IGNORED

Princess Quest = Awesome

• 1 year later...

Time for a new thread where we rank all the home brews released to date. Its been a while since we have done this. Lots of great releases the last few years. Top 10 maybe?

Just a suggestion, maybe if a span of releases from a certain date to the present.. like post 2000 to now .

Another question , will it be only full physical release's or include just roms release's as well. Just so no one game gets left out.

Yah I dont see why not. If someones favourite game is ROM only then the more the merrier. ??

In the past we took all the top ten ratings lists and assigned rankings like 10-1 points similar to the high score thread to get the overall list. I think it is a fun exercise and for newbies it gives them a good idea of what the best home brews are if they are looking to get into collecting and playing these

• Like 1

Yah I dont see why not. If someones favourite game is ROM only then the more the merrier. ??

In the past we took all the top ten ratings lists and assigned rankings like 10-1 points similar to the high score thread to get the overall list. I think it is a fun exercise and for newbies it gives them a good idea of what the best home brews are if they are looking to get into collecting and playing these

Great idea's ????

So let it be written , So let it be done !!

So who will be willing to take this topic/poll on.

??

I wonder how Homebrew games would stack up against each other? What is the best Homebrew game of all time? Well the one thing I know for certain is that Blix is not in the running.....but Princess Quest Im certain would be a contender.

Interesting question ... I think some of the top ones would be:

D2K

Christmas Carol

Lost Caves of Kroz

Princess Quest

Space Patrol

I always have a soft spot for "original" games (as Intellivision was known for it's unique games), so I would lean towards Carol (my fav), Kroz and Quest, but with major respect to D2K which was a masterpiece of programming.

speaking of Intellivision we shouldn't forget how important the "tactile experience" is.

With all the respect for the "mere" software, in my opinion the physical format is essential. It's true, thanks to the LTO Flash now we can have the same satisfaction of "inserting to that line" a cart into the master component (please don't give a Freudian interpretation to this statement) and play games released only in ROM format with a real console.

But also opening the box, reading the manual and handling the overlays are all essential elements of the "Intellivision experience".

anyway, first of all, we must decide what kind of release should be considered as homebrew: only newly programmed games? Or even the previously unreleased games which got the physical treatment (with or without enhancements/completion)?

• Like 1