IGNORED

Anime Jaguar

ZylonBane

The attached screenshots are apparently from the anime series "The World God Only Knows", about an obsessive console gamer who saves the world with his l33t gaming skills or something. Somewhat ironic that of all the animated works for the Jag to show up in, it would be from the country where it was least popular. I guess the joke was that this guy is so into gaming that he owns literally every console.

Looks like you can watch the episode for free on Hulu. http://www.hulu.com/watch/425203 (Jag at ~13 minutes in).

post-2663-0-37538400-1429062040_thumb.jpg

post-2663-0-87764900-1429062051_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Looked around and couldn't find the cartridge label shown on the cartridge. Oh well.

Is he trying to play a Jaguar controller while wearing a Nintendo Powerglove? The only way he could be more hard core is to do all this while playing a Virtualboy. ;)

Seems like a cool anime. I bet a lot of us can relate to the main character... kinda obsessed with video games.. I think for those of us most hardcore into gaming, to the point we are loners, it probably began in life as an escape from something painful happening to us, in real life... Maybe that's why the Japanese are so obsessed with gaming. Japan seems a super stressful and competitive place, and elders in family put lots of expectations on their young. Plus their economy has been mostly bad since the 80's, but especially in the last 20 years or so. And of course I bet World World II haunts Japan as a whole, with the whole nuclear bombing thing (a common theme in animes).

Cool that this guy in the anime had a Jaguar. At one point on Youtube many years ago, there were some Jaguar videos about a crazy guy in Japan who dressed really funny, and he was a super Jaguar fan. The people interviewing him tried some Jaguar games and they were cool videos, don't know what happened to them, don't think they are on youtube anymore, im sure they are somewhere on the net. I would like to see them again! The Jaguar is truly rare in Japan though. For those that don't know, Atari did indeed make a special Japan set that included Alien vs. Predator as the pack in title with the system (why in the world didn't they do this in the USA!?) The Jaguar Japanese box has Japanese writing so does the AvP Jpn box.

In all my years selling on ebay I think I might have only sold 1 Jaguar game to someone in Japan.. Or actually I think it might have been an S video cable.

Edited by JAGUAR

I *NEED* that girl/horse Jaguar game.

girl-horse-jaguar8axah.png

In fact, I think I already started making it without knowing I did.

lookatmyhorseabyza.png

Just have to add some giant robots and tentacles and it should be job done.

In all my years selling on ebay I think I might have only sold 1 Jaguar game to someone in Japan.. Or actually I think it might have been an S video cable.

We regularly sold copies of our games to Japanese Jaguar fans, I think there were 4 or 5 unique buyers through the various games we put out.

• Like 4