IGNORED

Colecovision Homebrew Project Tracker Thread

TPR

I added it. Since it's not a boxed game (or will it be one?) and since there is already a ROM released, I put it as "Beta Development" since it seems like you're still tweaking it. Either way, it's there now and people can find the information about it!

Something tell me it's going to be available complete in box ;)

• Like 1

I added it. Since it's not a boxed game (or will it be one?) and since there is already a ROM released, I put it as "Beta Development" since it seems like you're still tweaking it. Either way, it's there now and people can find the information about it!

I'd say alpha, there's still features missing. :) But it'll be beta eventually, so no need to update it! Thanks!

• Like 1

I can confirm Sasa and jump land is running need a bit more testing. Starcommand runs but need a bit more work....

Is there a page where I can link to those projects and I'll add them to the tracker thread.

What about Monster Bash? There hasn't been an update in quite some time, but the game development had received a big following. Wish RKGames would make an appearance!

I put it under "vaporware" since it's been nearly 2 years since the last update, but at least it's in there!

• Like 1

What about Monster Bash? There hasn't been an update in quite some time, but the game development had received a big following. Wish RKGames would make an appearance!

Russ and I are working on another game at this moment

I put it under "vaporware" since it's been nearly 2 years since the last update, but at least it's in there!

Project is not dead , it's just on hold

• Like 2

Great to hear! When it gets back to regular development, I'll put it up with the others. Looking forward to what you guys have in store!

Yes, Monster Bash should not be considered "vaporware" since J-F is a) A well-known publisher who delivers and b) he is in contact with RKGames. "Vaporware" is reserved for projects that have no leads, no contact people in touch, or whose owners have declared abandonment of a project.

Edited by phattyboombatty
  • Like 2

Yes, Monster Bash should not be considered "vaporware" since J-F is a) A well-known publisher who delivers and b) he is in contact with RKGames. "Vaporware" is reserved for projects that have no leads, no contact people in touch, or whose owners have declared abandonment of a project.

Yes, we're definitely going to release it , as well as Rip Cord

Right now, we're both working on our Curse of the Mayans game

Here's the artwork in case someone is interested to see it

post-11933-0-23459200-1438629418_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

While I don't really disagree with you, I set up the project tracker thread to keep track mainly of projects that are in currently active development and on their way to getting released. If it's just a matter of semantics, I can change "vaporware" to "inactive projects" but really that's all it means. And then as soon as a project goes active again, it can to back with the others.

• Like 1

I would actually leave it as vaporware if I were you. If a homebrewer doesn't like seeing the term associated to his game, he should just finish it and release it. :P

After a couple of years of inactivity, a game is vaporware until proven otherwise. :twisted:

EDIT: So yeah, DKA is vaporware in my book... ;)

• Like 1

I would actually leave it as vaporware if I were you. If a homebrewer doesn't like seeing the term associated to his game, he should just finish it and release it. :PAfter a couple of years of inactivity, a game is vaporware until proven otherwise. :twisted:EDIT: So yeah, DKA is vaporware in my book... ;)

I don't really mind if Monster Bash and Rip Cord stay as Vapoware

But keep in mind that BOTH games are almost all completed

And they will get release as soon as we can resume works on these

Oh and BTW: We're also planning to release Sydney Hunter & The Curse of the Mayans for the ColecoVision as well ;)

I would actually leave it as vaporware if I were you. If a homebrewer doesn't like seeing the term associated to his game, he should just finish it and release it. :P

This was kind of my thought exactly! Being in the vaporware section isn't really a bad thing, it just means there hasn't been an update in at least one year. I chose one year because I felt that if you hadn't heard anything at all from the programmer about a project in that time, it usually means that the title is on the back-burner or possibly abandoned.

As soon as a programmer posts a new update, it will go right back into the active section.

There are a couple of the list now that are approaching a year since the last update: MazeaM, Penguin Adventure, SeaQuest, etc...

Even DKA had an update in April from Eduardo! ;)

Well, good things take forever to make :)

This way of thinking I totally buy into! Remember, it's more about how long it's been since the last update not about how long a project has taken. DKA might be taking forever, but at least there have been updates you can point to. Personally, I'd rather a good homebrew take longer and be better than rush something through development.

One day, I'll be more open and talk about when Activision's management came to me and told me "We need another Call of Duty game in 9 months..." The words I had for them were not "pleasant" and is one of many reasons why I chose not to stick around that company much longer! ;)

• Like 1

This way of thinking I totally buy into! Remember, it's more about how long it's been since the last update not about how long a project has taken. DKA might be taking forever, but at least there have been updates you can point to. Personally, I'd rather a good homebrew take longer and be better than rush something through development.

One day, I'll be more open and talk about when Activision's management came to me and told me "We need another Call of Duty game in 9 months..." The words I had for them were not "pleasant" and is one of many reasons why I chose not to stick around that company much longer! ;)

Right on! :)

As for DKA , I'm not worried at all .... It's going to be release soon or later

Same is true for Monster Bash & Rip Cord

Right on! :)

As for DKA , I'm not worried at all .... It's going to be release soon or later

Same is true for Monster Bash & Rip Cord

And with the documentation about programming a MegaCart game in C language being more available now than it was a few years ago, there's no reason why Russ should sacrifice anything in his version of Monster Bash.

• Like 3

And with the documentation about programming a MegaCart game in C language being more available now than it was a few years ago, there's no reason why Russ should sacrifice anything in his version of Monster Bash.

I agree

In the end, I think both games will benefit of the MegaCart

Well, less for Rip Cord of course but still

In France we call that game "call of Abruty..." , i'm not sure how to translate 'Abruti' in English... but it is something like " call of studid guy" or "call of stupidy"... :)

Back to the topic.

Knight 'n more is not in development, it is completed since a while. But as it won't be published by the usual colecovision publishers , it takes some time to put in place certains things.

I hope to have it published by the end of this year or begining of next year.

• Like 2

Knight 'n more is not in development, it is completed since a while. But as it won't be published by the usual colecovision publishers , it takes some time to put in place certains things.

Published by Capcom I guess... :P

You found a publisher in France?

I hope to have it published by the end of this year or begining of next year.

Everybody here would go crazy for the front cover of the box, or just a snapshot of the current game :thumbsup:

Edited by neo*fan