IGNORED

The Official Turbografx 16 Thread!

FACE is interesting. They always seem to have over hyped games that end up being generic or poorly executed. Hany is one example.

Their best game is likely the strangely named Cross Wiber: Cyber Combat Police

Which is a sequel to Cyper Cross, even though they have no relation to each other other than having the same generic gameplay?

Also Cross Wiber is all English, despite being a japanese only release.

I'm sorry, I meant it's all Engrish.

HUMAN is another strange company with similar issues, but they put out an ok game once in awhile, mostly sports.

Like the oddly named "Formation Soccer Human Cup". I think they did Clock Tower on PS1 too.

Edited by Leeroy ST

Many of my favorite games on PC Engine are FACE. Time Cruise is probably my favorite video pinball game. Metal Stoker is one of my favorite shooters on any system. The Hanii games are really great. I like Alice a lot. I like the Cross games, even if neither is great. Cyber Cross is kind of boring but comforting in a way, and you get to transform a lot. Cross Wiber kind of craps the bed with making you play way too much as the plainclothes dude, but it’s better when you’re not the plainclothes dude.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Leeroy ST said:

Wait, didnt you play as a plainclothes dude in Cyber Cross too?

Yes, but my recollection was that you spent more time in the early game transformed. I may be confusing it with Bravoman though ?

(At least the Cross games are better than that one!)

The Newzealand Story is one of my favorites. Really wish that one had come over.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Yes, but my recollection was that you spent more time in the early game transformed. I may be confusing it with Bravoman though ?

(At least the Cross games are better than that one!)

The Newzealand Story is one of my favorites. Really wish that one had come over.

Bravo man was always in uniform. Cyber Cross was just like Cross wiber where you had to get the orb to transform.

Also Bravoman....

I dont know which is worse between that or Ghost Manor.

I mean there is the issue of him screaming Bravo when he punches.

In Japan he is Beraboh man, whatever that means, and he shouts beraboh everytime he punches.

I wonder why localization changed it to Bravo. Bizarre. But that's what I like about the PCE/TG16, it was bizarre.

I mean, what other console has a game where you are flying around collecting golden poo while shooting at butt spiders?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Leeroy ST said:

Bravo man was always in uniform. Cyber Cross was just like Cross wiber where you had to get the orb to transform.

Also Bravoman....

I dont know which is worse between that or Ghost Manor.

I mean there is the issue of him screaming Bravo when he punches.

In Japan he is Beraboh man, whatever that means, and he shouts beraboh everytime he punches.

I wonder why localization changed it to Bravo. Bizarre. But that's what I like about the PCE/TG16, it was bizarre.

I mean, what other console has a game where you are flying around collecting golden poo while shooting at butt spiders?

No contest! Ghost Manor is hot garbage! Bravoman might not be a great game, but it's playable (and has parallax) and is worth a finish at least once. Ghost Manor has no right to exist hahah.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Ghost Manor is so close to being a cool game. If they had only fixed the level design, collision detection, and gameplay…

So if they had only fixed the game? Lol.

Honestly there are people on YouTube that cant figure out how to get past the first part of stage one. After you fall down the "waterfall" into the creek/sewer at the bottom of the stage.

Yeah I know we are talking about Youtube players, but usually they even figure out stuff by brute forcing the possibilities. But I've seen plenty just give up and move on to a different game right there.

At the same time, I've seen some quit Bravo man halfway through the stage too. Or they make it to stage 2 and quit there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jeremiahjt said:

Alien Crush is the best pinball game on the system. It is also the only one I have played, but it is still great regardless of the other games.

Oh wait until you get to Devil's Crush!   And to complete the Trifecta,  the next one is called Jaki Crush on Super Famicom...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jeremiahjt said:

Alien Crush is the best pinball game on the system. It is also the only one I have played, but it is still great regardless of the other games.

Alien Crush is my personal favorite game on the PCE and of all time.  However, I can see how other's prefer and totally love Devil's Crush and/or Time Cruise.  Both are really great for sure.

• Like 2

I just beat Wyvern Tales on my Lynx and am craving another classic JRPG i can play on my TurboEverdrive in bed in the evening. 

Is there a good game you can reccomend with a save feature?  I have a TurboEverdrive deluxe, but not sure if it has save...are all the Hucard games password save or how does that work? 

Thanks all.

Side note:  Fully refurbed TurboDuo is making its way back to me.  Thanks again for the rec on the modder, Chris Brown does great work at reasonable prices!  

received_183047830584162.jpeg

received_367349171553619.jpeg

received_428981408557022.jpeg

received_539631267317670.jpeg

received_564688161345785.jpeg

received_605802010584515.jpeg

received_804884730178354.jpeg

received_941245760067773.jpeg

• Like 3