I thought i'd post some pics of the Atari Lynx themed night i organized at this months @RetroTuesday club meet-up as i know people appreciate ComLynxing. Got a few Melbourne Lynx collectors together for some ComLynx action as well as introducing McWill's fantastic LCD and VGA mod to fellow Lynx lovers :)

The biggest surprise of the night is just how SUPERB the Lynx graphics look up on a projector! :-o Everyone was blown away! The pics really don't do it any justice. This served great for Single Player BMX High Score challenges on the big screen :) As always, full 6-player Checkered Flag and 8-Player Slime World's were the favourite of the night.

Here's a bit of a write up on each pic (hope this works with same alignment as posting...)

post-4088-0-21479600-1428506856_thumb.jpg

Pic 1 - Lynx Display: I set-up my Lynx hardware and accessories for show & tell. As a side note, after a decade + of owning both CIB Atari Lynx Battery Packs (behind the Lynx Display Unit), i notice they are different language variants :-D

post-4088-0-20789800-1428506909_thumb.jpg

Pic 2 - Lynx tub: I brought with me my Lynx library, though most were untouched as everyone wanted to ComLynx.

post-4088-0-90334900-1428506970_thumb.jpg

Pic 3 - ComLynx sets: i never take my Lynx's anywhere without packing these essential ComLynx sets ;) I'm just lucky to have picked all these up when they were being sold at ridiculously low prices!

post-4088-0-04685400-1428507147_thumb.jpg

Pic 4 - Lynx screens VS: a comparison pic of Checkered Flag running on a classic Lynx II screen (on the Left) vs McWill's LCD modded Lynx II (on the Right). Pictures SERIOUSLY DO NOT DO THIS JUSTICE!

post-4088-0-13544400-1428507276_thumb.jpg

Pic 5 - Lynx VGA: taking turns at California Games BMX on the projector. The picture quality was better than anyone could have hoped for!

post-4088-0-62253900-1428507465_thumb.jpg

Pic 6 - Slime World: a close up of McWill's LCD screen modded Lynx II. Isn't she beautiful?!... :lust:

post-4088-0-66197300-1428507670_thumb.jpg

Pic 7 - 8P Slime World: Love, love, love this game in full 8 player ComLynx mode! Unfortunately, one guy keeps winning every time we link-up (and he doesn't even own the game :lol: ). We also tried out the Competitive mode (3?) for the first time and i was waaaay in the lead... until someone's power adapter cord came out and it froze the network :mad:

post-4088-0-61686500-1428507896_thumb.jpg

Pic 8 - Lynx 6P Checkered Flag: I claimed 1st spot again in 6P mode (no drones). This is the ONLY car racing game that i am any good at - retro or current systems! I just love the simplicity of it: Left, Right, go, stop. It doesn't need to get any more complicated than that! :)

post-4088-0-63249300-1428508056_thumb.jpg

Pic 9 - BMX Bandit: This is, without a doubt, the best i have ever gone in the BMX challenge on California Games! While the High Score of 415 may not be the highest ever, i don't think i've ever seen so many seconds left in the bag (over half a minute) after crossing the finish line! Does anyone have their scores and (especially) time left recorded for comparisons sake? I'm really curious as to how the hell i got that - especially considering i had 3 other players trying to crash into me from the start :-D

That's it. Hope you enjoyed seeing them. If anyone has pics to share of any of their ComLynx events/party's i would love to check them out! :)

• Like 6

Serb. I come to Mel from UK about once or twice every 5 yrs. Next time I'm out there We'll have to hook up for some comlynx action!

It's a ComLynx date! ;) Just send me a PM a few weeks before you head down and i'll call the lads to hook-up « we're always looking for an excuse to flop out our favourite handhelds :grin:

You had a great party, thanks for sharing :)

De nada ;)

Freakin' fantastic mate.

Thanks mate! It was probably the best/most fun ComLynx'ing i've ever had! Just so many mates getting together having a blast and made even better by high score comps on the big screen thanks to McWill! :)

Wish I still lived in Melbourne!

Don't worry mate - I'm planning a big event in Melbourne early next year. Will give you plenty of notice beforehand. It will be worth the visit 'down under' ;)

And thanks for all the positive comments guys. I'm glad to see so many others enjoy the ComLynx scene as much as I do. :)

• Like 1

After how much I played my Lynx when I first got it (which was A LOT), I'm amazed at the realization that I still only scratched the surface of what this machine is capable of. ComLynx is another level of play that I never even touched due to how few Lynx's there were out there. This looks like a blast!

Let me add, that the multi-cart (when available) will make ComLynx'ing even more available. I can't wait!

Edited by jbserra
  • Like 1

After how much I played my Lynx when I first got it (which was A LOT), I'm amazed at the realization that I still only scratched the surface of what this machine is capable of. ComLynx is another level of play that I never even touched due to how few Lynx's there were out there. This looks like a blast!

Let me add, that the multi-cart (when available) will make ComLynx'ing even more available. I can't wait!

Absolutely (on both counts)!! Most people i know that have or have had a Lynx have never experienced in ComLynxed (even in 2P). Its so great to see them (owners and newbies alike) enjoy the multiplayer on Lynx. It's especially cool talking to people at our larger events who had and loved the Lynx but never even knew it could link-up. :) And as you say, when the muti-cart becomes available, this will take it to a whole new level!

How early next year for the big event? I'm in Oz at start of the year, am I going to be to early?? :o

I was looking at mid-Jan. SEND ME A PM! I would LOVE to catch up (and you would seriously love this)! ;)

It was an awesome night (yet again). Serblander's Lynx setup was a sight to behold. More pics of the night/event can be seen here

Thanks :) Love the run down of the nights events and can't wait for the next one!

So cool, I cannot express the amount of cool-ness this is. This should happen worldwide. We must start a Lynx group play revolution, NOW!

Cool :D Agreed :) and that's pretty much what we've started down here (in Melbourne) for the past few years. ;)

Now i'm looking to make it more regular as well as get new members/Lynx fans and current owner/new blood to grow it.