IGNORED

WARNING: Reimaged XF551 board write/format error

Dropcheck

Okay.....

I have found an fatal error in the reimaged XF551 boards I had for sale on my website. This error in most cases will not allow the board to write or format to the floppy disk. I believe it affects both the modern and original versions of the board.

I do have a fix, but it may require a return of the board to me for repair. Any new boards sold will have the correction already applied.

Please all those who have purchased a board from me contact me via IM and tell me the name used on the order so I can get this error fixed ASAP.

I am sorry. :_(

I have the reimagined board in my XF551, with a 3.5 floppy drive mechanism and the XF HyperROM.

It has been formatting and writing just fine.

Do I still need a replacement?

You maybe the exception. Or it might not be as fatal as I thought. Is yours the modern and original board?

I had not time yet to test it. I have to find time (can i buy that in your store too?)

Please let me know what you know?

Is there a chance this will be a DIY fix if things are more clear?

You would have to test the board to see if you are affected. It seems that some boards are not.

The fix is not hard if you have good soldering skills. It is the replacement of a single part.

Please try to take time and test to see if your board has this fault. You should be able to read and format and write with the board normally. If not then PM me and we will work out something.