IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - April 7th 2015

Pixelboy

Ahh, that would explain the polish. But it started out as a homebrew title, correct?

Probably. I'm not sure which version came out first, to be honest. :)

EDIT: Armando asked me to set the record straight about Majikazo:

1) The first version of Majikazo made was the MSX version. The ZX Spectrum version came next, and the ISX/iOS version came later.

2) Majikazo isn't a direct MSX port. It's 100% recoded for the ColecoVision, with all the best of the old versions, with a coin-op feeling/style, some new graphics and customs features.

• Like 1

Just a couple of quick updates:

- Beta-testers for Caos Begins and Majikazo have been selected. For the other games, I will select beta-testers gradually over the next few weeks.

- I'm down to my very last copy of Gulkave. I also have only one copy left in stock of Star Force, Destructor SCE and The Black Onyx.

Answering the call for comments re: Majikazo... WOW! A true work of art and gameplay mechanics! Seriously. I just popped the ROM into my AtariMax Ultimate, and I am super impressed with:

• gameplay
  • fun-ness of game, and
  • talented orchestration of digital music!

It's like Gauntlet meets Mr. Do meets Pengo! Yet with all of its own originality for sure!

I'm also blown away by the bitchin' bass notes banged out by (presumably) the Yamaha sound chip in the SGM. It absolutely makes me think that this would be the next-gen video game for the Super ColecoVision in 1985... :D :thumbsup:

Oh... as for the title screen(s), man, that's a seriously difficult decision! I had to ask my wife to come in and watch some gameplay, then we talked it over. We decided that the first title screen is the one. 1) Because it's more representative of each character in the game. 2) Because it's more of a traditional marquee-style/attract mode screen, which is very arcade-like. I will say that the drawn artwork of the Majikazo character is indeed terrific. Perhaps this artwork could be used in an intermission or in the end credits.

Thanks all involved for the 5-screen demo. Totally awesome!

• Like 1

Good news! The author of Majikazo has stated that both title screens will remain in the final version of the game, as there's enough room on the cart to keep them both with a little bit of room to spare.

So the voting aspect of this thread is now defunct. :)

• Like 1

Star raiders is a great game. Very doable on coleco as it already has the keypad built in. The scaling sprites is doable too. I already have a technique that would work well. I don't know of anyone working on it though.

Would you buy chance know if donkey Kong was finished yet. Ive been checking out the website for it but it says theyre still beta testing. And is it technically possible that a star raiders type of game work on the colecovision regardless of the processing speed?

Would you buy chance know if donkey Kong was finished yet. Ive been checking out the website for it but it says theyre still beta testing.

You mean DK Arcade? You should post your question here.

And is it technically possible that a star raiders type of game work on the colecovision regardless of the processing speed?

It's quite possible. But while I do think that we need a Star Raiders / Star Master / Phaser Patrol on the ColecoVision, I can't help wondering if it could be done a little differently, just to put a little originality into the formula. I for one would enjoy commanding a big @$$ flagship like the Battlestar Galactica, where you could dispatch fighters, or operate defensive close-range canons, or program space torpedoes for long-range attacks on enemy flagships. Some micro-management of repair teams and other types of onboard personel would also be a nice touch. :)

And would you have a copy of subroc super game

I have already answered that question in port #57 above.

I spent hours on Star Raider 2 on Atari ST back in time. I just see that a Atari 8bit version of the 2 exists also.

Would be nice on Colecovision. But not trivial to do, if you want reproduce the same kind of graphical effect.

I have Star Raider (Brand new CIB with the keypad in bundle) for Atari 2600 . But having played on the ST before that version, i have to admit Graphism are too rudimentary , i didn't got the same "immersion" effect.