IGNORED

Sio2SD.xex on an 800

telengard

Never used it with the older machines.

In theory the loader might be incompatible but this is the first I've heard of such a problem.

Are you running a recent firmware version?

Pretty sure I am running the latest. The version of the sio2sd.xex is definitely the latest, 3.5. I wonder if there is something in one of the config files that maybe is keeping it from working after using it on other machines?

Isn't SIO2SD.XEX the configuration tool?

Fairly sure the booted menu comes automatically as result of having an active drive with nothing mounted. Not sure what file that's contained in.

But worth your while researching configuration stuff - I've not used my SIO2SD in over 2 years so I'm a bit rusty on info.

Isn't SIO2SD.XEX the configuration tool?

Fairly sure the booted menu comes automatically as result of having an active drive with nothing mounted. Not sure what file that's contained in.

But worth your while researching configuration stuff - I've not used my SIO2SD in over 2 years so I'm a bit rusty on info.

Hmm, possibly. I use it as a file chooser (it works quite well). On the working systems you can traverse the SD card with a joystick. On the 800, it loads up fine, just no input.

Top drive is an actual option.. Not meaning the highest number drive..

Gotcha, thanks.

So, I have my SIO2SD Micro attached to my 130XE and neither holding K4 on boot or holding Shift for 5 seconds is dropping me into the config. I also see that the config is binary not text so I can't go edit by hand.

Am I doing something wrong?

No... The discussion is about the sio2sd.xex on-screen loader. This feature does not appear to work on the 800 as stated in the thread you mentioned (which is also the thread I posted above).. However, the SIO2SD unit itself works just fine as a drive emulator if the image is selected from the SIO2SD buttons first.

Took a look at the binary... looks like it's hardcoded to the XL/XE OS, probably unnecessarily. It uses KEYDEF to translate keyboard scan codes, which is at least a documented XL/XE OS feature, but it also has an illegal jump into the OS at $F983 for the key click sound that OS-B definitely doesn't support. I can't get it running far enough in emulation to test it but this is probably not too difficult to patch.

• Like 1