IGNORED

The Jag Bar

btbfilms76

Yeah we have a lot of fun, I love it too because when we go to the arcade he of course plays the flashy newer games for a while but we always gravitate to the older games and spend more time on Centipede and the other classics. To me its crazy to hear people claim the are "Gamers" when all they ever play is COD or Halo - you are NOT a gamer if you are only playing 2 or 3 of the same type game. Gamers respect the past and play all kinds of games from all kinds of platforms, what you just saw in that video is a little gamer loving a 20yr old game, playing it like it came out yesterday. Funny story - I found him last weekend in the bargain bin at best buy, just like his dad.

That's awesome. I had someone ask me last week if I'm a gamer. I said "not really" because I know these days "gamer" means FPS fan. And that's not me.

• Like 1

That was a good one. Made me miss my nephew.

You have quite a studio there in your own apartment. You are switching between game view and the view of you two at will it seems. Very impressive.

Thanks man! Not impressive at all, but thank you. In this project I'm trying to find the balance of ease and fun - not trying to make it too complicated. You can see from my other films on my youtube page things get a little complicated so for me this is a perfect balance of shining some light on my old Jaguar and having a good time. Thanks so much for tuning in.

• Like 1

You can see from my other films on my youtube page things get a little complicated so for me this is a perfect balance of shining some light on my old Jaguar and having a good time. Thanks so much for tuning in.

I appreciate this balance. It's especially refreshing to see someone that grew up with the Jaguar, but isn't bat-*@ crazy about it like some are here. You can see it for what it is.

• Like 1

I appreciate this balance. It's especially refreshing to see someone that grew up with the Jaguar, but isn't bat-*@ crazy about it like some are here. You can see it for what it is.

Thanks Austin. I guess you're always gonna have fan boys on every system / phone / computer or what ever you think is important. It's been fun dusting off the old system and sharing it with others who have never held a Jaguar controller in their hands.

I'm a fan of all these episodes so far, but I truly am jealous of your flamingo-lined Jag bar. Sitting on the edge of my bed sipping whiskey and coke suddenly doesn't cut it. What's your drink of choice when score-busting in the Jar bar?

Anyhoo great work and I'm always waiting for the next installment.

I don't want to upset you, but I've been here for a little while and haven't seen any bat-#%% crazy fanatics, more just people discussing the whereabouts of Atari and especially Jaguar that they prefer, games and/or tech. Maybe I gotta roam the other sections of this forum a little bit more. And isn't this the case at all niched forums.

Am I fanatic? Just want to know what level the fever is at. =)

I'm a fan of all these episodes so far, but I truly am jealous of your flamingo-lined Jag bar. Sitting on the edge of my bed sipping whiskey and coke suddenly doesn't cut it. What's your drink of choice when score-busting in the Jar bar?

Anyhoo great work and I'm always waiting for the next installment.

Thanks so much! I'll drink anything, I usualy ask the guest what they like to drink then we go from there. I guess it depends on what mood Im in but beer and tequila are my go too drinks, followed by whisky… but never together lol.

Edited by btbfilms76

I do not recall ever hearing about people getting motion sickness from playing Atari Karts. I wonder how many people are affected like that. On the castle level your daughter almost got knocked into the shortcut by the computer. That would have been pretty cool to find the shortcut thanks to an opponent.

• Like 1

I do not recall ever hearing about people getting motion sickness from playing Atari Karts. I wonder how many people are affected like that. On the castle level your daughter almost got knocked into the shortcut by the computer. That would have been pretty cool to find the shortcut thanks to an opponent.

Never had that problem before, however, back then I was playing on a 25in CRT screen. We are now playing the jag on a 60 in plasma… could that be the reason? I remember back in the day Wolfenstein was a little hard on the eyes too, but I think it was because of the primitive 3D effects - I have no problem with Doom or AVP. Also the night before I stayed up really late and drank the night away so maybe I had a slight hang over… Who knows.

Nice episode, its cool that you play older retro consoles and their games with your kid and that they enjoy and have fun with it, even though its prolly twice as old as they are - as opposed to just new fantastic graphics games on Playstation 3 or 4/Xbox 360/One or PC/Phones. There is a steeper learning curve it seems on many Atari games, and controls are not always optimal and easy/intuitive to get a handle on, she'd likely have a different initial play response to Mario Cart 64 (N64). :)

• Like 1

Nice episode, its cool that you play older retro consoles and their games with your kid and that they enjoy and have fun with it, even though its prolly twice as old as they are - as opposed to just new fantastic graphics games on Playstation 3 or 4/Xbox 360/One or PC/Phones. There is a steeper learning curve it seems on many Atari games, and controls are not always optimal and easy/intuitive to get a handle on, she'd likely have a different initial play response to Mario Cart 64 (N64). :)

Yeah they have an appreciation for all kinds of games. Sure they play the Wiiu and mincraft on the ps3 but good game play is good game play, they have no problem playing atari 2600 games as long as they are fun and good. I think for the most part it seams like these games needed more time getting polished before they were shipped to the store. They all seam like good games but they have these game breaking moments they could have easily been fixed with more time.

I used to get motion sickness from early 3D games on my PSX in college that I played on a 14" Commodore monitor. Alien Trilogy and Descent were the 2 worst offenders from what I recall.

Another great video! I still haven't played Atari Karts, it is one of those games that seems to be a mixed bag. Your daughter's disappointment in not being able to shoot opponents was pretty amusing too.

• Like 1

I used to get motion sickness from early 3D games on my PSX in college that I played on a 14" Commodore monitor. Alien Trilogy and Descent were the 2 worst offenders from what I recall.

Another great video! I still haven't played Atari Karts, it is one of those games that seems to be a mixed bag. Your daughter's disappointment in not being able to shoot opponents was pretty amusing too.

Im hoping to not get too messed up during Wolfenstein 3D. We'll see how that one goes, maybe I just need to drink more during the episode… Maybe not.

LOL Wolfenstein is crazy fast if you use the run button. Great game though. I would recommend to walk and not run and use the easiest setting...

Your son seemed to like Rayman, what about your daughter? The game is kinda tough though, but seems a game that a girl would like. Kind of like Mario Bros. etc.

You had some interesting funny friends on your show too.

I guess the wife / significant other might make an appearance too? heh.

Some Jag games I think your kids would like are Pinball Fantasies, Jag Mania homebrew (its Pac-Man), Superfly DX, Downfall, and Raiden. :) most Jag games are real mans games. tough as nails and dark. heh. Even Atari Karts is tough with dark overtones... That sad music between races though, lol.. depressing.

• Like 1