IGNORED

Game Factory

Eric7100

I did not know this. Hmm... I am disappointed now that I paid for the game. I thought it was like other "unreleased" games released after, where they fixed them up to make them functional and tested them before release.

So now I have a useless cartridge. :(

Dear lord, at least Desert Bus is actually playable! :D

• Like 1

Am I seeing double or did you quote your own message within your own message. :-o

quoteself.png

Back on topic: I have a theory what might be happening w/ the cartridge. I've emailed 5-11under to see if I can help suss things out, if it's hardware related. A certain lad, or I should say, Mattel LAD may explain the difference in behavior between Intellivision 1 and 2 systems.

LOL, Yes you are seeing double. When i posted this , I did it on my mobile phone.Ran into complications. :D . Thats good news Intv nut. . That will be Intresting to find out the differences between the 2 systems. I may post a video for Game factory a little later. as a test. I never done videos before.But would like to start doing them. :-o

Edited by atari5200dude82

Dear lord, at least Desert Bus is actually playable! :D

In this case, I think we stumbled onto a subtle hardware difference between the Intellivision 1 and 2 that has nothing to do with the copyright lockout on the Inty 2. As I mentioned upthread I've contacted 5-11under with my best theories as to what might be happening, and have offered my assistance. I'm sure we'll figure it out.

Edited by intvnut

So, after some extensive tests I can present the following:

post-30718-0-94239600-1428508614_thumb.jpg

Inty 2 / grey ECS: works

post-30718-0-30720200-1428508649_thumb.jpg

Inty 2 / brown ECS: works

post-30718-0-74868100-1428508686_thumb.jpg

Inty NTSC 2609 / grey ECS: works (after 2 resets it worked perfectly)

post-30718-0-31652700-1428508669_thumb.jpg

Inty NTSC 2609 / brown ECS: doesn't work

post-30718-0-96746900-1428508708_thumb.jpg

Inty PAL 5370 / grey ECS: doesn't work

Edited by Intymike
  • Like 2

Interesting that one of your NTSC console setups worked. How consistent is that behavior? And is it unique to that combination of hardware? Did you try the various editor menus as well with that setup?

Now of course there's another wrinkle that shouldn't make a difference: Intellivoice! Has anyone tried putting one of those in the chain, too?

Interesting that one of your NTSC console setups worked. How consistent is that behavior? And is it unique to that combination of hardware? Did you try the various editor menus as well with that setup?

Now of course there's another wrinkle that shouldn't make a difference: Intellivoice! Has anyone tried putting one of those in the chain, too?

I made a video that shows the Inty 1. I made serval resets and it worked perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxY7q26FkNQ&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Intymike

For the record, I don't expect PAL vs. NTSC to affect the glitch, if my theory on the cause is correct. I also suppose some NTSC machines will work; it would depend on device tolerances.

I guess we'll see.

Thanks for your assistance.

• Like 1

I made a video that shows the Inty 1. I made serval resets and it worked perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxY7q26FkNQ&feature=youtu.be

Yay! I'll try to play with it this week-end. I just need to get my ECS out of its crate (all my stuff is still packed from my move two years ago, still waiting until that glorious day when we buy a house). The housing market is brutal here in Cary, NC!!!).

Thanks for the tests! :)

-dZ.

In this case, I think we stumbled onto a subtle hardware difference between the Intellivision 1 and 2 that has nothing to do with the copyright lockout on the Inty 2. As I mentioned upthread I've contacted 5-11under with my best theories as to what might be happening, and have offered my assistance. I'm sure we'll figure it out.

Interesting. I wonder if Mattel knew about these differences? I thought Game Factory was the last game to have gone through QA, but I might be mistaken about that. Maybe it was just the last game finished (but not through QA)?

Interesting. I wonder if Mattel knew about these differences? I thought Game Factory was the last game to have gone through QA, but I might be mistaken about that. Maybe it was just the last game finished (but not through QA)?

This isn't an issue with Game Factory, but rather specific to the cartridge board design, specifically with the RAM support on the board. Game Factory runs fine with a CC3 or LTO Flash! in an Intellivision 1 for example.

The Intellivision 1 skews its bus control lines more than the Intellivision 2, and I think that may be the root cause. Old school slow logic isn't as affected by skew as modern, super fast logic.

Edited by intvnut

This isn't an issue with Game Factory, but rather specific to the cartridge board design, specifically with the RAM support on the board. Game Factory runs fine with a CC3 or LTO Flash! in an Intellivision 1 for example.

The Intellivision 1 skews its bus control lines more than the Intellivision 2, and I think that may be the root cause. Old school slow logic isn't as affected by skew as modern, super fast logic.

Huh, you learn something new every day. Interesting.