IGNORED

Delta Space Arena on Cartridge

peteym5

Today I am proud to announce that Delta Space Arena is available on cartridge for $39.95 from Video61. This game has many challenging levels and lots of action. Can be played on an Atari 400/800 with 16k, 600XL 16k, to a 130XE with 128k. Can be played on both Pal and NTSC computers. It is done in a classic Atari brown shell case and packaged in a clam shell. Label art included.

http://members.tcq.net/video61/dsa.html

• Like 2

We have a new game available for Atari 8-Bit Computers at Video 61! DELTA SPACE ARENA was programmed by Peter J. Meyer who worked on Tempest Extreme and Venture for the Atari 8-Bit Computer.

When we started working on the game we wanted something that would really be reflective of the early Atari 8-Bit era on 16k cartridges. We wanted to make a game that really reflected that "1981 Atari" look and feel of a great game on a very limited amount of memory. I used to love to play Asteroids! I wanted something that felt a lot like Asteroids and brought you back to that era, especially with the sound effects. So that's what we came up with, a very good looking game, lots of sound effects and lots of playability. One of the testers played it up past level 70! It's one of those great games that always keeps you coming back.

Game Description: Nearly 300 years into the future, you are selected to undergo space fighter training against robot ships. There will be many types of ships to destroy. But, watch out, because they can destroy you as well! You can obtain some power-ups for your ship, but avoid the "K" power-up. It will destroy your ship!

More on Delta Space Arena: http://members.tcq.n...ideo61/dsa.html

The game is $39.95 and includes the cartridge in a clam shell packaging. Please visit my website: http://www.AtariSales.com or call me at (651) 462-2500 with any questions.

Thanks,

Lance

PS - There's a little more commentary in the video below:

post-10-0-97154100-1428446030_thumb.jpg

post-10-0-77521600-1428446065_thumb.jpg

post-10-0-52817400-1428446074_thumb.jpg

post-10-0-88392200-1428446081_thumb.jpg

post-10-0-85397100-1428446091_thumb.jpg

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
22735 Congo St. NE, Stacy, MN 55079
651-462-2500

• Like 4

When we started working on the game we wanted something that would really be reflective of the early Atari 8-Bit era on 16k cartridges. We wanted to make a game that really reflected that "1981 Atari" look and feel of a great game on a very limited amount of memory. I used to love to play Asteroids! I wanted something that felt a lot like Asteroids and brought you back to that era, especially with the sound effects. So that's what we came up with, a very good looking game, lots of sound effects and lots of playability. One of the testers played it up past level 70! It's one of those great games that always keeps you coming back.

Very nice... Old school all the way. Can't wait to play this on one of my 400s or unmodified 600XLs...

I will be picking this up when I have a little extra cash.

Edited by adam242

Is it immediately available? I have a booth at VCF East on the 18th and 19th and might just pick this up for all to play if I can get it in time.

-Pete

Is this event in New Jersey? It may generate some interest. We have been looking for people to demonstrate these programs at conventions and expos. You will need to contact Video61 and see what kind of deal you can strike with reselling games.

Is this event in New Jersey? It may generate some interest. We have been looking for people to demonstrate these programs at conventions and expos. You will need to contact Video61 and see what kind of deal you can strike with reselling games.

It is in NJ, and it is this weekend. I'd be happy to demo the cart for you, but you would need to get it to me by Friday of this week. There is no direct selling allowed on the show floor, but I can certainly mention where to buy it.

It is in NJ, and it is this weekend. I'd be happy to demo the cart for you, but you would need to get it to me by Friday of this week. There is no direct selling allowed on the show floor, but I can certainly mention where to buy it.

Were you able to present the game in New Jersey over the weekend? I am going to see if I can get the game presented in Portland Retro Gaming Expo, and Seattle Retro Gaming Expo. I would have to find someone to present the game in Houston as well if they are going to another show this year.

post-3523-0-79981300-1429668493_thumb.jpg

I did show it and people did play it. However, the crowd was a quite diverse bunch and I didn't meet any other active 8-bit users other than the couple of other Atari related exhibitors.

People seemed to enjoy it, but I don't think I was able to generate any sales for you.

• Like 1

For those of you that are still weary about buying this game on cartridge, I am at this time re-releasing the 4-level demo that shows some of the later modifications made before the cartridge version was release. Some of the enemies move faster and different rates. When running in NTSC is has a 1/6 frame delay so the game runs the same on NTSC, PAL, and SECAM. This demo functions the same as the cartridge. The Demo is also available here. http://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=7046

DELTA_SPACE_ARENA_DEMO.zip

Edited by peteym5
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Were you able to present the game in New Jersey over the weekend? I am going to see if I can get the game presented in Portland Retro Gaming Expo, and Seattle Retro Gaming Expo. I would have to find someone to present the game in Houston as well if they are going to another show this year.

I can make a display for it at SRGE this year, assuming SRGE happens (I'm beginning to have doubts...)

• 3 weeks later...

I changed the rates at which things move inside the game to make it more challenging. Some of the baddies you seen in the demo do not appear until higher levels so their introduction is more spread out. The cartridge has many more arena types and plays continuous until you run out of ships (lives).

• Like 1