IGNORED

The Official Turbografx 16 Thread!

5 minutes ago, CZroe said:

The original is a bit over-spec'd and I've found MK-1602 to work fine for all three of my CD docks but you shouldn't have any trouble finding something else that works if the MK-1602 isn't enough. I actually edited my post above quite a bit if you'd like to revisit it. ;)

Anyway, though it worked fine for all three of my docks, I have found Japanese CD-ROM² + Interface Units where they only worked well with I gave them 12V from another improvised PSU... some 3A 12v Hyundai power adapter from Goodwill that was 5.5x2.5 but needed the polarity reversed. I assumed it was failing capacitors since my other units worked fine with the MK-1602.

The internal voltage regulator is spec'd for a range of voltages and should be fine with 7-12v. The regulator's heat sink might get a bit hotter with 12v PSU but it should tolerate it. If your MK-1602 can't cut it then you can go to any thrift store and find a 12v PSU that's over an amp with the same 5.5x2.1mm time size. They are extremely common with routers, cable modems, external hard drives, etc though most will be center-positive (unlike the MK-1602). Again, that doesn't matter as long as you remember to reverse the modular adapter tip by plugging it in backwards.

I've got several improvised PSUs for TG-CD docks and PCE IFU docks around and never spent more than a few dollars but I figured you might prefer to spend a couple bucks more on that set since you weren't looking to build one. If you change your mind about that and don't mind splicing and/or soldering:

https://console5.com/store/6-dc-plug-cord-for-atari-5200-intv-ii-tg16-cd-dock-twin-famicom-dc-24-awg-right-angle.html

https://console5.com/store/dc-pigtail-plug-cord-for-atari-5200-intv-ii-tg16-cd-dock-twin-famicom-dc.html

https://console5.com/store/turbografx-16-cdrom-dock-power-connector.html

Not that the $6 set is too expensive or anything. ;)

Czroe, thank you so much for the information! I will definitely just go ahead and order the set you mentioned. The main thing I was worried about was just blowing the cd unit with the wrong power supply or something like that, but this will definitely get the job done. Do these plugs come marked or something so that you know not to flip the polarity of the plug? Doesn't look like it but I'm sure I'll figure it out when they arrive. :)

1 hour ago, NE146 said:

Weird man.. I'm not sure what your setup is or if you're using a SNAC, bluetooth, usb, etc., but perhaps it's that particular component?

I'm not much of a purist so I just use a cheap USB hub and it works well enough with the TG16 Mini pad (even the turbo buttons work), or a xbox 360 "Ken" 6 button pad. 

I've been using a converter thingy to plug USB stuff into my MiSTer. It used to work with pretty much everything, but then as time went on, more and more controllers stopped working with it. Now I can't map any controllers and even the keyboard can't be used in games at all. I'm debating either tossing it in the trash or selling it. The thing is that if I sold it to someone, shipping from Japan at the lowest is 8600 yen right now, so I'd still end up losing even more money on shipping.

Edited by Steven Pendleton

Czroe, thank you so much for the information! I will definitely just go ahead and order the set you mentioned. The main thing I was worried about was just blowing the cd unit with the wrong power supply or something like that, but this will definitely get the job done. Do these plugs come marked or something so that you know not to flip the polarity of the plug? Doesn't look like it but I'm sure I'll figure it out when they arrive. [emoji4]

No problem!

Yeah, there are no worries about blowing it with an underpowered PSU and excessive amps are always OK unless you already have a catastrophic short inside (system normally only draws what it draws). As long as it fits and is an appropriate voltage, the only remaining concern is polarity. Because the Genesis MK-1602 is center-negative and the Turbo-CD dock is also center-negative you can use the adapter cable/tips straight-through. Center-negative is not very common so if it isn't enough juice just use any 9-12v center positive adapter with enough amps and flip the tip around. The receptacle is the standard 5.5x2.1mm which is definitely the most-common out there so you should have no trouble finding one that fits.

There is a tiny plus or minus (forget which) molded into the pigtail and each of the tips. When they are aligned then whatever polarity you put in is what comes out, so a center-negative Genesis MK-1602 will come out of the other end as center-negative, exactly like the Turbo CD dock wants. Pretty much every adapter has a diagram on the label showing positive and negative symbols with lines pointing to a C-shape and a dot inside the C-shape. The dot is the center AKA "tip" and the C is the outer sheath AKA "barrel."

I'll just leave this here...

image.thumb.png.fde77ea0631337b503c5c8db42936242.png

image.thumb.png.482e73308569785d1480d500a4570908.png

https://www.analogue.co/duo/

You've always known what to expect from a video game system. Until now. Duo is an all-in-one reimagining of perhaps the most underappreciated video game systems of all time. Analogue Duo is compatible with nearly every NEC system and game format ever made. TurboGrafx-16. PC Engine. SuperGrafx. TurboGrafx CD. PC Engine CD-ROM². Super Arcade CD-ROM². 1080p. Zero lag. Bluetooth. 2.4g. Because the last thing a video game system should be is predictable.

Completely engineered in FPGA.
No emulation.

6 hours ago, CZroe said:

Yeah, getting 1941 Counter Attack now might be a smart move even if you weren't already interested in the game. I'm thinkin' that the price of SGX games is about to spike to new heights as the pool of SGX-capable hardware grows and the few original copies that are out there for these game titles get spread even more thin!

Realized I forgot to address this earlier!

Yeah, I have been saving for Garou: Mark of the Wolves for Neo Geo AES, but I think I might have to go hurry and grab 1941 Counter Attack. I found a copy for 44,000 yen without the hagaki, but I want all of my SuperGrafx games to be CIB, which means I need the hagaki. I may go back to Akiba tomorrow, since copies of it have been appearing with greater frequency recently. There are now 4~5 copies in town that I am aware of.

Anyway, yeah, they didn't make a whole lot of SuperGrafx games aside from Battle Ace, which ironically and unfortunately is the worst one. Also unfortunately, it seems they also made less and less of each game as time went on, so in terms of rarity, current price, and, interestingly, my enjoyment of each of the 5 SuperGrafx games, it goes

Battle Ace < Madou King Granzort < Daimakaimura < Aldynes <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 1941 Counter Attack

You'll frequently see Aldynes on ebay for like $300+, which is well over double its price here, sadly. Same with the SuperGrafx itself. Hopefully this Duo doesn't totally break the market for SuperGrafx games.

• Like 2

Any guess what game Analogue might bundle (assuming they do that again)? Maybe Motteke Tamago, since the creators were willing to license that out for a magazine to use as a cover disc back in the lat '90s. I believe it was originally meant to be released on HuCard. David Shadoff did translate the game unofficially.

I dunno... Analogue's whole deal with these built-in games has been to give us something we couldn't get before and, well, that ain't it even if it never got an official release.

I'm hoping for something SuperGrafx-related. What canceled games are there that we know about? ...other than the hoax titles from Chris Covell's legendary April Fools joke. atariage_icon_wink.gif

http://www.chrismcovell.com/PowerConsole/

Edit: Wikipedia lists Galaxy Force II and Strider. I recall speculation that the SGX Strider became Arcade Card Strider in the end. If they could get a deal with Capcom then there's a lot more interesting stuff I'd rather see... like 1942 Counter Attack. :)

• Like 2

I think I will taking a pass on Analogue's Duo and just stick with original hardware. I would have liked them to have included the expansion port similar to what was done for the Mega SG, but they included a working CD drive this time, I can see why it was left out.

I'd like to get a Coregrafx at some point, get it into good shape and go with that. At one point, I wanted a SuperGrafx, but those prices have been pushed to insanity, and I can live without the five games.

• Like 1

I think I will taking a pass on Analogue's Duo and just stick with original hardware. I would have liked them to have included the expansion port similar to what was done for the Mega SG, but they included a working CD drive this time, I can see why it was left out.

I'd like to get a Coregrafx at some point, get it into good shape and go with that. At one point, I wanted a SuperGrafx, but those prices have been pushed to insanity, and I can live without the five games.

I got mine nearly complete in box (missing the AV cable) less than a year ago for $250. Also paid $8.50 for a RAU-30 ROM² Adapter and got a second one in the box for $56. I paid another $30 for an IFU-30 Interface Adapter. Ended up using a CDR-35D instead of a CDR-30 CD-ROM² drive. Of course, all that was a crazy good deal. The Analogue Duo is still 20% cheaper than the SGX alone AND includes all the CD hardware, so it's definitely the better deal for someone who doesn't want to jump through all the hoops I did only to end up spending MORE. :(

I really wish Konami and Capcom would authorize a licensed multi-card with their SGX games. As niche as we are, they would probably sell a bunch to Analogue Duo and existing SGX owners. It would probably drive prices down on the existing titles but even the collectors with those will want the multi-card.

I'm curious if a jailbreak will hit the Duo and/or the pocket duo add-on device.  I mean I already have an everdrive but it would be sweet to pull off some form of digital copies of their optical games.
I think it's almost guaranteed, at least for HuCard/TurboChip titles. If they build in a CD-ROM² title then the jailbreak will be almost guaranteed for CD-ROM² titles too. ;) Granted, it wouldn't be such a big deal if the system can play CD-R titles without a jailbreak. If they do something like recognize CD-Rs and refuse to run (doubt it) then I'm sure the jailbreak would at least disable that.

1 hour ago, CZroe said:

I think it's almost guaranteed, at least for HuCard/TurboChip titles. If they build in a CD-ROM² title then the jailbreak will be almost guaranteed for CD-ROM² titles too. ;) Granted, it wouldn't be such a big deal if the system can play CD-R titles without a jailbreak. If they do something like recognize CD-Rs and refuse to run (doubt it) then I'm sure the jailbreak would at least disable that.

If they are trying to emulate the console using FPGA (yes it's still emulation but hardware emulation) it would have to work with CD-Rs as the real hardware does. The data being stored on tracks as if it were an audio CD shows this. All of the first generation of CD based consoles worked this way. CD copying was not a worry back then... not until the PS1 came out really and even then CD burners were expensive to the point of making pirating console games not "worth it" in the way PC games were. 

Edited by DragonGrafx-16
  • Like 1

If they are trying to emulate the console using FPGA (yes it's still emulation but hardware emulation) it would have to work with CD-Rs as the real hardware does. The data being stored on tracks as if it were an audio CD shows this. All of the first generation of CD based consoles worked this way. CD copying was not a worry back then... not until the PS1 came out really and even then CD burners were expensive to the point of making pirating console games not "worth it" in the way PC games were. 

That depends. If they use a drive capable of reading CD-R ATIP data/media codes then Analogue could absolutely identify a CD-R/W and choose to stop execution. There is almost zero chance that they will be blindly operating it like a 1x SCSI drive without some level of abstraction and that abstraction layer would make it possible. I admit that it's a stretch to imagine that they would try to detect and prevent CD-Rs but it isn't unprecedented. I recall Virtual Game Station or Bleem!/Bleemcast! did some minor bootleg checks back in the day to get Sony off their backs... which didn't work (Sony sued anyway).

Also, would you call an SNS-101 or a 1chip SNES "hardware emulation?" Would you call a NOAC "hardware emulation?" I ask because we typically call those "hardware clones" and FPGA clones are every bit as much of a hardware clone as an ASIC chip like you would find inside a 1chip console, or some Game Gears, or so many other official and unofficial hardware clones. While they obviously fit the English definition of "Emulation" that predates it use in computer terminology, so does a hardware clone. I see no need to force the word on FPGA if we aren't forcing the word on other hardware clones.

By definition if Analogue wants to be faithful to the original TurboDuo/Duo they should not care CD-R or others, just like the original.

The interesting part would be on the BIOS, I am sure the actual CD HuCard (system cards and arcade cards) would work, my guess more like HW keys than actually be used (but maybe they would just work direct) and that is the way one would enable the CD-Rom portion.

Afaik each and every system card has some BIOS ... not sure how that would work (if at all) without ... note that Krikzz Turbo-ED can function as a CD-BIOS loader but one would still need the extra RAM that those cards actually carried, of course it can load SGX title if you have an SGX ... I don't think Analogue would block the Turbo-ED and so SGX gaming would be possible right away imho.

We'll know soon enough ... 2021 sometimes ... I will buy "wave2", I refuse to participate in the pre-order limited run crap ... that's just not for me, and if I miss it entirely and there's no wave2 I'll live just as fine.

• Like 1

Got the last 2 today.

Pic_1018_437.thumb.jpg.2aa85114daae6e37bb3cbc92fb3cbed7.jpg

Pic_1018_438.thumb.jpg.7088ed45d5cf2d03259c2ae4913e5df3.jpg

I now have my beloved 1941 Counter Attack, even though I wasn't really planning on buying it. This also means I have the entire SuperGrafx library finally, and all of them are complete with the hagaki and the little foam thingy. I'll never complete another library, as this is the only one that I have interest in completing since I buy games to play them, not just to have them, which means any other library would be a waste of space in my small house because it would become full of games that I don't care about.

I was talking to the dude at Mandarake who got my 1941 Counter Attack out of the case for me. I mentioned that I imagine that SuperGrafx games are about to get expensive. He was like "Yeah, the Duo" and I was like "Yeah, the Duo".

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 2

To be totally honest, if this thing does not get jailbroken for the CD portion then it is kind of missing the mark "a little".

We complain wrt old systems getting older and prone to failure, especially CD-rom based system with their cheap mechanics ... this thing is allegedly only 10US$ more expensive than the MegaSG/SuperNT but with an onboard CD-rom reader ... which can't really be that high quality and in specific has the same issue we want to solve in the first place aka not having to deal with a broken/temperamental CD reader down the line.

Time will tell, obviously.

5 minutes ago, phoenixdownita said:

To be totally honest, if this thing does not get jailbroken for the CD portion then it is kind of missing the mark "a little".

We complain wrt old systems getting older and prone to failure, especially CD-rom based system with their cheap mechanics ... this thing is allegedly only 10US$ more expensive than the MegaSG/SuperNT but with an onboard CD-rom reader ... which can't really be that high quality and in specific has the same issue we want to solve in the first place aka not having to deal with a broken/temperamental CD reader down the line.

Yeah, I noticed that about the price. It makes me wonder about the quality of the disc drive. I wonder if Analogue grabbed some cheapo CD player or something and shoved it in there.

The original CD-ROM2 is literally just a 1986~1987 consumer CD player with a special port that lets it connect to the IFU. I forget how much it was, but the CD-ROM2 alone was ridiculously expensive when it launched. The IFU was, too, I think.

By definition if Analogue wants to be faithful to the original TurboDuo/Duo they should not care CD-R or others, just like the original.
The interesting part would be on the BIOS, I am sure the actual CD HuCard (system cards and arcade cards) would work, my guess more like HW keys than actually be used (but maybe they would just work direct) and that is the way one would enable the CD-Rom portion.
Afaik each and every system card has some BIOS ... not sure how that would work (if at all) without ... note that Krikzz Turbo-ED can function as a CD-BIOS loader but one would still need the extra RAM that those cards actually carried, of course it can load SGX title if you have an SGX ... I don't think Analogue would block the Turbo-ED and so SGX gaming would be possible right away imho.

We'll know soon enough ... 2021 sometimes ... I will buy "wave2", I refuse to participate in the pre-order limited run crap ... that's just not for me, and if I miss it entirely and there's no wave2 I'll live just as fine.

Yes, every system card has a BIOS ROM but not every system card has extra RAM... and then you've got your Arcade Card Duo which has no BIOS since it's just RAM but it isn't really a system card. The AC Duo works in-tandem with the Super System Card built-in to a Duo or Super CD-ROM² System and uses that BIOS. The slot has a presence detect pin that lets the inserted system card bypass/override the built-in ROM and the AC Duo simply neglects to use this, allowing the internal ROM to boot instead.

The Turbo Everdrive is generally how I play SGX games since I only have Daimakaimura and Battle Ace. I don't expect any issues with it but I do recall the old GameTech.US videos where Kevtris and Jason were having trouble getting an older TED to work with his region mod. The Analogue Duo is a Kevtris product, after all. ;) Not that I anticipate any problems (I don't). Also, my TED2.5 doesn't always work with my UGX (seems related to SD card speed).

Even with the ability to play SGX on TED, I expect to see a rise in SGX game prices since many of Analogue's customers have deep pockets. Many will want a real game or two to try with the system. Since it really is more SGX hardware circulating with the same fixed quantity of already-expensive games, it could measurably stretch supply thinner.

Got the last 2 today.

Pic_1018_437.thumb.jpg.2aa85114daae6e37bb3cbc92fb3cbed7.jpg

Pic_1018_438.thumb.jpg.7088ed45d5cf2d03259c2ae4913e5df3.jpg

I now have my beloved 1941 Counter Attack, even though I wasn't really planning on buying it. This also means I have the entire SuperGrafx library finally, and all of them are complete with the hagaki and the little foam thingy. I'll never complete another library, as this is the only one that I have interest in completing since I buy games to play them, not just to have them, which means any other library would be a waste of space in my small house because it would become full of games that I don't care about.

I was talking to the dude at Mandarake who got my 1941 Counter Attack out of the case for me. I mentioned that I imagine that SuperGrafx games are about to get expensive. He was like "Yeah, the Duo" and I was like "Yeah, the Duo".

Congrats! Super jelly.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised to hear that the game shops in Japan are already aware of the Analogue Duo and the potentially increased demand for SGX games... considering that's where the PC Engine enthusiast base has always been centered. This really is Analogue's opportunity to raise their profile in Japan for other products!

I just wish I saw this coming soon enough to hunt for a deal on 1941 Counter Attack. Probably won't be any great deals coming now that everyone there knows the Analogue Duo is coming. :( I figure the price can only go up so there is little risk in buying it even if you weren't planning to. Change your mind and you can always get your money back, so you probably made the right call.

Yeah, and that same $10 got spread across other expenses that the Super Nt and Mega Sg did not have... like built-in Bluetooth, ports for USB controllers, built-in 8BitDo receiver(s), etc in addition to the cost of the CD drive.

They say it supports 4 wireless controllers with 2.4g or Bluetooth, no receiver required, so I wonder how much additional hardware/expense that entails. Obviously, Bluetooth can connect to multiple controllers with one BT transceiver but 8BitDo has only ever done 1 to 1, and since this also connects to 8BitDo's proprietary 2.4GHz controllers I would be surprised if they did it with only one receiver. If they had to include multiple receivers it might explain why they stopped at 4 controllers instead of the full 5 (4-port internal USB hub). BT supports up to 7 devices for a single transceiver so I wonder if that limit of four is just for the 8BitDo 2.4GHz pads.

I also wonder if maybe the CD drive is a USB drive internally and, if so, can we connect an external USB drive. That would address preservation concerns without a CD jailbreak but I still expect the jailbreak to support CD images.

Part of me wishes they made the CD portion modular and designed it to also fit the Mega Sg as a clone Sega CD. I knew that wasn't happening the minute Kevtris bought a MegaSD since that meant he had no intention of making an FPGA Sega CD. Kevin has made it clear that he avoids MiSTer specifically to develop his cores free and clear of accusations and the same would apply to MegaSD... unless he planned to license their core which he clearly doesn't.

I still think it would have been cool to design an FPGA Sega CD that fits the Mega Sg and then design the Analogue Pocket dock to fit the same CD unit (perhaps with the Pocket laying flat) to play PC Engine stuff. They could use it again for Neo Geo CD when they get around to doing a Neo Geo console with the modules being AES or MVS cartridge adapters and controller ports.

Obviously, none of that is happening, but let's consider the CD drive for a second: For once, the system has a game interface built-in that could interface with original games from multiple systems without needing a cartridge adapter or a jailbreak. They haven't announced support for anything else but it's entirely possible that they could surprise us with something like PC-88 or Amiga CD32.

What additional systems do we think they might add with a jailbreak (if any)? Since a jailbreak is unofficial we could see Sega CD anyway, though I very much doubt that since it's literally more effort than reverse-engineering the Duo. I also doubt we will see a Neo Geo CD core since they will want to make their own Neo Geo clone console and CD should be the base (cheaper, more-available, doesn't lock users into MVS or AES which can be added with cartridge adapters, etc). Since they didn't need to go with a CD drive to clone NEC consoles (could've used original CD hardware just like Mega Sg) it almost seems like a trial run for the inevitable Neo Geo console with NGCD support.

Yeah, I noticed that about the price. It makes me wonder about the quality of the disc drive. I wonder if Analogue grabbed some cheapo CD player or something and shoved it in there.

The original CD-ROM2 is literally just a 1986~1987 consumer CD player with a special port that lets it connect to the IFU. I forget how much it was, but the CD-ROM2 alone was ridiculously expensive when it launched. The IFU was, too, I think.

...and it didn't even have a built-in battery compartment. ;)

I read somewhere that the entire reason they initially sold the CD-ROM² (CDR-30) separately from the CD-ROM² Interface Unit (IFU-30) was because of some Japanese Hi-Fi tax that would have applied to the whole thing if they didn't split up the cost. The Interface Unit really isn't much more than power and RAM with a supercapacitor so they added AV ports as well.

My guess is that the tax applied to anything that could play audio CDs and because it was the first CD game platform they hadn't carved out an exception in their tax laws for stuff like that yet. It seems they eventually did which is why they were bundled in the revised CD-ROM² System (IFU-30A plus CDR-30-01). That probably explains why the price of the CD drive alone was so much back then.

It was actually a standard SCSI drive, which was a PC/Mac interface for hard drives, CD-ROMs, scanners, etc, but it did not have a common Centronics SCSI port unless you docked it into the "Buffer Unit" from NEC (BFU-30) which was included with their PC drive variant (CDR-35D and CDR-35D-01). Without that, yeah: just a "portable" CD audio player that required external power.

Since they had already made the drive modular NEC tried to further justify it by creating a model of PC-88 with a hidden dock in the top that fits a CDR-30. :) I'd love to get my hands on one of those!

I can't speak to the quality of parts they'll be using,  but I'm sure the price of CD Drives has come down a long way since the old days...

Indeed. I've looking inside every boom box and CD player at thrift stores for years now, trying to identify drives with a compatible laser assembly. One thing I've noticed is that every single one from the last decade has the exact same laser assembly. From Sony and Aiwa to Sanyo and GPX, name brand or not, they all have the same mechanism.

Similarly, Techmoan is always pointing out on his YouTube channel that there is only one tape mech available for cassette decks these days and since none of the major electronics manufacturers make their own these days they all use the same one. No Dolby Noise Reduction or anything fancy... they are all the same.

I still see a lot of variety in the laser assemblies of portable burners and DVD players and such but pretty much all the standard CD players have been identical for many years now. That means the price is significantly lower than anything used in PC drives or video players or else you'd see some of those getting used in CD players.

That said, I almost expect this to be a PC or USB drive instead of a standard drive for audio CD players... maybe even with vestigial CD-R or DVD functionality. Obviously, those don't cost much more and would probably be easier to implement and interface with the FPGA.

Say,

If you are planning on getting an Analogue Duo,  Are you getting black or white?

I've been trying to decide if I want it to match my Turbografx 16s or my PC Engine Duo-R.

Definitely the black for me (gray/charcoal), since the rest of the styling is also made to look like the original Duo. You know: wavy edges, nearly flat frame around the curved top, sides that don't curve in toward the front, disc window, no rounding on the front or back, etc.

Love the look of my Super Famicom-styled Super Nt and I had to go with standard Black for my Mega Sg too. Putting them right next to the console that inspired them probably amuses me more than it should. :)
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

I feel the same way. Will a turbo everdrive fit? Can it read CD-Rs as I am sure there are people that will want to keep their original disc safe on the shelf? (okay... yes, I know why many want it to read CDRs, but last point is still valid).

If they are going to do a limited release with a wave1 only, I'll be fine with what I have (which I have less time for anyway).

So I went to a place that had a ton of classic arcade machines and I just realized that the Tiger Road on the turbo is completely different from from the original arcade version. It seems to be a remake from the top down graphically and with audio.

Now playing both for the first time, as I never played the Arcade version until recently, I understand why they remade the game, the TG16 couldn't possibly run any version of the arcade game without nearly turning it into a different game anyway. Outside the difficulty being easier, the only improvement to the PC engine version is the audio but almost everything else is worse while the arcade version had large sprites, colorful backdrops, and better animation.

It's funny because it's not a technically overpowering game, it's one of those entry arcade titles from the 80's I'm sure the SNES could run some variation of the arcade game I think the turbo might just be a tad too weak. But again, audio is much better. (although the stage 1 music is pretty good)

That seems to be a trend with older arcade ports on the TG16, worse graphics but better (sounding) audio, even happens with games like Bravoman iirc.

Now that I think about it I wonder why Japan didn't use Bravoman as a mascot, then again I guess the game does have some quality issues.

• Like 1

Well, I guess one thing this new product will do is fire up more interest in a console that is under rated, and that is not a bad thing. Perhaps we can get a subform ? ? Maybe not so good news for us trying to actually buy some games. I am sure regular games will shoot up in price even more now.

• Like 1

I'd be up for buying one, preferably black. I do have a modded regular turbografx for scart but no cd add on. 

Of course, I would have to be extremely lucky because I was on the pocket order on the dot and all I got was frozen purchase pages for 15 minutes then I found out they were all sold out in 8 minutes. 

So yes, might be a minor fear on hardware games, but knowing analog they won't sell enough to be a big worry! 

• Like 1

I'll be selling my UperGrafX now that the Analogue console is coming out. But I'll wait until I have it my hands. I prefer only keeping the most superior console if it can play every single title properly and correctly.

Also I managed to kill my Super GrafX by soldering too thick wires onto the chip when I tried to make it compliant with the Uper GrafX... *shit* I think I heated against the chip for too long. So now all it outputs is pure white :P löl oh well. Good thing Analogue is coming out with this new console, then I won't need to fool around with all this complexity.

But now I know, don't try to solder too thick wires!

Edited by Elrinth
  • Sad 1