IGNORED

Why I got back into collecting ColecoVision...

TPR

True, but a modded original CV would run me what, a hundred plus Cdn? This would cost twice as much but also gives you a lot more. As mentioned those built in homebrews are worth hundreds. That alone makes this trump a real CV IMHO, let alone the other goodies built in.

NIAD wasn't referring to modding your CV, just opening it up, cleaning/refurbishing the power switch and closing the system back up again. Only cost would be some deoxit and possibly some dielectric grease (the latter is for if you strip down the power switch). It's really not that hard to do.

• Like 2

NIAD wasn't referring to modding your CV, just opening it up, cleaning/refurbishing the power switch and closing the system back up again. Only cost would be some deoxit and possibly some dielectric grease (the latter is for if you strip down the power switch). It's really not that hard to do.

No I get it. I was speaking from the point of view of reacquiring a new CV now. If I were to do so, I'd want a modded and cleaned unit, not something off ebay, which would run me $100+ Canadian plus shipping. What I'm saying is that if I were willing to do that, I'd prefer to take that money, save it, and wait on the Collectorvision and spend the extra on that.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

I have often wondered why someone with a 3D Printer or other modern tools just do not created the Coleco Prototypes for history sake.

Sure they are copies but would be able to work with modern internals.

Put the spinner back on the Coleco Joystick or a stick with blue buttons.

Personally I like the Coleco with the white face plate.

This is not like we were 40 years ago.

Hell, someone can actually make the original SGM and install the micro string drives which were nothing but a looping 8 track if you ask me.

Edited by Mike Harris

• 2 years later...

It's been a little while since I've added to this thread.  I probably need to go through and make a few new updates.  I did spend some time recently re-organizing my collection. It's not done yet, but here is a good chunk of my "boxed homebrew" and "varients" that I have...

CV_001.thumb.jpg.5782eeaa56659f4457a5e7f815d2d524.jpg

CV_002.thumb.JPEG.f626bb03de44ddd372718451b41a774d.JPEG

CV_003.thumb.JPEG.933162b6aaebd6cb82b4e4c28f507dc1.JPEG

CV_004.thumb.JPEG.07b931c6fee75a8ca67dd974667f464f.JPEG

CV_005.thumb.jpg.0a11da20ccae3698dbb437d5f68e7d7d.jpg

CV_006.thumb.jpg.261b58221207a65e1cef743a31f8f474.jpg

CV_007.thumb.jpg.9df1af5803ff91548b12a292241bd5ec.jpg

As far as homebrews go, I think that is almost every Team Pixelboy, Opcode, and CollectorVision game, among others... not quite every variant, but I do think almost every game from those publishers is at least represented in some way.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, TPR said:

It's been a little while since I've added to this thread.  I probably need to go through and make a few new updates.  I did spend some time recently re-organizing my collection. It's not done yet, but here is a good chunk of my "boxed homebrew" and "varients" that I have...

As far as homebrews go, I think that is almost every Team Pixelboy, Opcode, and CollectorVision game, among others... not quite every variant, but I do think almost every game from those publishers is at least represented in some way.

I think you have surpassed my collection by about 2x or 3x! You're making me want to update my collection thread. :) 

EDIT: I count about 582 unique boxes (double-boxed are separated) on your shelves there (minus the SGMs). Is that about right?

Edited by phattyboombatty
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Crapahute said:

I'm so sorry about that... ?

Yeah, I would not be sorry.  Your work is amazing and it's not your fault someone else bootlegged it.  On one hand, at least being in my collection means it is "out of circulation" and now exists just as an obscurity next to the original title.  If anything, this most certainly applies here... :D

rottenecard_8485577_wmrn49q2mk.png.653e1766474da41eb3f6fd4a87556c0a.png

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WaveRider1970 said:

Hi this is quite impressive. Now i can compare and see what I missed. I see there was a lot of OPC prototype SGM games in those grey boxes, isn't it? 

Those gray boxes are either Opcode Lab or very small run games that they did.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, TPR said:

Mail call! Two new games from CollectorVision! Excited about both of these Zombie-themed games!

Oh wow - these are already being shipped - fantastic.  While I'm excited by both of these games, as I love platformers I'm particularly looking forward to Zombie Calavera.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, phattyboombatty said:

Is there any gameplay video of their latest releases? Would love to see.

Going to work on a video this weekend.  Just got the in today and at least wanted to post that they had arrived!  So far though PvZ is a lot of fun!

• Thanks 1