IGNORED

Treasure Island Dizzy

CyranoJ

Is this file able to be made into a Jiffi Cd? I just tried burning it with Jiffi and I get the ULS screen then just black after that. I let it sit for several minutes with no change and tried reloading twice. All your other .abs files have worked as jiffi CD's.

Wait a minute, Gunstar.

You mean that many of those ABS homebrew and conversions can be burnt on a CD with no or little hassle???

May you please elaborate? Until now I only burnt CDi disks found on -as example- Reboot website.

You can make your own CDi files from ABS/BJL/COFF/whatever files with JiFFI: http://reboot.atari.org/new-reboot/jiffi.html

It converts between formats, one of those being ULS CDi images.

This ST game is one of the few binaries it fails to work with, however.

Edited by sh3-rg

Hehe, I choose the wrong thread, then!

However, I never thought about this jiffi stuff, since I always found those fine CDi formatted images, both unencrypted and bypass-cart based.

I am not sure I have all the homebrews, though, but surely I'd like to spin a couple of ST oldies.

One of these days I'll put some order in my Jag stuff, I have some earlier CDis and the the final versions, and also some printed ones... I need to get rid of the old/useless stuff and better store the useful discs.

Thnks, Sh3-rg!

Hehe, I choose the wrong thread, then!

However, I never thought about this jiffi stuff, since I always found those fine CDi formatted images, both unencrypted and bypass-cart based.

I am not sure I have all the homebrews, though, but surely I'd like to spin a couple of ST oldies.

One of these days I'll put some order in my Jag stuff, I have some earlier CDis and the the final versions, and also some printed ones... I need to get rid of the old/useless stuff and better store the useful discs.

Thnks, Sh3-rg!

No problem. there's a lot of CDi's here and CJ keeps his ST redirections catalogued here.

You might need a new spindle of CD-Rs :lolblue:

If you have anything that isn't found in the above links, be sure to let others know, there must be quite a few things out there that many of us are missing. And you know, like Pokémon, gotta catch 'em all!

Edited by sh3-rg

No problem. there's a lot of CDi's here and CJ keeps his ST redirections catalogued here.

You might need a new spindle of CD-Rs :lolblue:

If you have anything that isn't found in the above links, be sure to let others know, there must be quite a few things out there that many of us are missing. And you know, like Pokémon, gotta catch 'em all!

Hey, was just checking the lists to make sure I have everything and i noticed you have Barbarian labeled as having FULL audio. So, the version i burned to CDR has sound effects, but no music and no sounds or music at the title screen. Is this the full audio version or did i download an early version that had only SFX?

Hey, was just checking the lists to make sure I have everything and i noticed you have Barbarian labeled as having FULL audio. So, the version i burned to CDR has sound effects, but no music and no sounds or music at the title screen. Is this the full audio version or did i download an early version that had only SFX?

+1 for the "thank you" note.

Unless I missed it, you should set up a paypal something for donations a la fjc.

I wouldn't mind reward the kindness with a beer or whatever a small donation would let you purchase.

No thanks, I'm not in it for monetary gain.... however if someone has a spare Lamborghini.... or a pro pad that would be handy. ☺

• Like 1

I know it has nothing to do with monetary gain, but sometimes I feel like good work needs to be rewarded with a beer or something.

(you know something about "putting the money where your mouth is")

Unfortunately I do not own either a Lamborghini or a Pro Pad, and not sure I'll ever have the choice of owning either.

Regarding the Pro Pad my best so far is this:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/226911-how-hard-is-it-to-mod-a-jag-ctrl-into-a-pro/?do=findComment&comment=3026055

(I resolved the shoulder buttons since but that's pretty much it)

Is this file able to be made into a Jiffi Cd? I just tried burning it with Jiffi and I get the ULS screen then just black after that. I let it sit for several minutes with no change and tried reloading twice. All your other .abs files have worked as jiffi CD's.

I have not burned thi sport on CD as for drawing some deco I tried to play it with VJ (to get some screenshots) and got the same black screen.

Not working with VJ doesn't means necessarely the game will crash on CD but I prefer to ask before to burn it and get the same black screen ???

Did anyone successfully burned the file on CD-R?

Cyrano: are you testing your ports on CD-R (as I know how deep is your love for the Jag CD :D ) ??

Edited by Felyx

I know some people think sh3 is everyone, but he really isn't me ;)

Sorry about that, after MacRorie's post I went back to see, and noticed it was him and not you. And thanks MacRorie for speaking up, and quoting my post otherwise i may not have come back to this thread to find out it does work. I guess it was just a random bad burn on my part. Though it is the first .abs ST game file I had any problem with creating a working CDr. :thumbsup:

OK, I stand to be corrected on this it seems...

/shruggieshrug

I don't know.MacRorie says his is working, unless he's talking about Barbarian and was confused since that game was interjected. But I've burned the game twice now with no success. ULS screen then just black forever, and the disc stops spinning. All other .abs files have worked fine and I'm using the identical process in burning as I have for 50 other Jaguar CD's on Discjuggler, exactly as Jiffi tells you to burn them (settings on discjuggler) as soon as it make the ULS boot CDi. I'm done with it until I get another skunkboard an can use the rom images.

It's possible that my CDR drive is to blame, since my current one won't burn any slower that 12x speed. I always have gotten the best results setting burn speed at 2x on my old CDR drive. But so far most everything has worked burned at 12x, with the exception of some glitching in Cinepak FMV discs I burned, or maybe taking two or three tries before the ULS Cd's load (unless i use Jagtopia burned at 2x to load the troublesome ULS discs, then they load the first time).

Edited by Gunstar