IGNORED

JHL 15 : Release

Fredifredo

Hi everybody !

"JHL 15" the unofficial hack of the unofficial Brett Hull Hockey is released now :)

Don't forget what is it ! Enjoy !

! No "JHL 16" scheduled !

I start working on something different but for jaguar too :)

In few days I will release all the "sources" ( graphs, file for the editor, stats maker ) , so you can change some ugly graphs I made ;)

Many thanks to ggn who help me and was here when I was too tired and I wanted to stop the dev .

ps : In memory of 2 members of the "Jag fans team" left us few time ago ...

jhl15.rom

Edited by Fredifredo
  • Like 13

depending on demand and if FF is ok with it, I'm sure something could be done ;)

It's not like others haven't already put out versions of BHH, so seems fair enough. FF has put a ton of effort in here, GGN's tool didn't write itself, it'd hardly be some kind of grab/gouge. I'd say go for it, if there's demand - meet it.

Edited by sh3-rg
  • Like 2

Okay, I'll speak my own opinion but I think it matches Fredi's too (if this isn't the case, feel free to correct me Fred!).

A ridiculous amount of time was spent for the creation of JHL13 and 15: When I took up the challenge to build an editor to automate editing a bit, Fredi had already found a ton of info on his own: Team names, team player names, stats.... a ton of stuff. Which he was hex editing by hand and the flashing to the skunkboard for testing (remember, emulators can't handle BHH to a point which can be trusted). It's possible his Skunk's first bank is blown up from all these cycles of flashing for tests! So, every time you boot the game, please hold a moment of silence for the first bank of Fredi's Skunkboard, which died for the cause ;). And he's not delusional either - he knows that there are, what, 5, 6 hockey fans in the world that own a Jaguar? This one's for you guys!

So in summation, this binary is one man's devotion to it for a few years :).

I hope we can package up and release the editor soon (tomorrow?) as well as the roster files Fredi used to create JHL, so you can all tinker and have a laugh and break stuff - the choice is yours! (although I don't think anyone will).

Re: physical release. Personally I'm not bothered if anyone does it, I think Fredi isn't either. If/when anyone makes a run, it'd really make our day if we could get a copy though - not necessary but it'd be nice!

In any case, download, share and enjoy!

• Like 8

Okay, I'll speak my own opinion but I think it matches Fredi's too (if this isn't the case, feel free to correct me Fred!).

A ridiculous amount of time was spent for the creation of JHL13 and 15: When I took up the challenge to build an editor to automate editing a bit, Fredi had already found a ton of info on his own: Team names, team player names, stats.... a ton of stuff. Which he was hex editing by hand and the flashing to the skunkboard for testing (remember, emulators can't handle BHH to a point which can be trusted). It's possible his Skunk's first bank is blown up from all these cycles of flashing for tests! So, every time you boot the game, please hold a moment of silence for the first bank of Fredi's Skunkboard, which died for the cause ;). And he's not delusional either - he knows that there are, what, 5, 6 hockey fans in the world that own a Jaguar? This one's for you guys!

So in summation, this binary is one man's devotion to it for a few years :).

I hope we can package up and release the editor soon (tomorrow?) as well as the roster files Fredi used to create JHL, so you can all tinker and have a laugh and break stuff - the choice is yours! (although I don't think anyone will).

Re: physical release. Personally I'm not bothered if anyone does it, I think Fredi isn't either. If/when anyone makes a run, it'd really make our day if we could get a copy though - not necessary but it'd be nice!

In any case, download, share and enjoy!

Thank you ggn :) Ok with all ...

Don't forget the rosters will be obselete june 26, 2015 ...

I thought someone can change some graphs if anyone wants a physical release...

• Like 1

Thank you ggn :) Ok with all ...

Don't forget the rosters will be obselete june 26, 2015 ...

I thought someone can change some graphs if anyone wants a physical release...

Isn't it just best to call it done and go from there, don't hang around for JHL16 :lolblue:

But there you go, nobody involved in JHL15 opposes a release - so it's over to you Jag fans - pester Gaztee and OMF and whoever and make it happen if you really want it!

• Like 1

Isn't it just best to call it done and go from there, don't hang around for JHL16 :lolblue:

But there you go, nobody involved in JHL15 opposes a release - so it's over to you Jag fans - pester Gaztee and OMF and whoever and make it happen if you really want it!

PMs will soon be sent, I would love to see this as a physical release!

Cheers sh3! Guess I'd better start a thread then ;)
  • Like 1

it seems a physical release is started so if you play it before and you find a "no bhh" bug ( rosters error ; jersey strange colors ; etc. ) a patch can be done !!!

ps : bhh bugs well known : penalty 10 mins misconduct crash ; switch power play and Pen Kill teams

• Like 1

does this save anything to eeprom?

if a physical release is to happen then this needs to be taken into consideration into manufacturing the boards

Might be best to build one with an EEPROM, play it and dump the contents of EEPROM at various points to see if any magic happens. It's not like GGN or FF made the game, they made a tool and a ton of assets to modify what's already there, so... over to you!

Edited by sh3-rg

BHH has power eeprom use ! ( so JHL too ;) )

you can save a lot of things !

- last game : teams you choose

- Players lines ( 3 slots )

- Season ( 3 slots )

- I forget the others...

ok, sounds rather a lot to cram into 128 bytes though