Jag, and i'd play it ANY day over Fight for Life, Double Dragon V or Dragon. Ultra Vortek may be a better game technically, but I had more fun with Kasumi over the years.

Nope, I quite like it myself! :)

Wasn't as enamored with it when it was first released, but the game really grew on me. IMO, there have been a ton of mediocre fighters across all platforms that have come and gone since then. For me, this one lasts partly due to its personality and uniqueness, but once you get the hang of the controls, really not that bad of a game. Good visuals, music and sounds effects too. I think it's one of the better original Jag games, but know I'm in the minority on that one. haha

I do agree with the majority that UV is the best fighter on the Jag, but I feel the same as you toward Kasumi and also FFL and Bruce Lee. There was a learning curve, but I have no control or timing issues with any of these fighters and enjoy them all.

On the other hand I have never learned to control Primal Rage properly and DD5 sucks in every way.

Edited by Gunstar

I do agree with the majority that UV is the best fighter on the Jag, but I feel the same as you toward Kasumi and also FFL and Bruce Lee. There was a learning curve, but I have no control or timing issues with any of these fighters and enjoy them all.

On the other hand I have never learned to control Primal Rage properly and DD5 sucks in every way.

Kasumi Ninja is the only one I've played... Admittedly I guess ANYTHING is better when Checkered Flag is one of your alternatives... But to be fair I preferred playing KN over AVP for quite a while, so...
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You should join us in the high score club this week. We're playing with 8 credits, and are allowed to continue. You'll wipe the floor with us ?

Austin will probably put up a good fight though. He's terrifying at Raiden.

Anyway like the basement for a change of pace.

You should join us in the high score club this week. We're playing with 8 credits, and are allowed to continue. You'll wipe the floor with us

Austin will probably put up a good fight though. He's terrifying at Raiden.

Anyway like the basement for a change of pace.

Awesome!! how do I go about this? Ive never posted in the High Score Club, fill me in guys :)

Awesome!! how do I go about this? Ive never posted in the High Score Club, fill me in guys :)

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/245194-jaguar-hsc-revamped-season-8-round-4/?do=findComment&comment=3364117

You can join at any time, just play, snap a pic, then post in in the hsc thread with your score. Technically, you don't even need the pic, but we're a hateful, mistrustful lot -- as with most of the jag community. ;) I kid I kid ... But seriously, join the fun, and again, look out for Austin.

Now you tell me… I really would have loved if Jaguar made a ball top arcade stick - with rapid fire. Still to this day I use my Sega Genesis arcade stick and it works like a champ.

I used to have a MAAS arcade stick that was custom made for the Jag with a Jag controller attached I got it at a mom and pop game shop in ,IIRC, Westminster in SoCal back about '97. it didn't have rapid fire, but the real arcade buttons made it fantastic for playing Raiden and Zero5. I ended up selling it to JaySmith2000 a few years before JSII shut down. I wish I'd kept it now. but since '97 I studied electronics so I can make my own now and think I will, but first I have to get copies of both of those games again. Oh, I also mention this because it had a MAAS stick with a ball, It worked really well with the Jag's fighters too.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

I used to have a MAAS arcade stick that was custom made for the Jag with a Jag controller attached I got it at a mom and pop game shop in ,IIRC, Westminster in SoCal back about '97. it didn't have rapid fire, but the real arcade buttons made it fantastic for playing Raiden and Zero5. I ended up selling it to JaySmith2000 a few years before JSII shut down. I wish I'd kept it now. but since '97 I studied electronics so I can make my own now and think I will, but first I have to get copies of both of those games again. Oh, I also mention this because it had a MAAS stick with a ball, It worked really well with the Jag's fighters too.

Almost every console I owned I made sure I had an arcade stick - until analogue came into play. NES, TG-16, Genesis, and SNES, all had a great arcade stick. During the filming of the Jag Bar there have been way too many times now that I wished I was playing the games with an arcade style stick. It would be nice to get a custom stick and then revisit the games that needed Arcade controls, like I did with the rotary controller that Nick Persijn sent me.

• 2 weeks later...

Felt you could of maybe told him the secret of checked flag on the jaguar and that is you do the drivers angle far a way in the sky so you can see the car then Tap to the left or right Wich ever dire ton you need to go so to turn right it is Tap right tap right let the string wheel move back to the middle.

It is a wweird control game but is better when you figure that out...looks like your buddy kinda figured it out as he was not crashing as much as I did when I got the game back in the day...I bought it from electronic boutique which let you bing back any game in 7 days...I returned and got that caveman game.

The review was fair and my same thought how could the lynx game be translated this bad...just take the lynx game with a grafix overall and it should be good.

Also they made a good looking game why is the control so bad...their is zero strategy and empty pit stops.

• Like 1

Felt you could of maybe told him the secret of checked flag on the jaguar and that is you do the drivers angle far a way in the sky so you can see the car then Tap to the left or right Wich ever dire ton you need to go so to turn right it is Tap right tap right let the string wheel move back to the middle.

It is a wweird control game but is better when you figure that out...looks like your buddy kinda figured it out as he was not crashing as much as I did when I got the game back in the day...I bought it from electronic boutique which let you bing back any game in 7 days...I returned and got that caveman game.

The review was fair and my same thought how could the lynx game be translated this bad...just take the lynx game with a grafix overall and it should be good.

Also they made a good looking game why is the control so bad...their is zero strategy and empty pit stops.

Oh man I had no idea there was a secret was to drive. Ill have to try that.