IGNORED

HSC12 Round 6: Blue Max

Latest Tables - hope the new scoring seems fair gives everyone a chance to make some points!

I'm a little confused by the ranking system. For instance, would a Blue Max ranking of even a low score (say, 1,000 points) earn 10 points in the HSC?

In posting #47 I mentioned that I beat my high score of 950 with 1,530 points. Of course, I still hope to beat that score-- but thus far I'm failing. I need to playing another 1,000 times today, I guess.

I'm a little confused by the ranking system. For instance, would a Blue Max ranking of even a low score (say, 1,000 points) earn 10 points in the HSC?

In posting #47 I mentioned that I beat my high score of 950 with 1,530 points. Of course, I still hope to beat that score-- but thus far I'm failing. I need to playing another 1,000 times today, I guess.

If you can get a Blue Max Class 1 with a score of 10 game points then you'll be up for a whacking 16 HSC pts at least!

I had to force myself to turn the game off and get on with my programming... I was going all guns blazing today taking out everything WHAT A RUSH

Let me know if you improved the rank with that score?

EVERYONE Post your high rank with it's score. For this round we are now the HRC High Rank Club :-D

Scores are only going to count for the bonus point -see bottom of the table for details

Round 7 Poll OPEN

New "Blue Max" score for me:

2,300 points, Rank: Air Cadet, Class 3 (NTSC, Real 130XE)

I've finally reached a point where I'm getting consistent scores. Unfortunately, I'm consistently scoring below 1,000 points-- except on rare occasions.

Edited by ballyalley

New "Blue Max" score for me:

2,300 points, Rank: Air Cadet, Class 3 (NTSC, Real 130XE)

I've finally reached a point where I'm getting consistent scores. Unfortunately, I'm consistently scoring below 1,000 points-- except on rare occasions.

Looking at the table some lower scores have higher ranks so perhaps accuracy or accuracy on taking out the primary targets helps. I've been to the end stage and had an Air Cadet rank so it's not necessarily all down to progress. Still time to someone to make Blue Max ;)

Round 7 "Theme Round" Poll OPEN and suggestions for games welcome :)

I feel like the prophet Zarquon showing up at the last minute, wondering if he's too late? :)

Class 2 Squadron Leader

post-2091-0-65896400-1429963722_thumb.jpg

I remember liking this when it first came out, but I haven't played it in *forever*.

(Now I'll go back and read the rest of the thread - sorry, but things have been crazy the last two weeks and I just haven't had the time I wanted to have to dedicate to the old Atari. But I'll always put in a score, even if I only get to play one game) :)

• Like 1

I feel like the prophet Zarquon showing up at the last minute, wondering if he's too late? :)

(Now I'll go back and read the rest of the thread - sorry, but things have been crazy the last two weeks and I just haven't had the time I wanted to have to dedicate to the old Atari. But I'll always put in a score, even if I only get to play one game) :)

It's never too late to earn some HSC points :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This round is extended until Monday 27th - 6pm UK time to give me time to sort out the next round*

Votes/games suggestions: Round 7 "Theme Round" Poll :thumbsup:

*and definitely not play another quadzillion goes to get that elusive Blue Max ranking :D

Hopefully I've got everyone's correct scores and ranks! So... I fiddled the system and managed to win a round eh?!! Nobody made the coveted Blue Max rank but firestorm also ranked as Flying Tiger, so we'll just have to try harder next time! Blue Max is a great game but needs some serious play to master.

Thanks for playing everyone :thumbsup: nice to see spookt back too :thumbsup: Still time to VOTE if you're quick; I'm going to start round 7 soon... it will feature some much easier games ;)

UPDATED: Season 12 Current standings

Final Tables

BLUE MAX - Rankings Count
Blue Maxes - 12pts + Bonus 1pt per class

no takers! shame on us!

Flying Tigers 11pts +1pt for Class 1

therealbountybob (p) Class 1 10,910 12pts

firestorm (n) Class 1 5,740 12pts $

Squadron Leaders 9pts +1pt for Class 1

Tickled_Pink (p) Class 2 9,740 9pts

McKong (p) Class 2 8,840 9pts

8BIT1337 Class 2 5,580 9pts

Air Cadets 5-8pts based on class

adam242 (n) Class 1 5,670 8pts
playermissile (n) Class 1 6,350 8pts
JK40001 (p) Class 2 3,500 7pts
SHiNjide (p) Class 3 2,620 6pts
ballyalley (n) Class 3 2,300 6pts
bunsen (p) Class 4 1,830 5pts

spookt (p) Class 4 1,060 5pts

Runway Sweepers 1-4pts based on class

Sleepy (p) Class 1 1,350 4pts
Sikor (p) Class 1 450 4pts

akator (n) Class 2 680 3pts
roadrunner (n) Class 3 570 2pts
jblenkle (n) Class 3 400 2pts
LidLikesIntellivision(n) Class 3 340 2pts

Mrs McKong (p) Class 3 100 2pts
---------------------------------------------

Bonus Points for this round:

Highest score - Tickled_Pink 13,430

(not necessarily made with the highest rank above)

First player to complete the mission - Tickled_Pink

First player to rank Blue Max - nobody!

$ NTSC bonus - firestorm

If you missed this round (or any others) post a late score for some points :)

Edited by therealbountybob
  • Like 1

Btw during one of my last games when i was getting a bit bored I decided to bomb the hanger on my runway, it maked the game crash! I was playing using the XEGS cartridge on my 800XL so I was surprised to see such a nasty bug

I think this was a feature that was left in from the original version ;) Did everyone (sometimes) see the red moving boats (primary targets) not sure if they are rare or just not in some versions out there?

Did everyone (sometimes) see the red moving boats (primary targets) not sure if they are rare or just not in some versions out there?

I saw those red boats in the disk version. They are rare, and because they move faster, they are harder to hit. When I bombed the red boat I got 100 points instead of the usual 50 points.

If the player bombs his own hanger, the game crashes because the player deserves it!