IGNORED

The Official Turbografx 16 Thread!

Found something really cool on ebay just now: a 1941 Counter Attack with what looks like a French instruction manual!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154432172364?hash=item23f4dff14c:g:HMgAAOSwyo9giZuQ

The edges look a little worn, but it looks nice otherwise. I REALLY want this but can't afford it, especially since it's an auction and will probably go higher than the 400 euros it's at now.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

Thanks. Though I should probably try the demo before I buy it.

Make sure to read the manual. Apparently some people have complained about not understanding a couple things which are spelled out in the instructions.

• Like 1

So I just discovered a game that was released in October and slipped under my radar entirely: Space Ava 201.

Imagine Chip’s Challenge but turn based, with some reflection puzzle minigames. This is a very professionally done and funny production, and it’s only available for a donation of your choice through the developer’s itch.io page: https://nicole-express.itch.io/space-ava-201

I did have an issue with saving. Either I didn’t save my real game or I overwrote it with a new game, which was somewhat dispiriting after putting a half hour in.

(Warning: spoilers.)

I hope this gets a pressed CD release. It deserves it.

I've actually been thinking of making a game for some time, despite having no idea how to do so. The platforms I am considering are Neo Geo, Mega Genesis Drive, both of which will surprise absolutely nobody, and SuperGrafx + CD but also requiring the Arcade Card, simply because nobody has ever done that and I think it might be relatively interesting to make a game that requires that specific combination.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

SuperGrafx CD game? lol way to limit the possible market for the game. Still neat though.

It plays on anything but adds graphical effects the more money you feed the pile ? 

It is not exactly a graphics-forward game, though it looks nice. I have an arcade card but not a Supergrafx.

Damn, looks like SuperGrafx hardware on ebay has gotten a little more expensive recently. Seeing sold systems for $400 or more. I have not seen any here recently. There is a complete one on Amazon Japan right now, but the seller wants 99999 yen for it. lol no. That's just ridiculous.

Here it is, if anyone wants to look at it/be ripped off: https://www.amazon.co.jp/PCエンジン-スーパーグラフィックス本体-【PCエンジン】/dp/B0001PW9E4/

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

So now there is going to be an updated Super System SD 3 with HDMI out as well as revamped analog out as well if you still want to use an up scaler or a CRT. Physical reset button as well as a more reliable software one. Also, one can play SuperGrafx games even on a regular PC engine. At launch, there is going to be an NES core too, and more will likely get ported I assume.

I am of course going to wait as usual while any kinks get worked out, but if this works as advertised, I plan on getting one once the part shortage is alleviated and a US distributor like SAG get them in.

Controller options are kind of limited for any cores that get ported though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cybercylon said:

So now there is going to be an updated Super System SD 3 with HDMI out as well as revamped analog out as well if you still want to use an up scaler or a CRT. Physical reset button as well as a more reliable software one. Also, one can play SuperGrafx games even on a regular PC engine. At launch, there is going to be an NES core too, and more will likely get ported I assume.

I am of course going to wait as usual while any kinks get worked out, but if this works as advertised, I plan on getting one once the part shortage is alleviated and a US distributor like SAG get them in.

Controller options are kind of limited for any cores that get ported though.

Thanks for posting this - I have been sitting for the restock of the SSD3.  I saw a tweet from them this morning, but didn't read it because I was busy with something at work... ended up ordering after I saw your AA post...

Edited by Lost Monkey

SAG (Stone Age Gamer) is getting in on the second batch. I put myself on the mailing list to be notified once they start taking pre orders. On paper, that is about $47 more, but how much more is it really considering SAG is about 45-50 minutes away from my house compared to an import. If I want to, I can trade the old one in.

• Like 1

Cool, they decided to do that thing I told them to do a while ago and build the SuperGrafx's extra Blast ProcessingTM components into the SSDS3 itself. I don't really need this, though, so even though I kind of want one because it's cool, I'm not sure if I should or will get it. It would be very nice to have HDMI without needing to use the OSSC, but I'm not really sure I want to pay that much for something that really doesn't do anything that the stuff I already have can't do, which is oddly rational for me, I think.

• Like 1