IGNORED

[LYNX] Rewritable Multigame Cartridge

jfmateos

RTFM (well its not existing but anyways)

.o file are designed for building the cartridge as well as sending them by comlynx to a lynx.

if you need a rom image you need lynxdir (or lynxer) to craete a rom image.

or you use a newer version of mod2lynx which outsputs lyx or lnx fiels directly.

or, much easier...

-> http://lynxdev.atari.org/blog/o2lyx_hack.xhtml

• 2 weeks later...

I also had the game file problem (that the directory was not empty when plugging in). I did all the tips and tricks for windows 8.1 in this thread but couldn't really get it to work reliably so I dug out my win XP laptop and screwed the rotary switch back and forth quite a few times and plugged the cart in half-way a few times and it started to work reliably. However I'm not 100% sure what did the trick at this time 'cause I never went back to test it on Win8.1

Anyways it's a really nice cart both for gaming and development (Thanks for your hard wor jfmatteos). Too bad I couldn't get Luchtenstein working on a real Lynx (I just wanted to see it IRL). I did the BLL conversion 128 -> 256 is there some other trick I'm not aware of?

Edited by Turbo Laser Lynx

OK, found lynxdir, converted mod to lynx, dropped to Mateos' cart, works !! Testing more, speed problems, coming out too slow, I will compose few MOD's for testing more.

Dont see the point. You can set the speed in the gui post-1929-0-04689400-1456257450_thumb.pngand the gui compiles the mod directly to an lnx image.post-1929-0-21122100-1456257459_thumb.png no need for lynxdir here... at least not in my version...

Edited by sage

Odd, I get mostly wrong speeds (too slow) even when using higher speeds. And outputs only .o file.

Help:

Easy to use Mod2Lynx converter and player
written and © by Björn Spruck 2007
based on LYNXMOD 1.41
© Copyright 1999 - 2002 Duranik
Erste Version: 14.04.1999
Letzte Änderung: 02.02.2002

Dont see the point. You can set the speed in the gui and the gui compiles the mod directly to an lnx image. no need for lynxdir here... at least not in my version...

Sage, the version from your homepage writes *.lmd and *.o but no *.lnx and *.lyx.

Am I doing something wrong?

Sage, the version from your homepage writes *.lmd and *.o but no *.lnx and *.lyx.

Am I doing something wrong?

No.

It seems the Flashcard version is newer, even so the version information is the same.

Maybe it was not released to the internet, because the positive responses were so .... inexistent.

• 2 weeks later...

for exemple luch3d.lnx

Don't pad it - just use 1.0.0.2 of my util (above), and chose 128Kb -> 256Kb BLL. Make sure the header is removed also. Then drag the output file to the flash cart.

Thank you for your great utility, Gadget!

However, like bdoi, I can not get Luchs3d.lnx to work with Mateos Flashcart. Other Homebrews work.

I tried all options with no success. Maybe this is because Luchs3d uses a 512kb scheme but its size is less than 128kb?

It works on Lynxmans cart with 512kb setting.

• Like 1

Dear twoface2, please try with the attached rom

I have taken the original lnx rom (from this thread), removed its 64 bytes header, padded up to 131072 bytes adding 35494 bytes at the end of the file, copied this 131072 block three times to get a 512kb file, added a fake 64bytes header at the begining of the file, and converted it with http://www.vectrex.hackermesh.org/alynxconverter/

It seems to work in my Lynx 2.

Best regards

56ded7abe9537Luchs3d.bin

• Like 2

BTW, old news, but when we were making the sound files for Joust on the Atari Jaguar I used this multicart to load Joust for the Lynx to record sound samples. I actually think the Lynx sound set was the closest Atari had for Joust on all the Atari systems and computers.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/235021-not-quite-dactyl/page-3?hl=+joust

• Like 1

I have taken the original lnx rom (from this thread), removed its 64 bytes header, padded up to 131072 bytes adding 35494 bytes at the end of the file, copied this 131072 block three times to get a 512kb file, added a fake 64bytes header at the begining of the file, and converted it with http://www.vectrex.hackermesh.org/alynxconverter/

Best regards

Thank you jfmateos, this one works. What exactly does your web-converter do? Just cut the header?

However, I was hoping to encourage GadgetUK to upgrade his useful offline converter ;-)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it does work with 128K -> 256Kb BLL if you don't pad the ROM!

GadgetUK, I took the luchs3d.lnx file, ran it through your ultility, and it still does not work on a Lynx 1 using the Mateos flash cart. I even used the remove header check box, and the 128kb -> 256Kb (BLL/Mateos) option. The problem is that the file size is 184Kb. Outside of padding the end of the file (which doesn't work), how can we get this or other homebrew roms to work on the real lynx hardware? I just got the McWill screen mod and am playing this thing all of the time!

I was able to get your port of Alien to work, but it is already the correct file size. Any help you can provide would be appreciated!

GadgetUK, I took the luchs3d.lnx file, ran it through your ultility, and it still does not work on a Lynx 1 using the Mateos flash cart. I even used the remove header check box, and the 128kb -> 256Kb (BLL/Mateos) option. The problem is that the file size is 184Kb. Outside of padding the end of the file (which doesn't work), how can we get this or other homebrew roms to work on the real lynx hardware? I just got the McWill screen mod and am playing this thing all of the time!

I was able to get your port of Alien to work, but it is already the correct file size. Any help you can provide would be appreciated!

Best regards

Please check jfmateos first post on this page. Download link is there.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...