IGNORED

World tour racing Jaguar CD

Atlantis

Is this game worth 90$ ???

What do you think?...

It seems to be a descent game. Like all the commercial signs newt to the racing track with the Jaguar logo and the Atari logo - even Doom is there. It's cool to see them all the time.

More of an fun action game than realistic maybe, and in my book that is a plus.

The game is pretty impressive, technically the 3D engine is one of the best on the Jaguar.

But ... the game plays very poorly, trying to control the car is hard, so I would say, If you enjoy Checkered Flag's gameplay, then you can enjoy World tour racing.

Pretty much. :lol:

Still, wouldn't want to be without WTR in my collection and consider it a must if you have the CD. Can eek out a little smoother play if you disable the ground effects, but yeah... this game is definitely for the hardcore Jag racing lover. ;)

Compared to Chechered Flag, WTR is really playable AND can be played at 2 on splitted screen.

It is just one of our favourite game, my children and me and we prefer WTR to Super Burn Out because it is simply more fun.

I win races squipping the qualification round and starting the race at the very last position on the grid so no it is not that difficult.

My 8 yo son reachs the top 3: the difficulty of the game is not hard especially compared to racing games he has on his ipod touch.

Edited by Felyx

Forgot to mention the game is complete but not new, for 90$. Worth it?

I think I would like it.

If you are just asking for values on these games, bump and old thread with the game as a title. Or start a thread titled "current game value questions" or something.

I notice you seem to be surprised that jaguar games are expensive. Just to let you know ahead of time, expect to pay about $20-$30 for common jaguar games (bruce lee, bubsy, supercross 3D, etc), $40-$60 for most stuff in the middle (Doom, Tempest, I-War), $70-$120 for the more sought after ones (Defender 2k, Missile Command 3D, any Telegames), and $200-$1000 for the rarest titles (Another World, Gorf, Battlephere.)

To answer your question, $90 is about market values for World Tour Racing on the open market, and people tend to try and price gouge for a lot more. You can find it for $100 new on songbird right now, so that's a good option:

http://songbird-productions.com/catalog.shtml

Is it worth $100? Hard to say, it's a very subjective question. IMO, it's one of the better games on the Jaguar and the control and music are great.

Edited by travistouchdown

With a race car with the Atari logo on, with racing tracks with Atari commercial around, my expectations are already met. The question is just how happy will I be, and that good feeling got stronger by you saying it is a fair price and a good game (can't order from Songbird USA, since large s&h and import taxes to EU might happen + long wait).

this is 90$ incl s&h. and I'll have it in a couple of days.

I think the prices are kind of good on Jaguar overall, you get lots of cool games for lets say 300 $. I'm used to Neo Geo AES, so don't worry.

What worries me is that I've spend like 300$ to 500$ a month since januari on Jag, and at this point I have to be more selective, why I ask you guys.

• Like 1

The game is pretty impressive, technically the 3D engine is one of the best on the Jaguar.

But ... the game plays very poorly, trying to control the car is hard, so I would say, If you enjoy Checkered Flag's gameplay, then you can enjoy World tour racing.

I disagree 100% about the controls, they can be changed in the menu system to set up the way you like, and I find the control to be spot on. This is actually still my second favorite racer of all time just behind 3DO's Need For Speed. I highly recommend it if you like arcade style racers. The A.I. is phenomenal, and an actual challenge. The frame rate could be better, but is still better than checkered flag, and is quite acceptable, better on some levels than others. WTR is NOTHING like CF in control and FPS department, it's much better IMHO regardless of what Orion says.

But is it worth $90? That's up to you, but it's a quality Jag title, and with so few of those on CD, it's a must for me.

• Like 2

Ah yes. You needed the approval from your Jaguar gaming peers prior to making a $90 purchase.

How did you think the responses were going to pan out? "Jaguar is shit. I wouldn't spend $1 on a Jaguar game, let alone $90".

Didn't think so.

:lol:

I originally said for $90, you could get a PS2, a bunch of excellent racers AND a steering wheel but after thinking about it - knew there was not going to be any room for that brand of logic here. ;)

• Like 5

No need to point out that a person who was obviously predisposed to making the purchase just wanted some additional thoughts on it. I don't understand why an issue needs to be made out of it.

I don't understand why someone who doesn't understand why an issue needs to be made out of it is making an issue out of not understanding why an issue needs to be made out of it.

• Like 3

Ah yes. You needed the approval from your Jaguar gaming peers prior to making a $90 purchase.

How did you think the responses were going to pan out? "Jaguar is shit. I wouldn't spend $1 on a Jaguar game, let alone $90".

Didn't think so.

Since you ask:

I don't see it often on ebay, and didn't know Songbird sold it for 100$ new.

Here is how it could go:

1. It sucks, you won't play it since it is impossible to play as CF. Avoid!

2. it is a decent game, 50% worth it. It's up to you.

3. it is a fine game 100% worth it. Get it.

Answers came and people mostly said 2 and 3.

Your 1 $ sarcasm stands for you alone. Your reaction is more of an exception alternative 4 anomaly.

Keep the aggression coming.

• Like 1

If you are just asking for values on these games, bump and old thread with the game as a title. Or start a thread titled "current game value questions" or something.

I get you point, but these threads often takes a mix of different approaches towards the subject:

1. people discuss collecting/buying, and the cost/value of things,

2. people discuss technical matters, with terms as 68k and eprom and such,

3. people share in-game experiences,

often one, or a mix of two or three of these approaches as I see it, and I really want tom discuss this game, that didn't have an own thread when I searched for it on this forum, and when I finally own the game I will definitely level the 3 in this thread.

:lol:

I originally said for $90, you could get a PS2, a bunch of excellent racers AND a steering wheel but after thinking about it - knew there was not going to be any room for that brand of logic here. ;)

While that may be true, it has nothing to do with logic. So what if you can get a PS2 and all the extras for the same price. If you don't want a PS2 then it would be ILLOGICAL for you to buy one. There's countless items one can buy for $90, but if it's not what you are interested in, so what? :roll: