IGNORED

Frame rate questions regarding Xbox One games....

ataridave

I really like what I've seen from the Xbox One, and would like to get one. However, I keep hearing about games running at lower frame rates then they do on the PS4. How noticible is this, and is it anything like what we used to call slow down in games?

Although I love the SNES and the Genesis, I can remember a time when a game magazine, forget which one, complained about slow down in certain SNES games, while the Sega was boasting of the Genesis's blast processing/ speed. I don't know if the current situation mirrors that at all, though.

I woudn't worry about it even if you got a newer TV etc........just to be clear resolution is important too because that's what makes games look great and framerate simply makes them play a whole lot better. I don't think too many (if any at all) games run in native 1080p (1920x1080). Framerate is your baseline. Resolution and other factors are sacrificed to achieve that framerate so if you notice in the link above where both systems have 30 FPS but one system has a higher resolution than the other....it just means the devs did what they could to achieve 30 FPS and gimped in other areas. This isn't really happening anymore on Xbox One from what I could tell. This is still the early stages of these consoles lifecycle's so it will only get better.

Again, I wouldn't worry about it at all.

• Like 1

Both are not worth worrying about. Instead, you DO need to worry about a game shipping that actually works 100%. And I mean works without a day 1 patch, or 1st week patch, or 2 month patch or 6 month patch (great job 343 :roll: ) or a.....I think you get the point.

Then there's the whole online aspect working correctly too... :grin:

• Like 1

Starscream hit nail on head.These day 1 patches are now the norm it seems.I cannot honestly think of the last PS3 or 360 game i played where the 1st 10 mins+ are spent waiting for patches to download and instal.

I don't buy games on day 1 any more as it often seems 1st patch causes issues on a game that needs adressing with a later patch, so playing games 2-3 months+ down the line, i hope everything has been fixed and game will be stable enough to play without worrying about auto saves corrupting etc.

As for frame rates? as long as they are stable and you don't see huge dips, i'd not worry if it's 30 or 60 fps.

Edited by Lost Dragon