IGNORED

Veronica preorder

Simius

Tests are ended. It is time to start preorder.

Features:

W65C816 processor with 64kB system RAM, clocked synchronously with fixed 8xAtari clock (14.1876, 14,252 or 14.318MHz)

Data transfer between two 32kB switchable memory banks

Details: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/164097-project-veronica/

White or black case for your choice.

Price: US$89 +US$10 shipping

post-26134-0-85017900-1428432944_thumb.jpg

post-26134-0-32297700-1428432950_thumb.jpg

Coooool stuff.

I'd like one. Black. (Two if one of them could work in the right cart of an Atari 800).

I can't believe I'm the first person to reply.

I have to mention, the Veronica cart is too wide to fit in an 800.

I would like to order a white one can you sell a loose black case as extra option ?

Of course. Even with additional label. It will cost 2USD.

Why only 64kB? Because of:

1. economy

2. sense

I think, that 64kB system RAM plus 32kB banked RAM is enough to create in real time more data than Atari can handle in real time, in this configuration.

If somebody have a concept how to use more RAM, I am ready to try to increase available resources. On the next boards. :)

Edited by Simius

Can you describe the differences if any between the production and the earlier version some people got hold of?

Also a suggestion - I'd just settle on a config e.g. Ram amount and stick with it. Having incompatability issues would just alienate early adopters.

I think, that 64kB system RAM plus 32kB banked RAM is enough to create in real time more data than Atari can handle in real time, in this configuration.

If somebody have a concept how to use more RAM, I am ready to try to increase available resources. On the next boards. :)

I can think of one. If you use the Veronica cart to render the screen for a game with many different animated software sprites and backgrounds, you naturally want all the graphics data on the Veronica board. The more memory you have the more different graphics and animation frames you can use,

Robert

• Like 2

I can think of one. If you use the Veronica cart to render the screen for a game with many different animated software sprites and backgrounds, you naturally want all the graphics data on the Veronica board. The more memory you have the more different graphics and animation frames you can use,

Robert

That is a very valid point. Okay, IFF Veronika is fast enough to shift the soft-sprites then 64k would be okay. However, if they should be stored pre-shifted 64k is not much.

I hope there will be a 2nd production run. ATM I have no time for this so I won't pre-order now. :(

• Like 1

Can you describe the differences if any between the production and the earlier version some people got hold of?

Also a suggestion - I'd just settle on a config e.g. Ram amount and stick with it. Having incompatability issues would just alienate early adopters.

Memory map is the same, although realized in a different way. I don't expect any incompatibility. If, despite this (nobody's perfect), some will disclose, will be deleted. Anyhow.

Within a few days I try to make a memory block schematic in order to explain the differences.