IGNORED

The Jag Bar

btbfilms76

Came to say how much I enjoy the show, binge watched all of them the last few days. :D Decided to take your advice about getting Jag games asap, even though I don't have a console they are getting rarer all the time. Bought Ruiner Pinball for $10 from a local game store to start, they got 8 titles left so a pretty small supply and all loose carts.

Thats the way to do it. If you see them gobble them up fast. I've got one spot left that deals with any Atari related stuff, they are not even keeping the 2600 carts around any more, its all about nintendo and Sega in most of the shops, you'll see TG-16 spike up soon, it already is.

Life is good Atlantis, Im having too much fun on the show. Ok so why Jaguar? Well it was right out of high school, and I had my first job. Still living at home and had money to spend. I bought all in with the Jaguar, I really believed that this legend of video games Atari was getting a second run on life. All the games you have seen me play are mine, I got them in the mid 90's and held on to them. I did the show because I felt like there wasn't a lot of information out there regarding the system - if there was, it was all tired trash talking. I wanted to do something different.

Awesome that you have your original games. = ) I was always trading things out along the way. I am happy to have a couple carts that originally belonged to one of my best friends though.

Awesome that you have your original games. = ) I was always trading things out along the way. I am happy to have a couple carts that originally belonged to one of my best friends though.

When the PS1 came out it was game over. Atari went belly up and 3D was on the way with SONY. I took all my Jaguar stuff and boxed it up. About two years ago I dug it all back out and it was in mint condition, thats when I had the idea to do a show.

• Like 3

Thats the way to do it. If you see them gobble them up fast. I've got one spot left that deals with any Atari related stuff, they are not even keeping the 2600 carts around any more, its all about nintendo and Sega in most of the shops, you'll see TG-16 spike up soon, it already is.

Here in NYC a store was selling Cannon Fodder, a relatively common game, for $20. It was a game I've wanted since the 90s, so it was cool to walk out with a "new," and personally desired, Jaguar game.

Just caught up to all the shows, nice work :)

Really enjoyed a lot of them, but my favourite three would have to be:

:arrow: Behind the scenes Dragon's Lair & Space Ace - just wish there was some talk on the other game on the Jag CD: Braindead 13, but not sure if he was involved with that one as well)

:arrow: Brutal Sports Football - so looking forward to playing this with mates on the next 'Boyz Night' ; )

:arrow: White Men Can't Jump - along with Brutal Sports vid, I found it to be the most enjoyable to watch with the 'co-stars' :) Really enjoyed the Bros vs Bros 4P action, and while you have already covered (a 2P) NBA Jam TE, i think it would be great to do a 'Bros vs Bros Re-Match on a 4P Team Tap NBA Jam T.E. :cool:

And as for the last vid, i love and collect the Jag-Ware catalog items! So far i have 8 out of the 18 merch collectibles. Been a loooong road to get those, but have to say, the Jaguar Magic Eyes Mug is super sweet and highly recommended! They tend to sell for drug money on the eBays nowadays, but i was lucky to get a couple from Pete over at Go Atari (WOW! Remember that?!) back in the early 2000's. I remember having to order them in separate purchase orders as there was a limit of 1 per customer/order. Aaah, good times...

• Like 1

And as for the last vid, i love and collect the Jag-Ware catalog items! So far i have 8 out of the 18 merch collectibles. Been a loooong road to get those, but have to say, the Jaguar Magic Eyes Mug is super sweet and highly recommended! They tend to sell for drug money on the eBays nowadays, but i was lucky to get a couple from Pete over at Go Atari (WOW! Remember that?!) back in the early 2000's. I remember having to order them in separate purchase orders as there was a limit of 1 per customer/order. Aaah, good times...

That Jaguar jean jacket would be awesome hehe

• Like 1

:arrow: Brutal Sports Football - so looking forward to playing this with mates on the next 'Boyz Night' ; )

Yes! Literally last night, I held a 10-person single elimination Brutal Sports Football tournament at my house. I was the defacto champion because of my years playing Jaguar, but the better players got a few rounds in before ascending to the top of the bracket.

It was close, but I still won. Had a total blast. People were really curious about some of the new games like Another World.

/Schmüdde

Edited by Schmudde
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice ep. I actually prefer Cyber over Battle. Don't know why, I think it just seems a bit less immediate, more relaxing than Battlemorph. Congrats on not commenting on how annoying or wonderful Skylar is; which is the usual stance in Cybermorph reviews. I also like that you appear to be shooting a tree. I hope you cleaned your teeth after all that sugar. Looking forward to your next review of Rebooteroids, right? ;)

• Like 1

Nice ep. I actually prefer Cyber over Battle. Don't know why, I think it just seems a bit less immediate, more relaxing than Battlemorph. Congrats on not commenting on how annoying or wonderful Skylar is; which is the usual stance in Cybermorph reviews. I also like that you appear to be shooting a tree. I hope you cleaned your teeth after all that sugar. Looking forward to your next review of Rebooteroids, right? ;)Yes

Yes Im trying to bring something new to the table regarding reviews and videos. We've all seen the same review and comments from 10 years ago and it hasn't changed. And yes, not a big fan of trees... No I don't clean my teeth and whats this Rebooteroids you speak of? ;)

• Like 1

Good stuff. I would agree that it gets crapped on more than it deserves. It's certainly not a classic that a kid today could pick up and be amazed by, but certainly for fans of retro gaming it's very playable.

Im just wondering If the people that are making the comments have actually played it for longer then 5 min?

• Like 1

Great new episode, and definitely the most balanced look at Cybermorph I've seen on YouTube. Even though I don't own a Jaguar yet (and believe me, every episode of the Jag Bar reminds me of why I need to save up for one) I was an early adopter of the PlayStation when it first came out, so I have a lot of fondness for early 3D polygonal games.

The graphics were chunky, the draw distances were short and things popped in out of nowhere, but man was it ever amazing just having truly three dimensional words to explore and interact with. Assault Rigs is one of those early 3D PlayStation games that I loved back in the day, and in many ways Cybermorph reminds me a lot of it; only with a flying ship instead of a tank. Modes of transportation aside, the premise is still the same: Give the player a 3D world to explore with eye popping polygonal graphics and let them shoot some stuff while they explore, and I always thought that was a pretty enjoyable basis for a game. I'll be sure to get my hands on a copy of Cybermorph (with a gray button controller) when a Jag eventually finds it's way into my home. :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi btb! I'm new to the forums but i started watching some of your content ~two years ago and it gave me the impulse to buy a Jaguar once again last year.

I'm having a blast...

I sold my first one back then for i don't even know wat other machine... :( . The only console i really regretted selling and i had a lot.

As a Doom/Wolfenstein fan and having discovered them on the sexy beast make these versions special. I love as much if not more than their pc counterparts:

Doom's higher color depth make it look better than the dos version to me, even with half the pixels and it's creepier without music.

Wolfenstein's gun sounds, the music's tone along with the mac sprites and textures... it just feels perfect even if a bit Grosse(bad pun).

Anyway, the mood of your show is great and the theme/jingle is catchy as hell. I have to catch up and watch the rest but i want to make it last. It's relaxing to watch.

Oh and you your Tempest 2000 episode came back in my mind each time i passed by Tempest 2000. I bought it :P I mean either way i couldn't make a new jag library without this game and its haunting music... It arrives in a week along with syndicate...

Edited by DoTheMath
  • Like 1

So are you planning to do a live episode for Baldies? It is probably my favorite Jaguar CD game and I hope you can come up with a way to make an interesting episode.

If I was in your neck of the woods I would offer my services for that episode, maybe a level 79 tutorial, but alas I am nowhere near you.

Maybe you could do one level from each world or max out one level and show all the neat inventions and buildings.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just caught up to all the shows, nice work :)

Really enjoyed a lot of them, but my favourite three would have to be:

:arrow: Behind the scenes Dragon's Lair & Space Ace - just wish there was some talk on the other game on the Jag CD: Braindead 13, but not sure if he was involved with that one as well)

:arrow: White Men Can't Jump - along with Brutal Sports vid, I found it to be the most enjoyable to watch with the 'co-stars' :) Really enjoyed the Bros vs Bros 4P action, and while you have already covered (a 2P) NBA Jam TE, i think it would be great to do a 'Bros vs Bros Re-Match on a 4P Team Tap NBA Jam T.E. :cool:

Thanks so much!

So yeah Skip was only involved with the two Bluth games, I will cover BD13 in an episode.

And the brothers are slated for NBA TE rematch, don't you worry about that!

Thanks for checking out the show, we're having a blast making them.