IGNORED

JHL 15 : Release

Fredifredo

A bit about the A.I. of the game :

After hours of tests ( around 145 updates since december + all the tests of JHL13 )

You have to know some things :

- When you look a game "computer vs computer" the AI is not the same when you are playing...

- Your goalie abilities is not very important ( a goalie with 99 everywhere is as bad as a goalie with 40 everywhere )

- When you score a goal the AI pushs the computer team in "god mode" and your goalie is "sleeping" in the net > you can activate your angry mode... ;)

- A.I. other strange thing : Why this stupid bastard of center of the "check" line can score so many goals with "shoot" ability near to 40 ?

- Computer can check without penalty ... not you ... from x3 to x10 checks without penalty... angry mode 2 ...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

There was a limited physical release that was sold out. Released near the end of July. They moved on to Alice's Mom's Rescue after that, which may also be sold out now (at least the cartridge version, I think the CD version of AMR can still be purchased). But If you want the hockey game, JHL 15 is a hack of the original Brett Hull Hockey which can still be purchased through B&C Computervisions, but with the teams and players from the '94/'95 hockey season, and without a box or manual (the manual can be downloaded in PDF form though).

Other than that, BHH and JHL 13 and 15 rom images can be downloaded for use with the Skunkboard or emulator.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Playing JHL15 is too hard... Scoring is difficult ... no real fun ?!

Mea Culpa : I tested it on a PAL jaguar, the game is 20% slower and my solution to have better speed was to increase the speed of all the players ...

The game became an hockey simulator without fun and strong difficulty specially on NTSC Jaguar.

I said JHL16 will never be made but a beta of beta JHL of beta BHH could be done next year : JHL17beta . With more fun to score and win :)

Playing JHL15 is too hard... Scoring is difficult ... no real fun ?!

Mea Culpa : I tested it on a PAL jaguar, the game is 20% slower and my solution to have better speed was to increase the speed of all the players ...

The game became an hockey simulator without fun and strong difficulty specially on NTSC Jaguar.

I said JHL16 will never be made but a beta of beta JHL of beta BHH could be done next year : JHL17beta . With more fun to score and win :)

Just re-code the game in rb+, I bet it'll be more fun ;)

• Like 3

• 11 months later...

I answer to myself : I worked on JHL 17 last 2 days... changing some speed rating and rosters ... If someone want to help me ?

GGN : Just re-code the game in rb+, I bet it'll be more fun ;)

I work on it at the begin of the year but I'm really a poor coder :/

Waiting more help... No good news , so I stoped it :/

Jaguar World of Hockey is an other project store on my hard drive ...

May be a PC version could be dev to find more people to help me ...?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi everybody !

"JHL 15" the unofficial hack of the unofficial Brett Hull Hockey is released now :)

Don't forget what is it ! Enjoy !

! No "JHL 16" scheduled !

I start working on something different but for jaguar too :)

In few days I will release all the "sources" ( graphs, file for the editor, stats maker ) , so you can change some ugly graphs I made ;)

Many thanks to ggn who help me and was here when I was too tired and I wanted to stop the dev .

ps : In memory of 2 members of the "Jag fans team" left us few time ago ...

hey fredifredo,what happend to your plans to release the sources? :(

• 2 years later...