IGNORED

The Official Turbografx 16 Thread!

Jeez I got that box of controllers and I think the Laser Active controller is even better than I thought, sort of. It says "TurboGrafx" on the center piece, not "HE System", which I hadn't noticed in the lsiting, and if I am reading wiki right that means it is from the US version (DUH, but I had no idea until I looked it up) PAC-N10 which is way rarer than the PC-E version.

And it did have some cigarette residue in one of the the button holes. So some things were as expected--I am like 100 for 100 with ebay there.

• Like 4

On 4/14/2020 at 11:07 AM, Steven Pendleton said:

It's a weird static

Looking through this a year and some months later for Darius Alpha research, I noticed this. I figured it out a few weeks ago: it was the game mode setting on my monitor. My monitor's mode settings are basically just preset color/contrast/saturation/whatever settings as far as I can tell, so yeah. Not much point in using it if it causes static for whatever weird reason.

Would it be possible to move this thread to the TG-16/PC Engine High Score Club - AtariAge Forums area, and just make it the TG-16/PC Engine area?  I mean if the 3DO has one, surely the TG-16 should.  We can still do HSC just keep it pinned at the top.

Any mods @Albert @CPUWIZ up for approving/making this change? 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Rick Dangerous said:

Would it be possible to move this thread to the TG-16/PC Engine High Score Club - AtariAge Forums area, and just make it the TG-16/PC Engine area?  I mean if the 3DO has one, surely the TG-16 should.  We can still do HSC just keep it pinned at the top.

Any mods @Albert @CPUWIZ up for approving/making this change? 

I am all for a proper TG forum. With the PC-FX forums gone, and the proboards one lightly traveled, I would try to make this "home" and put up threads etc.

And yo....the 3DO point is very on. If that...system...deserves a proper forum, turbob surely does!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jeremiahjt said:

I love my TurboGrafx-16, but if creating a subforum for it means we have to start reading turbob, obey, feka, etc. then I say no. Leave all that to the defunct pcenginefx.com and the new pcenginefans.com please.

Johnny Turbo has to fight someone. If not FEKA agents, than who?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I bought that game back in the mid90s for my duo and really enjoyed it.  Despite its early roots, the game did have a solid set of bones to it so it didn't feel uncomfortable for me coming off of NES/SNES final fantasy style stuff.

Yeah, and I didn’t think it would be the sort of game that would have this sort of dialogue either.

A23715-F5-C30-E-4127-890-D-9782437-C5-F6

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, electricmastro said:

Yeah, and I didn’t think it would be the sort of game that would have this sort of dialogue either.

A23715-F5-C30-E-4127-890-D-9782437-C5-F6

Working Designs (the company that brought the game overseas) was notorious for putting stuff like this in their translations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey guys on the subject of Cosmic Fantasy 2 I just bought a disc copy off of eBay, I asked the seller before hand about some white marks on the disc that looked like scratches to me. He said that they were just little pieces of lint but when I got the game today the white marks on the disc look like something that was left over by a resurfacing machine. I know some discs are textured on the top but these don't look like printed patterns that belong on the edge of the disc. Can anyone with a Cosmic Fantasy 2 disc confirm if those marks are on all copies or if this copy is damaged. The marks I'm talking about are these white splotches above the 2 in the top right corner of the disc. I circled them in blue in the second pic. Thanks for everyone's time.   

comsic 2.jpg

cosm.jpg

I dunno something looks kinda sus to me... like the printing looks off but then I looked at some other images of the game on Ebay... just bad printing I guess.

I'd have to say I greatly prefer the look of the Japanese version of the CD... it looks MUCH MUCH more professional.

Cosmic Fantasy 2 CD-ROM2 NEC PC Engine Turbo Duo Japan Import Game US Seller

But I'm a sucker for all those glorious clear (minus the title, text, artwork, etc) CD labels.

3 minutes ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

I dunno something looks kinda sus to me... like the printing looks off but then I looked at some other images of the game on Ebay... just bad printing I guess.

I'd have to say I greatly prefer the look of the Japanese version of the CD... it looks MUCH MUCH more professional.

Cosmic Fantasy 2 CD-ROM2 NEC PC Engine Turbo Duo Japan Import Game US Seller

But I'm a sucker for all those glorious clear (minus the title, text, artwork, etc) CD labels.

Yeah it looks like the printing got damaged by something to me, it goes half way around the disc like that towards the left half. Looking at other copies on eBay I don't see any light circle marks above the 2 on the paint side, that's why I specifically asked the seller if it was scratched or just dirty. 

1 hour ago, INTVCruise said:

Yeah it looks like the printing got damaged by something to me, it goes half way around the disc like that towards the left half. Looking at other copies on eBay I don't see any light circle marks above the 2 on the paint side, that's why I specifically asked the seller if it was scratched or just dirty. 

No I mean the print quality in general. That has to be one of the worst label printings on a commercially released disc I have ever seen.

i was the only one in college with this system, nobody ever heard of it. They all had the NES or Genesis.

So many great games on this system, and so many MORE great PC Engine imports.

The Bonk series was epic, but my favorite was the Jackie Chan game.  That was on the NES as well.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, INTVCruise said:

Hey guys on the subject of Cosmic Fantasy 2 I just bought a disc copy off of eBay, I asked the seller before hand about some white marks on the disc that looked like scratches to me. He said that they were just little pieces of lint but when I got the game today the white marks on the disc look like something that was left over by a resurfacing machine. I know some discs are textured on the top but these don't look like printed patterns that belong on the edge of the disc. Can anyone with a Cosmic Fantasy 2 disc confirm if those marks are on all copies or if this copy is damaged. The marks I'm talking about are these white splotches above the 2 in the top right corner of the disc. I circled them in blue in the second pic. Thanks for everyone's time.   

Here is a pic of mine.

CF2.jpeg