IGNORED

The Official Turbografx 16 Thread!

8 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Snatcher

I keep forgetting about Snatcher. My reading ability has been improving a lot recently, so I can probably play it now. PC Engine Snatcher is the definitive version of the game (and also the last version that Kojima actually worked on) and I think it's like 2000 yen or something like that, so I may go get a copy eventually.

• Like 2

Forgot to mention that I found a CIB SuperGrafx at BEEP 2 days ago. 55000 yen. The system itself is in excellent condition. BEEP tends to refurbish rare systems like that, often upgrading them in the process, which causes increased prices, but I didn't think to read the label to see if it was upgraded/refurbished or anything. At that price, I imagine it probably was refurbished, as that's a bit higher than typical CIB SuperGrafx prices. They decided to display it with the cardboard on the back of the styrofoam with the whole assembly wrapped in plastic. I didn't flip it over to look at the cardboard because of this, but I'm guessing that it's probably in good condition.

As always, if anyone sees any French SuperGrafx stuff, let me know.

• Like 2

That's solid all things considered and intact too.

Chris Brown who lives in Indiana, a presence on facebook TG/PCE and vintage game groups does amazing fast work repairing, tuning, cleaning optical drives on these systems and gets them working perfectly.  When I got a duo off here some years back, he helped me out and it got the job done and he's super reasonable on price to the point I think he just does it for nearly parts/fun of it.

• Like 3

@Tanooki does he do recaps as well? That is what is likely causing the audio issue.  If so mind PMing me his contact info?

I like to use niche modders when possible, that have been vetted by AA members, the big popular ones from Twitter do good work but are always super busy/slow/expensive.  Thanks man!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rick Dangerous said:

@Tanooki does he do recaps as well? That is what is likely causing the audio issue.  If so mind PMing me his contact info?

I like to use niche modders when possible, that have been vetted by AA members, the big popular ones from Twitter do good work but are always super busy/slow/expensive.  Thanks man!

Yeah, recaps, part (damaged, fried) replacements, cold solder joint fixes, etc.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Rick Dangerous said:

I bought a USA Turbo Duo Today!  Needs a recap and some TLC but generally clean shell and not a bad price for these days i think!

Turbo Duo Console / System with controller + AC adapter + video cables -- READ | eBay 

Welcome to the Duo club! If you're having a modder recap it, you might want to look into getting a region switch so you can play both US and JP games (especially since JP games are often much, much cheaper, even those without the knowledge of Japanese, like shooters).

• Like 2

From what i have seen on ebay, 0.0% of good games are reasonably priced at this point. 

For HuCard, i'll probably keep using my TurboEverdrive, for the CD games, i'll probably get reproductions off Etsy for the "must haves", or just burn the games to try them out first. 

TG-16 is one system that i got into too late, and i have some great modded hardware (my TurboExpress w/RGB screen is one of the prides of my collection) but actually own very few games because i missed the boat on prices. 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 11:53 AM, Rick Dangerous said:

Sweet! @Tanooki do you have an email (or any contact) for him by chance?  I've been off facebook for 10+ years now.  Thanks! 

No, and you PM'd me, I gave you a direct web style link to his facebook acct.  I don't have an email, that's where I knew him from.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's gone up in price. I paid less than that for my copy of Soldier Blade (complete) on Ebay in 2018. Also I almost beat Operation 6 yesterday... shouldn't be much longer until I get to the final stage and maybe even beat the game.

Edited by DragonGrafx-16
  • Like 1

By the way, after I bought Jackie Chan from this nice Japanese seller on eBay, I ordered from him two other HuCard games that were not too expensive: Parodius and NewZealand Story. As usual, it took time before the order shipped but this time, the tracking didn't change and the last day for my package to arrive, I contacted the seller. I didn't really understand his 'Engrish' but a little more than a week later, I got my package and the date on it showed it was sent just after I complained... ? But that was not the real problem; instead of NewZealand Story, I got Game Tengoku for SEGA Saturn. ?‍♂️ I told him and gave him a bad review (which was only his second one or something, he has an excellent rating), but never got any reply. ?

Edited by roots.genoa
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

But that was not the real problem; instead of NewZealand Story, I got Game Tengoku for SEGA Saturn. ?‍♂️ I told him and gave him a bad review (which was only his second one or something, he has an excellent rating), but never got any reply. ?

eBay should refund you. Did you open a case?

I'm pretty proud of my TG16 find. It had some pretty funky pins from a semi botched region mod and I think I did pretty good on the repair. One of the pins inside the hucard slot was also not coming into contact with the hucard so I had to pull it out to determine the shape. When I pulled a second one out to use it as an example, I bent it. I had to pull a third pin out and reshape the other 2. haha. It works now! The rf was also total garbage so I replaced the rf components with a trrs jack and wired in composite and audio from their last originating components on the board before their pins on the expansion port. What do you guys think?

I will also soon mod an NES advantage for use on the TG. I am trying to find anything on a custom multi tap or a second player controller mod. Do any of you know anywhere I can find any schematics or anything at all? I know that when a turbo tap is in use, it goes wonky for player 1 unless there is a player 2 controller attached. What I want to do is put a 2nd player port on the advantage and use the P1/P2 switch to enable or disable the 5v. I think that would do it but am not sure. I still need to figure out how to even make a 2 player turbo tap.

PXL_20210617_211907063.jpg

PXL_20210618_012812424.jpg

PXL_20210623_033129775.thumb.jpg.6ef25538eabc4f5539916ace2823f500.jpg

PXL_20210623_033058377.thumb.jpg.146b7777d242b0b244bc0b060ae56822.jpg

PXL_20210618_015242336.jpg

PXL_20210618_173458750.jpg

Edited by Dopy25
  • Like 1

I just bought a US Bonk III from a seller in Japan. I was a little worried because this same seller has sold quite a few copies of Bonk III, but it looks legitimate. I asked him about it and he said he had a bunch of copies of Bonk III. The game made it from Japan to Dallas is record time, but it sat in Dallas for a few days before finally making its way my way.

It seems to me that TurboGrafx-16 prices are starting to come down a bit. Not a lot, but I have noticed multiple games selling for less than they were selling.

I was not sure I was allowed to do it since I already rated the transaction, but I asked for a refund and got it, without any message or anything. So basically I got Game Tengoku for free (*). But now I'm hesitant to buy NewZealand Story again from him, at least I'll wait for a while. ?

(*) that's quite a gift actually: https://www.ebay.fr/itm/154347458727

Edited by roots.genoa

20 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

I was not sure I was allowed to do it since I already rated the transaction, but I asked for a refund and got it, without any message or anything. So basically I got Game Tengoku for free (*). But now I'm hesitant to buy NewZealand Story again from him, at least I'll wait for a while. ?

(*) that's quite a gift actually: https://www.ebay.fr/itm/154347458727

That game cost more than what I paid for my most expensive game that I own (Soldier Blade). 

• Haha 1