IGNORED

How's Ax doing?

I was told that he's alive but still not doing well. That's all I think I can share as he wants his private life to remain private.

Would it be pointless to send him a PM to say hi? Going through my old messages, we haven't spoken in over two years and I'd love to drop him a line, but I'm not sure he'd ever even see it.

Kind of low to kick someone when they are in really bad physical state and bad health, Shawn.

I also miss seeing him around, he was a great guy and very helpful to me on several things.

I got along great with Ax for years and personally never had an issue with him. I wouldn't kick him. My only grip was that he took all that money and never produced even years later. That has repercussions across the whole forum for others that would do pre-orders but actually complete them. This kinda thing leaves people questioning if it's safe to do pre-paid orders and that is not right. This isn't some kinda high horse statement just shooting straight.

I wish the best for his physical health and only hope for the best for him. If you read this Ax, Happy Easter to you and your family.

I hate to be the heel here, but I always assumed he was just incarcerated for an undetermined amount of time, and he'd come back to the board following his release. That's about the only excuse he would have besides passing away, that he couldn't at least make small talk with other members of the board who were/are concerned about his well-being.

Or perhaps, unless he's quadriplegic, what other reason could there possibly be for not at least hen-pecking the letters on the keyboard to say 'Hello' every now and then?

Sorry to offend anyone, it's just my take on it. The story stunk of deception then, and the smell still lingers every time I hear the name Axe.

And FWIW, I actually hope I'm wrong as I too have had dealings with Axe in the past.

Nah, I've been pretty sick over a long period of time before too and the last thing on my mind was poking my head around the forums. Granted I am nowhere near the kind of contributor to this community that Ax was but I can totally understand him not coming around here.

For what it's worth, I met Ax in person to do a trade once, and I could immediately tell the struggles with his health were legitimate. That's been a couple years ago now, so if his condition has only deteriorated, then it doesn't surprise me at all that he keeps away from the computer.

I certainly can't vouch for whatever that 7800 deal was, but in my dealings with Ax, he always packed well, shipped fast, and the shit worked. I know that's just *my* experience, but it is as such. I'm thinking the floods and whatever else (health?) issues may have been just overwhelmingly bad luck, as he had a great reputation before whatever tragedies. However, I respect everyones' opinon as I put in my 2 cents (or half-a-cent).

• Like 1

Kind of low to kick someone when they are in really bad physical state and bad health, Shawn.

I also miss seeing him around, he was a great guy and very helpful to me on several things.

I would agree with this...but Shawn is correct that it is about the money, he's just the only one that had the nads to say it out loud since everybody, myself included, loves Ax and hates to think of this situation that way. I wasn't going to say anything but come on guys, it's been like 2 years now, he aint coming back...and it's not just "health" that has stopped him from checking in.

Ax was such a big part of the community I have a hard time believing he wouldn't pop in and say hi unless he was in jail or a coma, neither of which I think has happened....

Now, what I do believe happened is that people probably treated him poorly, possibly even borderline harassment over the product/money he was unable to deliver (as mentioned due to circumstance beyond his control) and that was enough to drive him away forever. When in a situation beyond your control, and poor health issues stacked on top of it, a man has to say enough is enough and walk away for his own well being.

So if I am correct, who is really at fault here? This is hypothetical of course since only Ax and his Wife know the content of those PM's demanding product or refunds but I would assume they got plenty of them and some were pretty nasty (based on wolfpack mommys last post of no longer providing health status updates).... Assume I'm correct, lets say your health is in it's worst state ever, you lost everything in a flood, you have no idea how to get your family back on it;s feet and then on top of it a bunch of nasty PM's are stacking up demanding things you couldn't possibly do at the time, and with what is going on taking priority you really just do not care about it anymore...can you really blame him?

• Like 3

I would agree with this...but Shawn is correct that it is about the money, he's just the only one that had the nads to say it out loud since everybody, myself included, loves Ax and hates to think of this situation that way. I wasn't going to say anything but come on guys, it's been like 2 years now, he aint coming back...and it's not just "health" that has stopped him from checking in.

Ax was such a big part of the community I have a hard time believing he wouldn't pop in and say hi unless he was in jail or a coma, neither of which I think has happened....

Now, what I do believe happened is that people probably treated him poorly, possibly even borderline harassment over the product/money he was unable to deliver (as mentioned due to circumstance beyond his control) and that was enough to drive him away forever. When in a situation beyond your control, and poor health issues stacked on top of it, a man has to say enough is enough and walk away for his own well being.

So if I am correct, who is really at fault here? This is hypothetical of course since only Ax and his Wife know the content of those PM's demanding product or refunds but I would assume they got plenty of them and some were pretty nasty (based on wolfpack mommys last post of no longer providing health status updates).... Assume I'm correct, lets say your health is in it's worst state ever, you lost everything in a flood, you have no idea how to get your family back on it;s feet and then on top of it a bunch of nasty PM's are stacking up demanding things you couldn't possibly do at the time, and with what is going on taking priority you really just do not care about it anymore...can you really blame him?

^^ This is all that needs to be said basically.....well put. I dealt with Ax a few times and thankfully he always delivered but he would take much longer than normal (sometimes a month or more) and always thanked me for not flooding his inbox with "when will it be done messages." Likely put himself in too deep with orders and then had the flooding and health issues and things went downhill. He seemed to take pride in the work he performed and I'm sure he's upset with not delivering. Again this is no excuse on non-delivery but as stated above whether ethical or not this was probably very low on his priority list. I am sure if he ever gets back on his feet he may resurface and correct his wrongs.

FWIW, I have a little under $20 of unfinished business with Ax, for two TI-related items. I ended up getting one of the two things from someone else, which was fine -- I let Ax's wife know she could write that one off (i.e. keep the money).

I wouldn't mind getting the other thing I paid for (an AV cable), but I've gotten enough good deals from Ax to be OK with letting that go. I don't fault anyone for wanting their stuff, though. It just seems like a bad situation all around.

Regardless I wish him well, and hope he's able to lead a good and pain-free life whether or not he comes back to AA.

I dealt with Ax in person and on the net. He's a good guy.

He has a health issue and 5 kids. I'm sure he and his wife are plenty busy. Sometimes the hobby or even a business based around is hobby have to be put aside for more important matters. As long as he makes good with anyone owed anything, and it seems his family has tried, I wish him the best of luck. I would hope to see him around again, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's lost to real life.