IGNORED

Pac-Land poster

flemishdog

So I noticed on the Poster Manuals page There's no scan of the Pac-Land poster manual. I got the game recently from New Old stock, and got TWO posters. One with the back in English, one with the back in French! That must have cost Atari a lot, especially since they must have later chosen to just print both on the back.

Do I need to provide scans of my copies of the poster to AtariAge?

Yes, actually, it would be great to update that page and add Pac-Land. When I originally scanned these, I had to do them in pieces and then stitch them together with software. It was so long ago, I no longer have that software, so I'd need to find something in OS X that can do that. Ideally it would be good to get scans at 300dpi, and I can reduce them as necessary. It is helpful to put a thick, black piece of paper behind the poster while you're scanning it, which helps prevent bleed through from the other side.

Thanks!

..Al

Yes, actually, it would be great to update that page and add Pac-Land. When I originally scanned these, I had to do them in pieces and then stitch them together with software. It was so long ago, I no longer have that software, so I'd need to find something in OS X that can do that. Ideally it would be good to get scans at 300dpi, and I can reduce them as necessary. It is helpful to put a thick, black piece of paper behind the poster while you're scanning it, which helps prevent bleed through from the other side.

Thanks!

..Al

Thanks, will get scanning then. Shall I scan the French language poster too? I've seriously never seen two separate posters for both languages before. (And believe me, I'm currently trying to collect all Lynx posters)

If you're looking for a Graphics editor for OSX, GIMP is an Open Source program that I've heard is pretty good.

Thanks, will get scanning then. Shall I scan the French language poster too? I've seriously never seen two separate posters for both languages before. (And believe me, I'm currently trying to collect all Lynx posters)

If you're looking for a Graphics editor for OSX, GIMP is an Open Source program that I've heard is pretty good.

If you're using a Mac, ,I would recommend you Seashore: far easier to handle than Gimp and far lighter too but powerful.

To assemble 2 pictures it is very easy to do a copy and paste.

I am french and would enjoy to see a scan of the french version :)

Edited by Felyx

Well as soon as I get free time to properly Scan the Pac-Land poster, I noticed California Games doesn't have a box scan, or a manual scan, and I have both! For Some reason my California Games manual was a double sided A4 Paper. Anyone else seen this?

California Games Box Front

California Games Box Back

California Games Box Instructions Side A

California Games Box Instructions Side B

I also have scans of the large box release of Gates of Zendocon scanned here. Slightly more of the art is shown, and the back has a bigger title.

Gates of Zendocon box Front

Gates of Zendocon box Back

Anyway, hope these can be added to the Rarity Guide

Edited by flemishdog
  • Like 1