IGNORED

Favorite Atari 2600 commercial ever?

Nutsy Doodleheimer

Love 'em all! And every_single_one of them made me want a 2600 and the games that_much_more! :love:

But since you asked, kinda get goosebumps with the Jr. rollout... only fitty bux?!

Solaris and Midnight Magic… r u f'n kidding me? Still draw wood from that shit… :rolling:

The fun is back!!!!!! I think that came out when the 7800 was just released.

@Retrogamer... funny you bring up the 7800's release with the Jr. Don't believe I ever saw a single 7800 commercial ever. In fact, trying to remember here, but don't believe I even knew the 7800 existed until I saw a bulk stack of them at Montgomery Ward's BITD. And that's only because I was just hired to sell electronics there! :lol:

Don't recall seeing any 7800's at Toys R Us either, although I do remember seeing the XEGS proudly on display there.

Vanguard's amazing, and "The Fly" is a total trip. That Joust one is most definitely disturbing. All of those "mature" MTV ads were strange, even the Pole Position one.

Even though it's only 1/3 of the commercial, something about Don Knotts makes me adore that Breakout spot. I love me some Don Knotts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dbZ-nrshkY

The Mario Bros. one gets stuck in my head to this day. "Something's gumming up the plumbing, poor Luigi's in a bind..."

(It's set to the "Car 54, Where Are You?"'s theme song, so when my wife and I recently watched a "Car 54" marathon on some TV station, we'd loudly rattle off the Mario lyrics over the tune every damn time it played.)

Edited by mikey.shake
  • Like 1

Vanguard's amazing, and "The Fly" is a total trip. That Joust one is most definitely disturbing. All of those "mature" MTV ads were strange, even the Pole Position one.

Even though it's only 1/3 of the commercial, something about Don Knotts makes me adore that Breakout spot. I love me some Don Knotts.

The Mario Bros. one gets stuck in my head to this day. "Something's gumming up the plumbing, poor Luigi's in a bind..."

(It's set to the "Car 54, Where Are You?"'s theme song, so when my wife and I recently watched a "Car 54" marathon on some TV station, we'd loudly rattle off the Mario lyrics over the tune every damn time it played.)

"You can't keep me in here Atari!!!!!" Love that one! Forgot about the Mario Bros. One that's a great one! Luigi making Mario do all the hard work lol.

• Like 1

quote name="BassGuitari" post="3218728" timestamp="1429044329"]Although it's not technically Atari, my favorite is the early commercial for the Sears Video Arcade with the wall of TVs with the different games all going at once and the guy explaining what cartridges are. :-D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zjX2gGz8NhM

Hahaha!! Man that guy's electric bill Is going to be jacked. Damn 1 console played on a ton of tvs. How many splitters does this console have lol! I love to get my hands on a Sears Heavy Sixer. I actually like them better than the Atari's. I like the walnut grain and the silver on the cart slot panel.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...