IGNORED

[LYNX] Rewritable Multigame Cartridge

jfmateos

Dear friends,

Finally the USB sockets for the burners arrived today, so the Lynx 16in1 cartridges will be ready to be sent next week.

I have already sent a mail to all of you in the second batch reservation list. Please, if you have not received this mail, let me know it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I've added the option into my utility and tested other size of ROMs. It looks like 256Kb EPYX type 'just work' without any issues. In order to get 128Kb ROMs working I use the mode in my util to convert 128Kb -> 256Kb (EPYX), then they work fine. Now has the 512Kb -> 512Kb (Mateos) option as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2auwo2drgka9bbg/ImageConvert.1.0.0.1.zip?dl=0

EDIT: Can I ask a question - how does the 512Kb thing work regards the rotary switch? For example I have a 512Kb game in the 0 slot, and that works. In slot 1 I have a 256Kb game and that works OK - this is NOT what I would have expected, I assumed that in 512Kb setting the first game would fill slots 0 (lower 256Kb) and slot 1 (upper 256Kb). Does 512Kb in the first slot mean that 0 and 8 are used?

Hi Guys

can someone post this converter?

I cannot get it from damn dropbox.....

greetings Walter

EDIT: Can I ask a question - how does the 512Kb thing work regards the rotary switch? For example I have a 512Kb game in the 0 slot, and that works. In slot 1 I have a 256Kb game and that works OK - this is NOT what I would have expected, I assumed that in 512Kb setting the first game would fill slots 0 (lower 256Kb) and slot 1 (upper 256Kb). Does 512Kb in the first slot mean that 0 and 8 are used?

Dear gadgetuk, when you select 512kb, slots 0 and 8 join together, as well as 1 and 9, 2 and A, and so on

Got mine in the post today but I'm having huge issues with it.

I followed all the directions, moved it to slot 0 and then plugged it into my computer. It was recognised and then automatically installed the drivers successfully. The file browser then opened ready for me to drop a ROM into. However, before I could do so it started disconnecting and reconnecting itself. This happened 2-3 times before it refused to reconnect again.

Since then I've tried it in four USB ports on my Windows 7 (64-bit) computer as well as on a Windows XP machine and nothing is being recognised.

Is there anything I can do or is this device broken?

I got mine over the weekend but unfortunately am having the same problems as marioweezer.

I'm using OSX and when I plug the device in it shows up for a bit. It then randomly disconnects and I get a notification that I haven't ejected it safely. If I get chance to drop a file onto it before the disconnect it just says preparing for copy but then disconnects.

Any pointers as to what I can do?

Thanks

Big thanks to jfmateos for helping me get this working. If you're using Windows 8.1 try the following:

1. Press the Start menu button and do a search for gpedit.msc
  2. Once you've done this follow the instructions at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-hardware/how-do-i-prevent-system-volume-information-files/815b0046-d631-4419-a43e-44083a3733f5?page=2
  3. You should now be able to connect the burner to your PC without it disconnecting

Boomah, check out the bottom of this page as it has some information about Macs - http://www.vectrex.hackermesh.org/index.php/en/mvbd-mvmc-3/faq-2. Does this help?