IGNORED

aprils fool?

sage

Sage,

that's some great stuff! Was thinking along the same way for Slime World since my post a few days ago.
But i haven't had any time to look into it yet :(

I did try out your editor but it seems I'm unable to save any game ROM since the level maker is depending on an old BorlandC compiler DLL (CC3270.DLL) which i don't have atm.

• 2 months later...

Just gave it a quick run, here some tips for others who want to try it:

Edited by EvilActivity

• 1 month later...

if I put all levels in, somebody might start to sell it. Thus one level per ROM. Makes it uninteresting for pirates.

Hi sage,

Why don't you release a cart with all the levels on? I'm sure you'll have plenty of takers and that way you don't have to release the Rom. karri has been working on a programmable Lynx cart ;)

If you do I'd buy a copy.

I would hate to think piracy would prevent this from happening.

Rgds

BadPricey

• Like 1

Hi sage,

Why don't you release a cart with all the levels on? I'm sure you'll have plenty of takers and that way you don't have to release the Rom.

I dont see the argument. How many levels do you think will be needed for enough takers to make i reasonable?

> karri has been working on a programmable Lynx cart ;)

And what do I do with my stock of EEPROMs and PCBs then? Throw them away?

I dont see the argument. How many levels do you think will be needed for enough takers to make i reasonable?

> karri has been working on a programmable Lynx cart ;)

And what do I do with my stock of EEPROMs and PCBs then? Throw them away?

Enough levels to make it a worthwhile purchase.

I'm not yet at the required level of mind reading over great distances and have no idea you have carts and eeproms.

Doesn't bother me if you release it or not but it was just an idea, sorry if I offended you.

Enough levels to make it a worthwhile purchase.

Which is? 10, 50, 100?

Send me 50 levels and I create a ROM for you. No problem. Creating the ROM is not much work (anymore).

But creating and test playing 50 levels just for a few takers is no fun. Maybe by the end of the year I have enough levels available.

>I'm not yet at the required level of mind reading over great distances and have no idea you have carts and eeproms.

>Doesn't bother me if you release it or not but it was just an idea, sorry if I offended you.

Yust want to point out that there is no reason to wait for Karris solution as there are several people who have the infrastructure to build cards themself ... _if the want_.