IGNORED

Orlando: check out Gamers Inc

ulao

Hey guys, no affiliation here at all just dropped by the store and was pretty impressed. There retro collection was plenty and very well priced. I picked up a few items I didn't intend on buying. They had river raid, which I though was a rarity? Maybe I'm wrong or it was not the version I saw talked about before. Either way Highly recommended since the Flee mark is gone now. Hated buying at a flee market anyways...

https://www.facebook.com/GamersIncOrlando

Edited by ulao
  • Like 1

when i started my collection i thought the same thing about River Raid :) found out it's not rare (assuming you mean 2600) but still a great game & popular title for 2600 & can cost up to maybe $8 or so. so I was still happy with getting it for $3.

I had mistaken it with "Air Raid."

BTW, anybody ever traveling along the Oregon coast, be sure to stop in North Bend (sister-city to Coos Bay) to visit Recycle Video Games for a fantastic retro game selection. Prices for NES games are kinda steep but they have TONS of titles. one entire wall was literally STACKED with them & then I find there is another wall of them behind that!

But all games for pre-NES systems are $3 each so you can score some real goodies in there. sometimes they price up an Atari game or two (like Mario Bros or maybe something very rare) but mostly they don't take the time to research any of them. the owner said people have been donating them to her for years & she buys them so cheaply she doesn't care, she's making her $ with them. most are common anyway but she has like 15 moving boxes FULL of 2600 games! I went two different times & spent a total of about 6 hours searching through the Atari games :)

my best find was Beamrider $3. I can't wait to go back now that I have more experience collecting. at the time I was just going for whatever looked cool, or that I remembered from childhood.

they also had a RIDICULOUS amount of SNES & Genesis & N64 games.

the owner lady is also very funny & entertaining. She was making fun of me the whole time in a clever way that made me laugh. she's also a hardcore retro gamer & quick-witted, fast-thinking she seems to remember everybody & everything. She also claims her store has more retro games & systems than any other store in the country. sounds incredible but I really wouldn't be surprised.

anyway obviously I'm impressed. :thumbsup:

TPR, Same here, I called a lot of places before I found a store with 7800 games. I guess things changed over the years, when I was younger there was "a" place you went to. Most everything is over run by the net now. Stores like this remind me of life back then but times they are a change'n.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been to this store once and I felt that the prices were quite high. Guess I'll give it a second try.

I just went yesterday (it's about an hour away from me) and I was a little disappointed. The prices were very high for most of the retro items. The only thing I got that I thought was reasonable was a sealed Atari 7800 Meltdown for $10.

My son wanted a World of Nintendo Donkey Kong figure. They wanted $40 for it. On the way home we stopped at Toys R Us and he bought it for $15!

Edited by Noah98

I just went yesterday (it's about an hour away from me) and I was a little disappointed. The prices were very high for most of the retro items. The only thing I got that I thought was reasonable was a sealed Atari 7800 Meltdown for $10.

I remember looking through loose 7800 games there and they were asking $10 for Donkey Kong and $12 for Ms. Pac Man, so $10 for a sealed 7800 game seems like a steal from there.

My son wanted a World of Nintendo Donkey Kong figure. They wanted $40 for it. On the way home we stopped at Toys R Us and he bought it for $15!

Wow, that's a story!