IGNORED

ADAM Parallel Printer Cable

adamcon

I KNOW all you guys and gals can help. Have a request for a parallel printer cable for the ADAM. I do have a diagram to make one, but there must be some of you that have found a workable cable out there in the wild. If anyone knows of a cable that works, this user would be grateful.

I KNOW all you guys and gals can help. Have a request for a parallel printer cable for the ADAM. I do have a diagram to make one, but there must be some of you that have found a workable cable out there in the wild. If anyone knows of a cable that works, this user would be grateful.

The only thing I can think of that would be close/identical might be the parallel printer cable from a Tandy Model 100/102 or NEC PC-8201a. Those use the same sort of connector on the computer end. You might try to find the pinout of that and compare with the ADAM one and see.

At first glance they do appear to be verrry similar, just had a quick perusal of the MI MIB3 card pinout and the Model 100 service manual. There were a couple of differences, particularly the select line and paper empty signals.

Thinking that it probably won't work then Geoff

Thinking that it probably won't work then Geoff

It probably would, but it's probably just as rare though. IIRC the construction of the one I had for the PC-8201A (another rebadged Kyocera like the Tandy 100/102), it was the same as the one I have for the ADAM. Regardless, they aren't hard to fabricate if you have a bench vise.