IGNORED

Games that I would like for the lynx

mvirtuale

A really nice old school type RPG game like Ultima (U3-U5) early Dragon Warriors/Quest, first few Final Fantasy games for example. Some of the RPG games could probably be ported as early graphics were simple enough. Sound OTOH and actual game code would take more time.

There were and are three games that i have always wanted for the Lynx:

1) Guardians: Storm Over Doria - ever since i bought European Soccer Challenge all those years ago, and within was a TELEGAMES catalog showing this great looking RPG (that i've always been a huge fan of) but also that it was 4-P ComLynx capable! :-o Since that day, i have always wanted Guardians.

2) Eye of the Beholder - when i found out that this was possibly complete but unreleased for the Lynx, i lost my maternal fornicating mind! Ever since i saw this game released and advertised in the magazines back in the day for the Amiga, i wanted it. I was a proud owner of a 520 STFM but the severe lack of SSI AD&D releases made me get an Amiga 500 just for those games! I was lucky to just get on last spot on Eric's list for a CIB release of EotB. VERY HAPPY to have it (alongside my CIB Amiga version).

3) Lode Runner - again, once i read rumors about a Lynx version of Lode Runner i went #*@^%+~ nuts! When i got my first gaming system back in '87 (XEGS), i only had the pack in games. Every time i went to the stores i used to lust over Lode Runner on the store shelves. Kept looking and reading the back of the box every time i visited the store. EVERY time. Was very happy when i found out the full game was released. Thanks to Video 61, i can strike this off my Most Wanted.

So, as the song goes, 2 out of 3 aaain't bad ;) Guardians was and still is my overall Most Wanted title, yet really looking forward to playing the other two (as well as everything else) on McWill's LCD Lynx replacement mod, which i should be getting back (post Lynx surgery) in a few days :)

What about Zelda like game? When Legend of Zelda game was released, there were a few similar games for other platform like Neutopia and Golden Axe Warriors. I'm sure original LoZ can somehow be ported to Lynx. Graphics are there and are simple enough it can fit Lynx's 16 color per line limitation. Wish I knew about coding well enough that I could try to make a base code for playing one on Lynx. (to avoid copyright issue, call it Legend of Handy or something)

I'll second Guardians: Storm Over Doria. I remember seeing this in EGM and thinking it looked really cool. I'd also love to see some of the classic LucasArts point'n'click adventures like Maniac Mansion or Day of the Tentacle. I know it'd be near impossible to be able to use those IPs but to see an engine developed for that game play would be fantastic.

Donkey Kong

An F-Zero clone.

A kart racer of some sort.

A port of the SNES Super Ghouls'n Ghosts, or something similar with original level designs.

A Mega Man game or clone.

An 8-bit Walking Dead game.

Golden Axe (2): The Revenge of Death Adder

Snow Bros.

Bubble Bobble

Puzzle Bobble/Bust-A-Move

Bruce Lee II

Any great playable game with decent quality would be a welcome addition for the Lynx's library.

Some ideas i had that never materialized:

1. Motocross Maniacs 2 (GBC) Clone : While the 1st version of this game was released in 1990 for the GB, i always would have liked to see a Lynx version of it. Think it would have been possible to get very close to the GBC version that is MCM2. The game itself is a fun racer/stunts game and would also adapt well for the lynx regarding multi-player.
    One of the most unappreciated Game Boy Color games that could have been given a better life on the Lynx.
  2. Prince Of Persia : Never understood why it was never released for the Lynx. It would have been a great addition and makes a very good handheld game. Just check out the Game Gear version to see how great i would have been.
    Definitely one of the classics that is missing for the Lynx and would have givin it some instant fame.
  3. Chuck Rock or any other great platform game : Games like Mario and Sonic were all the hype back in the days. The Lynx always lacked a good platform game and maybe that's one of the reasons it never good the attention it deserved. Chuck Rock for the Lynx always seemed like a good idea to me. A nice and fun game that could be played by a wide age group.

To bad none of these games happened.

• 2 months later...

To be short i want to have all top games from the genesis,snes and turbo express on the lynx in close the quality as their originals versions, by pushing the lynx to it's limit, think about games such as the donkeykong countr series, mortal kombat,killer instinct, sonic,mario,zelda 3 etc,,,haha lol.