IGNORED

Sacred Line Genesis - Limited Edition [Sealed & Signed] - BEST OFFER

sasha_darko

I had asked Fonzie to print more boxed copies, but that's not gonna happen. So yeah, 100 copies only were made and it will stay that way.

I don't get this... If there is high demand, then why is "Fonzie" preventing more from being made?

Edited by rhcocker

Ask him. He said something like "limited edition should stay limited". He's not preventing it, he's responsible for manufacturing and without him there wouldn't be any boxed edition at all. Initially it was BITS only.

Also, demand is not high, really.

Edited by sasha_darko

I don't get this... If there is high demand, then why is "Fonzie" preventing more from being made?

Ask him. He said something like "limited edition should stay limited". He's not preventing it, he's responsible for manufacturing and without him there wouldn't be any boxed edition at all. Initially it was BITS only.

Also, demand is not high, really.

I think the main problem is Watermelon way underestimated how many Limited editions they needed. They played it safe with 100 (a number that will surely sell out) but it sold out in like an hour, I know, I tried to get one and am on the direct email list for their releases, lol.

They advertised it as only 100 made ever and they have to stick to it now...with a release like this (more of a graphic novel) this is what I would guess based on the game itself, watermelon games collectability and the overall market for Genesis homebrews...

100 copies - instant sell out (as shown) leaves high demand for "bit box" release

250 copies - would sell out but everyone who is a sega collector would have time to get one, re sellers would take care of the "slack" soon enough. Demand for bit box release would be lower, but still present since not everyone buys LE and many collectors (myself included) often buy every available version of games

500 copies - would take a long time to sell out, resellers would ponder buying it at all, bit box demand would go way down but still be present. Many collectors would "delay" purchasing it at all assuming it will be available for a long time

1000 copies - hardly a limited edition at this number and likely not even cost effective to make a bit box version at all

My opinion, the magic number for the Limited edition should have been around the 250 mark. 100 was too "safe" and just leaves angry collectors, lol