IGNORED

Why I got back into collecting ColecoVision...

TPR

Welcome back TPR! I got into the collecting scene because of my wanting to play Donkey Kong again. I had no idea about emulation, but figured there had to be a flash or downloadable version of DK on the web somewhere. That led to me to M.A.M.E. but then I started thinking about how much I loved the ColecoVision, and wouldn't it be cool to have one again. Here it is 15 years later & I've got more games than I could have ever dreamed of owning as a kid! Your story is very similar to mine, CV was my all-time favorite gaming console. Funny, I was supposed to get one for Christmas '82, but my parents couldn't locate one, so I got a 'note' from Santa explaining how they had run out, I'd need to ask my parents for one for my birthday in March. Longest 3 months of my life waiting for that birthday!

PS I was twelve in 1982, the Santa note was for the benefit of my 6 year old brother who still believed! lol

• Like 1

Added a few more goodies today. The Atarisoft games are still sealed and the boxes look fantastic! Other than the tear on the front, the Rolloverture box was in great shape, and this is one I just needed the loose cart for, so the box was a nice bonus. One of my favorite games, Oil's Well and then Rock N Bolt!

Slowly knocking off that list! Thank you to everyone who has responded to help with the collection!

image.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think these are now the three rarest carts I have in my collection...

Still looking for the following loose carts:

Alcazar

Amazing Bumpman

Boulder Dash

Gust Buster

Skiing

Super Sketch

Tank War

Robin Hood/Sir Lancelot Double Ender

post-41816-0-44864200-1432404083.jpg

Wow I've seen speed collectors before but that's amazing. I've been trying to get a loose wiz math now for at least 12 years with no luck.

What make WizMath so tough is that everyone knows the value or does their research to find out the value, so you just have to accept having to pay between $90-$100 for a loose cart.

I think Mumbai has one available in his sales thread.

I think these are now the three rarest carts I have in my collection...

Still looking for the following loose carts:

Alcazar

Amazing Bumpman

Boulder Dash

Gust Buster

Skiing

Super Sketch

Tank War

There's no such thing as a "loose" Super Sketch. The cartridge is linked with a cable to the drawing board, and this cable cannot be disconnected.

What make WizMath so tough is that everyone knows the value or does their research to find out the value, so you just have to accept having to pay between $90-$100 for a loose cart.

I think Mumbai has one available in his sales thread.

You're correct. That's been my issue. I can't and likely won't spend that for a loose cart. In 25 years of collecting I've rarely if ever spent that for a loose game.

There's no such thing as a "loose" Super Sketch. The cartridge is linked with a cable to the drawing board, and this cable cannot be disconnected.

Gotcha. I meant more that I'm looking for it "without the box" but of course if I found one in the box I wouldn't turn that down either. That's basically a list of released games I don't have in any physical form at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's one I will keep in a very safe place! Hoping the funds for this will at least go into getting everyone's SGM out a little quicker, or at least to help bring some of those games on the side of the box to life! :)

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

So now that I"m nearly caught up with all the homebrew releases, I've started looking for mint condition NIB games and I've been surprised to see just how much old stock is still out there. I guess that video game crash must have left people with a lot more inventory than I would have expected. Bad for them then, but great for us collectors today! Here's a few of the games still all sealed new in box I've managed to pick up in the last couple of weeks. Some of them look as though the store just cracked open the case of games yesterday. It's almost eerie in a way...

CV_games1.JPG

CV_games2.JPG

• Like 2

Destructor!!! And I thought it was meant to be played with the roller controller... I'll try it with the steering wheel now!

Yeah, if you weren't getting such high scores, that might be the problem! :P

• 1 month later...

It's been a slower month for me as I spent the last 4 weeks in Japan visiting theme parks doing "job stuff." I did go into several retro gaming stores filled with amazing amounts of NES and early Nintendo toys. While I didn't see any Colecovision stuff (was hoping in the off chance there would be *something*) I did see plenty of MSX and SG-1000 games. Some cool looking titles that would be nice to see ported over eventually!

Anyway, here's a few items I have picked up over the last month. The first of which is this awesome Adam Power Supply from Rey! Goodbye printer!!! =)

adamsupply.jpg

To give you an idea of the size, here it is next to a sealed copy of Pepper II that I picked up (which other than a small crease in the lower left, it's in REALLY good shape!)

adam_pepperII.jpg

I picked up a Gust Buster which makes my loose cart collection one step closer to being complete:

gustbuster.jpg

This is all I have left now for my loose cart collection:

Alcazar
Amazing Bumpman
Boulder Dash
Skiing
Super Sketch
Tank War

And a sealed CBS Mouse Trap (the first of the CBS CIB games I have) and a copy of GDG's Game Pack #2

mousetrapCBS.jpg

That's all for now, but I think I also have a big box of goodies coming in from CollectorVision so I'm looking forward to that hopefully soon as well!

• Like 1

skiing and amazing bumpman basically are cart only. They didn't get sold with a box and if any of them have one it is that stupid green clam shell with a photocopy picture in it. There are some people that made a colecovision box for them so if you get someone that bought that then you might see a box with it. Don't pass it up because I started paying attention to this stuff around 2009 and besides the carts I was lucky enough to get, I have really only seen them pop up 1 or 2 other times.

Tank Wars and alcazar I have seen a lot on ebay, you should find one of those.

Boulder dash popped up a few years ago a handful of times but seems to have gone quiet again.

• Like 1