IGNORED

FS NES REPRODUCTON CUSTOM MADE MULTI GAMES

carlo3do

Just FYI:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEGA-MAN-1-2-3-4-5-6-CASTLEVANIA-1-2-SUPER-MULTICART-NES-NINTENDO-BOXED-/201477814778?hash=item2ee90379fa:g:~TMAAOSwcBhWU16q

And he had a Mega Man 1-6 one for a while as well. I haven't purchased, cant' vouch for it, etc etc...but to me this is what a NES repro multi cart should be, and how much it should be.

Edited by GoldenWheels

Just FYI:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEGA-MAN-1-2-3-4-5-6-CASTLEVANIA-1-2-SUPER-MULTICART-NES-NINTENDO-BOXED-/201477814778?hash=item2ee90379fa:g:~TMAAOSwcBhWU16q

And he had a Mega Man 1-6 one for a while as well. I haven't purchased, cant' vouch for it, etc etc...but to me this is what a NES repro multi cart should be, and how much it should be.

Tempting... :)

I wonder if that is actually Mega man Games or Rockman games. I know they make a 6 in 1 rockman and that looks like a famicon converter on that board.

Since they added the two Castlevania games on there (which is bizarre to me, I get they're all all time greats but the franchises have zip to do with one another) doesn't that indicate some custom work? I've seen the Rockman multi too but never seen it with CV on it. Though with hack carts who knows what weird shit is already out there.

I wonder if that is actually Mega man Games or Rockman games. I know they make a 6 in 1 rockman and that looks like a famicon converter on that board.

I'm not sure about this exact one but the one I bought a few months ago was using the US Mega Man titles and rockboard was in english also. It was one of the larger 160 in 1s that still use a fami adapter on the inside. I was surprised to see the US titles vs the JPN titles. Maybe the pirates are starting to cater to the North American crowd a little more specifically now.

damn Shawn 30 bucks shipped...hmmm

I figured the guy in Europe was making them, not importing them. I had no idea ali had stuff like this.

Yep it's crushing the reproduction market. They are reproducing everything from multicarts, rares, translations, protos to retail commons even. Why someone would pay $20 for a repro of a $5 retail common is beyond me but if you want that, they will serve it up for you. Right now it's just for famicom, NES, SNES and Genesis. I would love to see them get into Atari cause that would mean they would make a new cart mold that we could use :)

I would love to see them get into Atari cause that would mean they would make a new cart mold that we could use :)

I want some nice colored shells for snes mainly but nes as well like retrozone uses. The only snes shells I seen was the snap together and I don't like them at all plus they cost too much for what they are.

I want some nice colored shells for snes mainly but nes as well like retrozone uses. The only snes shells I seen was the snap together and I don't like them at all plus they cost too much for what they are.

They sell colored SNES shells on aliexpress. I think you have to buy 5 or 10 at a time.

• 3 weeks later...

While my Megaman multicart is woefully stuck in German postal limbo, my 150-in-1 arrived earlier. I did a writeup on Nintendoage which attracted some attention. Here's a copy/paste of the original post:

My thoughts on the new 150-in-1 NES multicart...
Top-quality-150-in-1-Game-Cartridge-with
HTB1R2q2IpXXXXcZXXXXq6xXFXXX7.jpg

It's part of a series of new multicarts available direct from Aliexpress. I ordered a pair of NES carts with shiny new labels and bright red cases (one for me and one for a friend) and paid about $17 and some change a piece for them, or around $35 total with free international shipping. You can also them on reseller 'Bay where they typically go for around $50.

There are also 198-in-1, 340-in-1, and 400-in-1 multicarts available as well, presumably made by the same company, but it seems the higher the number, the less good games and the more crap filler. All of them except the 150-in-1 contain a fairly large number of poor quality unliscensed Chinese titles. The 150-in-1 skips these.

The game cart is largely filled with MMC3 titles along with a sprinkling of the best NROM games and some others likely converted or hacked over to MMC3. The games are largely arranged by series and genre starting with Rockman, so you don't have to hunt and peck around for games from your favorite series as the arrangement seems fairly logical and not haphazard. Tetris II is the same Tegnen version with the title screen removed that has appeared on countless other multicarts. You can't have an NES collection without some form of Tetris, and Tengen is my favorite version. Most of the "late great" unicorns are present as well, such as Little Samson, Flinstones 2, and others, with the notable absense of either Bubble Bobble and Bonk's Adventure. I would consider Bubble Bobble 1 & 2 as well as Bonk's Adventure to be required material, but I am nitpicking here.

Regardless, I'm honestly impressed with the amount and variety of games contained therein. Most of the must haves are there plus a fairly nice variety of obscure titles many gamers may not be aware of. Also each series of games featured is largely complete for the most part, with the notable absense of Castlevania III due to it's complex MMC5 mapper. There is even a Rockman board game available that was originally released only in Japan, translated to English for us to enjoy. I will definitely try it out sometime.

One thing that initially impressed me with this multicart is the inclusion of a save battery for one game, namely Kirby's Adventure, IMO one of the largest and most impressive platformers to grace the NES. Unfortunately that SRAM is also shared with other games, meaning that playing any other MMC3 game on the list which utilizes work RAM will essentially overwrite and erase Kirby's save data. This fact breaks my heart a bit, that all the effort the developer went through to include a save battery for Kirby's Adventure is wasted...

Selection of individual game versions leaves somewhat to be desired, as it seems haphazard as to which region of titles are included. A few games also have hacked title screen and some cheats or ROM tampering added. Super Mario Brothers 2 is clearly the PAL version. So is Parodius and Kirby's Adventure it seems, and quite possibly others as well. PAL games generally play fine but can be sensed by the increased tempo and sharp pitch of the game music. Parodius can be forgiven since the Famicom version used a custom Konami mapper and was never released stateside; however the others seem to be odd choice for inclusion with available NTSC ROMs with standard mapper.

Super Mario Bros 3 has much of the title screen removed and is actually a hack of the Japanese version with item select code and infinite time for starman. To select an item, press B to pull up the item menu and then hit SELECT to change the first item to whatever you want it to be. One caveat to this is that Nintendo put some anti-cheat measures into Super Mario Bros 3. If you defeat Bowser with the starman, the game will get stuck and not allow you to enter the Princess Chamber to view the ending credits. Similar side effects occur when using a Game Genie to cheat on the US version.

Turtles I has an odd glitch present as well. It is based on the Japanese port "Geki Kame Ninja Den" (Ledgend of the Radical Ninja Turtles) and has a Level Select code built into the title screen. Unfortunately the hackers broke the "Turtles I" ROM somewhat so that it runs flawlessly on NOAC clone hardware (tested on my Super Retro Trio) but has graphical glitches on a real NES or Famicom.

I hope you guys liked my little mini write up. The new 150-in-1 is brand new and has a build date of 2015 on the splash screen along with some line art ripped from Paper Mario. The menu has music and displays preview graphics from each of the 150 games. I give it a B- grade overall, which is extremely high marks for a pirate multicart. It would be considered perfect if only Kirby's Adventure save was not corrupted by other games using the save data as work RAM, and PAL region or hacked title versions of game ROMs were not chosen for inclusion.

UPDATE: Added two screenshots of the title screen and menu.
306325E5-EB67-BBA6-4C5A1E6504E5ACFE.png
30663C9E-F549-C5E5-2251B0681481D075.png

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=157123

• Like 2

While my Megaman multicart is woefully stuck in German postal limbo, my 150-in-1 arrived earlier. I did a writeup on Nintendoage which attracted some attention. Here's a copy/paste of the original post:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=157123

What a bunch of pretentious elite responses to your well written and informative post :roll:. Sorry to see your great review shit on like that by a bunch of whiners. :sad:

• Like 1

Yeah, somebody toss the word "repro" or "bootleg" or "multicart" around over there and everyone gets their panties tied in knots...

Funny thing is with all the peddling of repros going on over at Nintendoage, some of which can be imported cheaply, I don't see how they get up in arms because of a little multicart. I absolutely understand that single cart repros of rare games are a no-no, but the multicart with it's shiny red case is by no means pretending to be an authentic period release.

Funny thing is with all the peddling of repros going on over at Nintendoage, some of which can be imported cheaply, I don't see how they get up in arms because of a little multicart. I absolutely understand that single cart repros of rare games are a no-no, but the multicart with it's shiny red case is by no means pretending to be an authentic period release.

Wrong, they are perfectly ok with reproductions of Nintendo World Championships. The site is filled with hypocrites. They say Repro of rare games is wrong yet turn right around and say stuff like NWC is ok because it is limited.... Dumbasses can't see the hypocrisy in that. Basically that site is like a cult in which they "want" to decide what can and can't be done and it be on their terms.

At any rate I blame them for what has happened. They have been the pioneers in posting all the information needed to do what they don't want done. They helped do nothing but cause what they don't want. I did not want repros but it is what it is. The times have changed and technology has changed.

Here's another writeup with detailed info on the games:

http://s4.zetaboards.com/PGC_Forums/single/?p=8161849&t=10357951

I googled the text on the title screen,

shenzhen spritemind software co ltd

and very few results popped up. Funny how out of the two other screenshots I have since found online, both have Sonic on the splash screen, whereas mine has Mario.

I'm gonna attempt to dump the menu with my copyNES...

EDIT: Well I tried. Super 150-in-1 Menu. Graphics are FUBAR. I give up. :dunce:

Super 150-in-1 Menu b1.zip