IGNORED

Atari ST Review magazine archive

A wonderful collection and really enjoying them, many thanks for all the hard work in getting them out there on the net, a real achievement fella :)

Anyone looking for some great ST magazines these are well worth a look.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd forgotten about this magazine- I definitely bought it off and on for a year or two. I love that someone filled in the survey in issue 1!

I'd been wondering for a while where I read about this device, that was shown in issue 1:

post-39360-0-93384000-1429946818_thumb.jpg

I was and still am tempted to build my own ;)

Thanks!

It certainly looks an interesting device.

With regards to the survey pages in issue 1, I have fixed these so the survey is now blank and will be reloading the issue 1 PDF on the website in a bit. I am also going to optimize the PDF so it will be a bit smaller but still be a good quality.

ISSUE 02 UPDATED: Anyone read through issue 02 yet? I did today and page 86 didn't turn out to be 86! The PDF I had available is missing 2 pages which I hadn't scanned.

I have now scanned the missing pages (82 & 83) and recreated the PDF file. I have also OCR'd the new version so that it contains selectable text rather than just scanned images. The updated PDF is now available on the website.

ISSUES UPDATED: Due to a request, issues on the website (that are currently available) up to and including issue 14 have been reloaded as OCR'd PDF versions so they now have searchable text in them. icon_biggrin.gif I will be updating the others over the weekend.

ISSUES UPDATED: I have now re-uploaded the remainder of the PDFs (currently available on the website) which contain text now. They are now bigger though. I have not OCR'd issue 34 as it doesn't want to play nice. I will need to look at this issue next week.

DISK UPDATED: I have checked disk 2 from issue 06 and found that the file JAMES.ACC was in the root of the floppy. It should have been in the JAMES12 folder. I have now uploaded a correct MSA for this disk.

I have also added a content summary at the top of the Cover Disk download page to help with checking what is on each disk.

• Like 1

NEW ISSUE: Thanks to spiny (on atari-forums.com), who posted me a copy of issue 08, I have now scanned and uploaded the PDF to the website.

Atari%20ST%20Review%20-%20Issue%2008%20%

FEATURES in Issue 08:
30 UNDER THE MAGNIFYING GLASS
We take a close look at Atari's new dream machine, the Falcon 030.
36 GET ORGANISED
Looking for something for the person who has everything? You could do far worse than a personal organiser. In the first of a two-part round-up, we look at seven of the best with prices to suit every pocket.
42 COPYCATS
The ST may be a wonderful machine, but there are times when we'd all appreciate the facilities of a PC or a Macintosh without trading in our current machine. Emulators offer the perfect solution - but which is the best of the bunch? We compare a range of these little gems and give you our opinion.
48 CHANGE OF KEY
And if emulators aren't enough, take a look at the DEKA keyboard interface which allows you to use one of the many excellent PC keyboards currently available.
52 CHRISTMAS BELLES
We're in seasonal mood with a round-up of the best buys for Christmas. If you're having trouble with your Christmas shopping list, our tips should point you in the right direction.
55 LOOKING TO THE FUTURE
The lnsite Floptical Disk Drive is the latest alternative to the good old floppy. But how does it stand up to tried and tested methods of data storage? We find out...
57 ON-LINE LETTERS
Conventional fax machines are all very well, but wouldn't you like one that you can run straight from your favourite word processor or DTP package? Enter the TKR Fax Modem.

• 4 weeks later...

NEW ISSUE: Issue 24 has now been scanned and uploaded to my website. Thanks to catmando for the missing pages.

Atari%20ST%20Review%20-%20Issue%2024%20%

FEATURES
6 ST REVIEW NEWSDESK
The latest news about Atari, a stunning sound system for the jaguar and new releases from Hi Soft and CGS.
10 UPDATE
Keep on top of the latest changes to your programs.
12 UP AND RUNNING…
Ofir Gal takes you through the installation process for our cover disk program, Calligrapher Professional…
14 CALLIGRAPHER TUTORIAL
…and Nial Grimes presents our first tutorial!
16 PIX OF THE CROP
As PixArt hits the UK market, David Howell and Keith Berry give it the once over.
20 THINK ABOUT IT...
Andrew Wright examines a brand new planning tool…
25 SCROLL ON!
ST Review gives you a sneak preview of HiSoft's Papyrus!
26 PHOTO FINISH
Maurice Collins fires up the Pro version of Photo Show…
29 RIGHT ON
Exclusive preview of Compo's long-awaited That's Write 3.
30 GEM OF A VIEW
Is Gem View 3 the only file converter you'll ever need?
Nial Grimes thinks so…
35 STRAIGHT AND NARROW
Straight talking on STraight FAX! with Ofir Gal.
39 NEXT MONTH
Find out what we've got in store for you next issue…
40 MIDI MONTHLY
Kevin Pawsey reviews Clarity Falcon and a brand new piano sound module from Roland.
44 THROUGH THE KEYHOLE
Rombo under the microscope this month…
50 READERS' OFFERS
A host of goodies for you at t
he right prices!
53 SUBSCRIPTIONS
Subscribe now and get one of our excellent free gifts!
58 GRAHAM GOOCH CRICKET OFFER
Get the follow-up to Graham Gooch World Class Cricket.
64 BOOK OFFERS
Check out lain Laskey's reviews of three Kuma books, the ST Review booklist and manuals from previous cover disks.
66 PD ZONE
Nial Grimes looks at his disks of the month and the latest in the public domain for pictures, utilities and the Falcon.

Only 1 more issue (issue 5) to go and this will be the complete set. icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.chillichai.com/atari-st-review

• 3 months later...

For those interested, I am in the process of creating a full archive of the Atari ST Review (UK) magazines. There were 35 issues and I could not find them on the Internet.

I have purchased most issues and I am scanning and uploading them as PDF files available on my website:

ATARI%20ST%20REVIEW%20logo.jpg?height=76

http://www.chillichai.com/atari-st-review

Enjoy.

How to make a guy feel old!

I WAS that deputy editor!

• Like 5