IGNORED

[LYNX] Rewritable Multigame Cartridge

jfmateos

¡Guauuuuu! Thank you very much for your video-review...

The instructions can be found in my website: http://www.vectrex.hackermesh.org/index.php/en/mvbd-mvmc-3/howto-burn-rom

If you select 512kb mode, the slots are combined in pairs: 0 and 8, 1 and 9, 2 and A, and so on.

If you write a 512kb in slot 0 it will also extend into slot 8... so be carefull; if you had a 256kb game in slot 8 it would be overwritten by the 512kb game.

thank you very much Gadgetuk

Thanks for producing this sweet multicart! It did cross my mind that you might be able to double the capacity on future models by adding an additional switch and a flash ROM twice the size. Just put the switch on the upper address line and 32 in 1 =O I haven't looked at the flash chip - what type did you use? I wonder if I could just remove the flash chip, replace with one twice as big and hack it to have 32 slots. Sorry, I shouldn't be hacking this stuff already - It's a great cart, but I just can't help myself lol. Thanks for creating this! Have you thought about doing a similar cart for other systems? I guess some of the others are more complex due to mapper type chips etc. Brilliant idea using the mountable drive though - I love it! I guess doing something like this on the neo geo would be possible - for development purposes. I am thinking that I could make 42 pin DIP adaptors, each with a flash ROM and a connector. Then each chip on a board could relatively easily be programmed (one at a time) using the PIC USB interface chip. Sure it would take me a while to program a neo cart but when developing, most of the time I guess I would be focused on the code on one chip at a time. I am sure there are better applications than the neo geo, just I've been trying to think of anything better than programming EPROMs in order to develop on the neo geo.

• Like 1

Yes doubling the capacity would be very easy, but not removing the current rom (because there are no more lines available), but adding a second rom.

The burner is already compatible with Vectrex, Watara/Supervision, Gamate and Atari Lynx.

Just now, the Atari 7800 (non-bankswitching) and Videopac (Odyssey 2) cartridges are in beta testing...and the Neo Geo Pocket and Gameboy are in prototype.

I don't own a Neo Geo, so cannot study it... but if someone want to suggest other systems I will pleased to consider it.

• Like 4

For game developers this is a very nice card. The burning time is about a minute and you can keep many different versions on it at the same time.

I have been syncing the graphics to the music all morning and one cycle takes just 5 minutes (edit - compile - burn - test).

The goal is to get the sync perfect on the Lynx and not on Handy or Mednafen.

It is so convenient compared to my previous ComLynx based solutions. Highly recommended :).

I received my Rewritable Multigame Cartridge and burner from the first batch order last week. All I can say is this ting is awesome. My only issues I've had with it is probably more my Win 7 setup than the actual cart. When I try writing games to fill the card up I can write more than 3 in a row after that the upload will fail every time. But if I unplug everything an wait 30 mins its good to go again. I currently have only 9 games on my card. Again my issue is most likely more to do with my PC than the actual card

This kit is awesome and I recommend everyone buy it asap. For the price you cant beat it.

jfmateos has done an outstanding job for the the Lynx community. I look forward to his other works.

I received my Rewritable Multigame Cartridge and burner from the first batch order last week. All I can say is this ting is awesome. My only issues I've had with it is probably more my Win 7 setup than the actual cart. When I try writing games to fill the card up I can write more than 3 in a row after that the upload will fail every time. But if I unplug everything an wait 30 mins its good to go again. I currently have only 9 games on my card. Again my issue is most likely more to do with my PC than the actual card

This kit is awesome and I recommend everyone buy it asap. For the price you cant beat it.

jfmateos has done an outstanding job for the the Lynx community. I look forward to his other works.

Are you using 64bit version or the 32bit version? I like know because I'm using windows 7 too.

General information: LX.NET reported me a problem using the burner with Windows 8.1. The burner is detected by te system, but after a few seconds it fails with a "device not working properly" message.

Dear LX.NET, today I have been able to replicate your issue with a Windows 8-64 bits system.... I think it is due to the system folder that Windows 8 creates automatically in every drive, but will investigate in further and keep you all informed.

Are you using 64bit version or the 32bit version? I like know because I'm using windows 7 too.

Mine is 64bit Win 7 but I have a lot of defaults turned off in my system for a number of programs i use. So again my issue is most likely do to my setup and not the actual cards.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear friends,

Unfortunately, the usb sockets for the burner have not arrived yet...

I have ordered them from a different provider using express shipping, but they won't arrive before the end of next week.

As soon as the sockets arrive I will report it here.

Thanks for your support and sorry for the inconvenience.

• Like 3