IGNORED

Alice's Mom's Rescue JagCD Release !

Orion_

• 3 weeks later...

After some hard work, I recently managed to make a special optimized 4Meg cart version of Alice with everything included (musics, saving, 25 levels, etc...)

The new limited run of carts for Elansar left me with 4 unused carts, so, I made one Alice cart for me, and the remaining 3 will be for any of you :)

I will make 3 ebay auctions for a cart version of Alice's Mom's Rescue, numbered, with an option to include your name inside the game !
If you win this auction, I will send you a message with an image template that You can customize, or that I can customize for you if you tell me which text you want to include inside (for example your name)
I will then create a unique cart of the game with Your own special text that will be displayed at the game boot, below my spinning "orion" logo, while the game is loading (this screen will last around 12 seconds)
I will also include a free copy of a brand new sealed CD version of the game for Jaguar CD.

Enjoy the first auction ! http://www.ebay.fr/itm/281682042646

• Like 4

After some hard work, I recently managed to make a special optimized 4Meg cart version of Alice with everything included (musics, saving, 25 levels, etc...)

The new limited run of carts for Elansar left me with 4 unused carts, so, I made one Alice cart for me, and the remaining 3 will be for any of you :)

I will make 3 ebay auctions for a cart version of Alice's Mom's Rescue, numbered, with an option to include your name inside the game !

If you win this auction, I will send you a message with an image template that You can customize, or that I can customize for you if you tell me which text you want to include inside (for example your name)

I will then create a unique cart of the game with Your own special text that will be displayed at the game boot, below my spinning "orion" logo, while the game is loading (this screen will last around 12 seconds)

I will also include a free copy of a brand new sealed CD version of the game for Jaguar CD.

Dammit! I wouldn't waited to pick up the CD version of the game if I knew it would be included in this cart version....lol.

How about just selling the three carts to your three best and most loyal customers? :D

Edited by travistouchdown
  • Like 1

Damn, I don't know how I missed this announcement. It's like, if I miss the site for a couple of weeks, a game gets released.

I ordered one from your site Orion... but am definitely bummed I won't be getting a Fireball... hah...

Damn, I don't know how I missed this announcement. It's like, if I miss the site for a couple of weeks, a game gets released.

I ordered one from your site Orion... but am definitely bummed I won't be getting a Fireball... hah...

Only one? Not afraid the CD is going to "break"? :lol:

I missed this announcement too, as I hadn't been checking this thread, I knew the CD version was released. I JUST bought the CD version off Orion's site, as well as the down-loadable versions of Elisar and Philia! I can't wait for all three (haven't even gotten the link for downloads yet), but I wish I'd checked here before I purchased...oh well. I prefer CD versions anyway, just for the lower prices.

I'm really kidding myself anyway, I was always planning on getting the CD version, or wait for the down-loadable version, but decided not to wait and sprung for the original CD.

Edited by Gunstar

Only one? Not afraid the CD is going to "break"? :lol:

Well... it's very easy to remake a CD version... but I really collect the CD games more to just collect them. I PLAY the cartridge games. If I win the auction for the cartridge, I'm going to play the crap out of it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

[media]

[media]

:thumbsup:

Pretty good review I think.

It's a platformer, and there are quite a few on the Jaguar. What I like about this one especially is that it really has a more distinct platformer "feel" to it than say Flashback or Rayman or one of those other Jaguar games. It FEELS like it has more of a Super Mario Brothers kind of perspective about it, which is really nice. But I also like the music. I mean, not like it's music I would play in my car, but for the game, the music is quite good.

I don't know why the guy seemed to be so shocked about it being for the Atari Jaguar. Of the Jaguar games that I have, most of my new ones are on CD. I mean, I also have Elansar, Philia (from Cedric), also plenty of games from Songbird Productions, as well as Impulse-X on CD too... The guy made it seem like the game was totally out of the blue. It's an excellent market to be in.

I would love to have this game on cartridge, and I would pay more for it too... I haven't loaded it onto my flashcart yet, and if I'm totally honest, I've actually been playing it on my PC this whole time! hahaha...

Edited by 82-T/A

plugged it in and it is good. Love the level setup and even the missus likes it because the girl is just so darn cute. keep it up, O! And might I say, make everything skunk-able and you've got a dedicated customer!

Edit: not that I'm not already dedicated. ..

Edited by Spacey Invader

I got my CD last week, I played through the first few levels, but I guess it only saves at the end of each world or something, since I have to start over apparently. Probably my fault for not reading the instructions.

Anyway, it seems really good so far, for "16-bit quality" :P platformer. Although, maybe it just me because most Jag platformers are on the more difficult end of the platformer spectrum, but it's seems way to easy, and there doesn't seem to be any difficulty options (again maybe my fault since I need to read instructions). But I'm a vintage gamer who wants to "conquer" games that many would steer clear of due to difficulty or steep learning curves with controls and game play.

I did only do a few levels, so maybe the difficulty will increase.

The music is good, here's hoping there's more than one song in the game though, I even start to get sick of T2K songs before they change.

I got my CD last week, I played through the first few levels, but I guess it only saves at the end of each world or something, since I have to start over apparently. Probably my fault for not reading the instructions.

Anyway, it seems really good so far, for "16-bit quality" :P platformer. Although, maybe it just me because most Jag platformers are on the more difficult end of the platformer spectrum, but it's seems way to easy, and there doesn't seem to be any difficulty options (again maybe my fault since I need to read instructions). But I'm a vintage gamer who wants to "conquer" games that many would steer clear of due to difficulty or steep learning curves with controls and game play.

I did only do a few levels, so maybe the difficulty will increase.

The music is good, here's hoping there's more than one song in the game though, I even start to get sick of T2K songs before they change.

The later levels require you to memorize where things are because if you miss something or do the wrong thing you usually can't go back and have to restart the level.

Hows about a 4mb optimized skunkboard rom for us owners of the CD with a rev 1 Skunk? that can't play the 6mb rom? |:)

• Like 1

Well, I'm still on the first world, but did play to about level 5 and I quit to test the save feature, since the manual does say it's supposed to save after every level. So, it worked and my game is saved at about level 5. I still don't know why it didn't save the first time, it wasn't the memory cart not making good contact because I never touched it and the game saved this time.

I have noticed several different songs in game, and the sound quality is excellent, though the songs themselves are hit and miss, IMHO. I like the one that sounds like a folk guitar or similar string instrument is used, but not the other songs so much.

Game play difficulty is increasing, unfortunately the difficulty is merely jumping on moving platforms, etc., there just aren't any enemy characters to worry about, just cats hiding in the grass, and all you do is jump over them. This game has variety in level design, so far, but it's just so empty and all you do is jump, collect keys and gems...and that's it. It is still sort of fun, but I really do expect more action and more characters in a plat-former.

Over all this one is falling flat for me. Especially after great vintage console platform releases in recent years. Crown-land on the 8-bit Atari blows this game away... even graphically. Still I'll enjoy Alice's MR somewhat and I am happy to support Orion and he has several quality releases under his belt and hopefully my support of this game will bring more in the future.

Maybe as I get deeper in the game my opinion will improve, but if all it turns out to be is an obstacle course the entire way I'll be disappointed. I know that essentially plat-formers are obstacle courses, but just moving and static platforms to jump on does not a plat-former make.

Edited by Gunstar

Game play difficulty is increasing, unfortunately the difficulty is merely jumping on moving platforms, etc., there just aren't any enemy characters to worry about, just cats hiding in the grass, and all you do is jump over them. This game has variety in level design, so far, but it's just so empty and all you do is jump, collect keys and gems...and that's it. It is still sort of fun, but I really do expect more action and more characters in a plat-former.

Lots of platforms in this platformer, right?

Yes, the enemies aren't the deal here and will not die by lack of life. Often, later in the game, you will pull the wrong lever, or you pushed a box to stand on in the wrong direction, so you'll need to die by purpose and restart. It's more of "can you beat the level", than "oh I'm out of health".

I can agree it is very 16-bit-ish, which is a little sad since we deal with 64 bits "monster" here with its added CD capacity, but to me after finishing the game twice (with perfect on the 2nd run) I'm perfectly happy that I got this game for what it cost. I think it gets funnier and funnier. Hope you change your mind about it.