IGNORED

Interton VC 4000 Video Game Console, Germany 1978

A few years ago I came across a small lot of games for mixed systems (Channel F, VC-4000, VIC-20, C64) which set me off to get a VC-4000 console to go with the game. I picked up boxed unit from Tradera in the summer of 2013, about 40 Euros including shipping. I added a few games so now my library consists of games number 2, 19 and 32, all in boxes. I find the VC-4000 to be the missing link between Channel F and G7000, while of course the 2600 beats them all hands down.

See for example also this thread: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/224893-interton-vc-4000/

• Like 1

One of the things I've tried to impress on people was that by late 1982 in North America besides the big three consoles (Atari 2600, Intelivision, and Colecovision) you had SIX other consoles that you could buy and were still being supported -- the Fairchild was still around, the O2 had some good games for it, there was the Bally Astrocade with it's small but dedicated fan base, the NA version of the Interton (the name escapes me right now), the Vectrex I count as a console due to the fact that's how people used it and it wasn't that portable, and the brand new Atari 5200. Not to mention the computers such as the Atari, Commodore, TI, Apple, IBM, and others. This is one of the key reasons for a crash....too many consoles on the market as well as too many games.

Edited by SoulBlazer

One of the things I've tried to impress on people was that by late 1982 in North America besides the big three consoles (Atari 2600, Intelivision, and Colecovision) you had SIX other consoles that you could buy and were still being supported -- the Fairchild was still around, the O2 had some good games for it, there was the Bally Astrocade with it's small but dedicated fan base, the NA version of the Interton (the name escapes me right now), the Vectrex I count as a console due to the fact that's how people used it and it wasn't that portable, and the brand new Atari 5200. Not to mention the computers such as the Atari, Commodore, TI, Apple, IBM, and others. This is one of the key reasons for a crash....too many consoles on the market as well as too many games.

You mean the emerson arcadia 2001. This isn't a vc4000 compatible. It uses the same processor, but the graphics chip is an upgraded version. It's not compatible.
  • Like 1

You mean the emerson arcadia 2001. This isn't a vc4000 compatible. It uses the same processor, but the graphics chip is an upgraded version. It's not compatible.

Right, that's it. Thanks for the info. I knew it was sold here and it was cloned around the world, but the exact name was escaping me.

• Like 1

The Amigan Software is rather good too, and has documented both 1292 series games and Arcadia series games.

1292/VC-4000: http://amigan.1emu.net/igg/

Arcadia 2001: http://amigan.1emu.net/agg/

I read somewhere that the 1292 series is limited to four foreground colours on screen, but many of those screenshots seem to contain more colours than so, perhaps it is four colours per pixel row? Actually it appears like the 2001 would have fewer colour combinations than its predecessor, or perhaps that is due to which colours they chose to have in the games. While there are three homebrews listed for the Arcadia 2001 (and perhaps there are even more out there not on this list), it appears the 1292/1392/VC-4000 type of machines yet have to see a proper homebrew, although they're documented, supposedly with both assemblers and emulators.

• Like 1