IGNORED

Game Factory

Eric7100

Are you confirming that it plays well on Intellivision II or that it has problems on the original Master Component? Or both?

Inquiring minds want you known, for I bought a copy and could never get it to work.

We are confirming that the original Game Factory carts work on Intellivision II systems. I think something about the game does not like the ECS being used with other versions of the console or something along those lines.

5-11under is best qualified to confirm. IIRC it had something to do with the additional RAM on the cartridge board - something about how there are some subtle differences between Intellivision I and Intellivision II, or with how it's configured. Not sure if it was a hardware or firmware issue.

5-11under is best qualified to confirm. IIRC it had something to do with the additional RAM on the cartridge board - something about how there are some subtle differences between Intellivision I and Intellivision II, or with how it's configured. Not sure if it was a hardware or firmware issue.

I wonder if it will work on one of the Tudor Pro consoles that have popped up?

You know, I haven't tried the ECS with mine yet. I thought I read that there may be problems with the WBEXEC conflicting with the ECS, though it wasn't clear to me if that only applied to Tutorvision-specific software, or to ECS programs generally...

The conflicting ECS rom at $2000 is off by default through bankswitching; not sure if that means tutorvision cartridges are okay with an ecs. I'm also not sure if that means an ecs cartridge is okay in a tutorvision as long as it doesn't use the 4k of ecs rom at $2000.

Rev's got at least a couple of the new boards that should work with both model I and model II Intellivisions, and presumably other models, too.

My suspicion is that the ECS and the WBEXEC are not compatible.

My understanding of how the Intellivision boots up is:

1. EXEC starts executing after reset
  2. EXEC jumps to $7000 if there is a ROM there. For the ECS, it is there.
  3. ECS executes a bit of code at $7000 and then $2000
  4. ECS jumps back to the EXEC
  5. EXEC jumps to $4800 if there is a ROM there. Typically, nothing is there (other than some cartridges and the PlayCable)
  6. EXEC jumps to $5000-ish.

If you have the WBEXEC, there likely will be a conflict between the Tutorvision ROM at $2000 and ECS ROM at $2000.

That said, maybe INTV Corp worked around the ECS issue. For example, they could have had the first N words of the Tutorvision's ROM at $2000 exactly match the ECS's so there wasn't conflict there.

I recommend just trying it out to be sure.

• 6 months later...
On 4/6/2015 at 3:44 AM, Rev said:

Anyone who purchased this will be contacted. And will be taken care of. No worries folks. ;-)

I guess its too late to worry, but still I doubt it will be taken care of. So Game Factory just stays a not working piece of plastic in my shelf. Deal, as a serious collector I dont care of the stuff is actually working or not :D

30 minutes ago, Rev said:

You have an unhealthy obsession with storage containers being opened. 

You have an unhealthy obsession with assuming  that its containers  being opened.... ;)

43 minutes ago, Rev said:

Send me a PM if you want board replaced. 

Is that with the Jr Pac Man board as well....   and is that offer to everyone who purchased both those games ? 

2 hours ago, m-crew said:

You have an unhealthy obsession with assuming  that its containers  being opened.... ;)

Is that with the Jr Pac Man board as well....   and is that offer to everyone who purchased both those games ? 

Send me a PM with your needs. Thanks, Mr Pandora. 

21 minutes ago, Rev said:

Send me a PM with your needs. Thanks, Mr Pandora. 

I will send you a PM or you could just send me a PM and let me know(or us) how to proceed since you already know my or who ever else  purchased these games needs. , BTW ,Thank You for responding  Mr Pandora's .