IGNORED

Sirius & Plutos Payment Options

CPUWIZ

Just wanted to let everyone know that CPUWIZ is sick this week, and he asked me to post a message here that shipment of the carts will be delayed a bit until he's feeling better. Also, any games above #48 will take longer to ship out, as those carts haven't been built just yet.

..Al

Oh, snap. Take your time... ya'll's health is more important than a video game. I've had acute bronchitis this week and am on the mend. CPUWIZ: Get well before I do, OK? :)

Still, I wish there was a "Game Genie" type device for the 7800. Since with both games you always respawn immediately whenever you lose a life, a simple "INF LIVES" code would let casual players plow through the whole game... :dunce:

I did infinite lives hacks of both games when we were fixing the protos so we could see how many levels there were and if the games were stable enough. Maybe CPUWIZ would replace your cartridges with ones that have these binaries on them, if you ask him nicely. Or maybe he'll just create a Game Genie 7800 for you, as messing with circuits would probably be much more fun to him than having to deal with the post office twice. ;)

ZombiePlutosSirius.zip

• Like 3

I did infinite lives hacks of both games when we were fixing the protos so we could see how many levels there were and if the games were stable enough. Maybe CPUWIZ would replace your cartridges with ones that have these binaries on them, if you ask him nicely. Or maybe he'll just create a Game Genie 7800 for you, as messing with circuits would probably be much more fun to him than having to deal with the post office twice. ;)

attachicon.gifZombiePlutosSirius.zip

Concerto cannot get here soon enough!!! :grin: :thumbsup:

Prolly should post this in the Concerto thread, but here goes...

Also I would love a GG style cheats system implemented in the Concerto if patching can be built into the firmware. I came up with a Game Genie code format for Atari:

VCS:

2k and 4k games - 000:00

bank swapped games - 000:00:00

And 7800:

16kb and 32Kb ROMs - 0000:00

Bankswapped ROMs - 0000:00:00

Unlike Game Genie codes for NES, no funny business with encrypting the codes by moving bytes around. The first group of three hex digits is the address. Conveniently, 16^3 = 4096 so VCS codes can use one less nibble character compared to NES Game Genie. The second group is the byte of data to overwrite the ROM, and the third group is a comparator used for bankswapped ROMs. 7800 codes need to be 6 or 8 characters instead of 5 or 7.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but do 7800 ROMs loaded off a flash cart need to have a proper checksum? I would imagine they don't because the 7800 boot ROM would only perform a checksum on the flash cart prior to load. Then the flash cart just bank swap it's program for the ROM data when loaded. So barring any sort of soft reset, there would be no reason for the boot ROM to perform a second checksum.

Am I on the right page here? Or do ROM patches need to be resigned in order to load on a Concerto? That would throw a monkey wrench into the cheat system.

Edited by stardust4ever

You could use the MCP cart right now, to test all the hacks you want, as long as you hack the ROM's that RevEng posted, or they are not bankswitched. There is your Game Genie, right there. Make yourself a GUI to modify ROM's and just launch the upload from there. Voila.

Anyone who wants to play Sirius & Plutos on the MCP devcart with infinite lives, grab the ROM's from here..

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/225278-games-converted-to-the-mcp-devcart

And then use a HEX editor to change one byte in each game, to enable infinite lives.

Sirius: 0x1D212 = 0xAD

Plutos: 0x1D1C2 = 0xBD

Credit goes to Eckhard for the trainer modification.

• Like 1

I'm sorry friend.....I have Pluto's and Sirius already.....I was gonna buy extras, but my bills are really high this month....I'm saving for the new games in the making....please don't be upset with me....I should of replied sooner.....ill give my place in line to someone else who doesn't already have these awsone games.....thanks again, and sorry for not checking my PMS sooner.....I feel bad.....next time....peace be with you and you are appreciated ......✌

Finally. LOL

I really don't mind, but I don't like to be ignored with this kind of stuff. Thanks. :)

I understand...considering I already have these, it gives someone else a chance now.

Thanks for forgiving me.

Next time I won't keep u on hold like that.

Again, sorry.

I appreciate your great contributions to this community...

Pluto's and Sirius are some of the most graphically impressive for the 7800.

Whoever is getting these 2 masterpieces for the first time are definitely going to cherish them.

???????✌✌✌✌✌✌✌

Infinite lives in Sirius!? What? I dunno maybe I got 'em (Plutos and Sirius) swapped, but IMO Sirius is pretty dang easy. I've had it less than a week and just finished all four stages on the easy setting. I was using a typical Atari 2600 joystick, too, so no rapid fire outside of what the game offers through power ups. I've passed the first stage on the hard setting and will continue through it.
All Sirius is is a typical "bullet hell" shooter very similar to Burai Fighter on the NES. It's also very similar to another one of my favorite side scrollers, Subterranea, which I was playing on my 7800 right before Sirius.
Ima absolutely own this game. Plutos maybe not, but Ima OWN me some Sirius.